IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

wait seriously someone wishes them honeymoon twins??? wow!! i could see jim bob hoping for a booster in the ratings but.., hope they will break the honeymoon trend and wait even just a couple of months before producing their first quiver

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For clarification, Joy/Austen posted in the comments that Duke is Lauren's younger brother (and in the description say they were two days apart).

Mason is around 9 months old, so he'd be a lot bigger than Gideon by now.

It's so odd thinking how Josiah is holding is soon to be brother in law as an infant. In under a year from now, Duke will probably be an uncle, growing up with his niece or nephew more like a sibling. The M children and the youngest J's are similar in that respect.

That picture is depressing. Much as I hope things work out for them (like leaving fundamentalism together etc) I can't help but feel that Josiah is being pushed down a path, consciously or unconsciously, that is not the best fit for him and on some level he knows it. That rarely works out well for the couples involved.

Josiah Duggar is 21 years old. While I don't have anything against young people getting married per se, it feels wrong this time.  In my opinion he should be in college, maybe something real estate themed like interior design or architecture.  

17 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Josiah Duggar is 21 years old. While I don't have anything against young people getting married per se, it feels wrong this time.  In my opinion he should be in college, maybe something real estate themed like interior design or architecture.  

God forbid! You know his job is to have babies with Lauren and go into the ministry. 

His eyes look dead. No joy in them. 

I think Giddy looks a bit like Sam?! 

Also, what are all of Lauren’s siblings names? Pure interest, given their theme. 

3 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I think Giddy looks a bit like Sam?! 

Also, what are all of Lauren’s siblings names? Pure interest, given their theme. 

I don't think they have been publicly released except for Duke. we once found she had a brother named David because he was running in race with some of the Duggar's. 

Maybe they're hoping he'll play basketball for Duke University? lol

I've known five men (not dogs) named Duke. It's not that odd, to me.

The only Duke I know is a French Bulldog.

That and I grew up playing early versions of Duke Nukem on my dad's PC.

As glad as I am that Marjorie isn't another baby factory Mrs Duggar, I always thought it said something about Josiah that his first girlfriend was fairly independent for a fundie, pursues an education, and is a legit author. Maybe he also wants more out of his life, or at the very least, likes to have broader hobbies.

This is just my gut feeling so I could be way off,  but I always felt like Marjorie was the kind of girl Siah really liked and Lauren is the fundie girl he's "supposed" to like. That's just the vibe I get. Maybe he really does love Lauren and want a wife like that, but that's not the impression I get.

Josiah always struck me as a young man who would not be happy within the confines of fundamentalism. I think he wants more for himself and is capable of more. We often talk about how bad it is for the young woman, but I think Josiah is an example of how this system can fail its young men too.

I'm just very sad about this whole wedding.

I agree @BernRul  Marjorie was a lot like his own personality: outgoing, energetic, creative mind, trying out new stuff. They could’ve supported eachother well in these things. Lauren ... we don’t know much about her but she seems very introvert, meek (my favoriete new word since Jeremy) and ready to start popping out babies. And by ready I mean brainwashed. 

People are really into royalty related and title names these days. 

Reign (Kourtney Ks son)

Sir (Beyonce’s Son)

Kingston (Gwen Stefani’s son)

So Duke isn’t hugely surprising. However it sounds like a nickname to me. Maybe because it was John Wayne’s nickname. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

People are really into royalty related and title names these days. 

Reign (Kourtney Ks son)

Sir (Beyonce’s Son)

Kingston (Gwen Stefani’s son)

So Duke isn’t hugely surprising. However it sounds like a nickname to me. Maybe because it was John Wayne’s nickname. 

Beyonce called her kid Sir? Jesus Christ. Poor kid. But I suppose he won't have to fill out job applications like the rest of us. What's the next gonna be? Lord? I suppose there is already Lorde. Esquire? Earl? Duchess? 

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I've known a lot of good boys named Duke. Granted, they were all dogs, but

Honestly my first thought was David Duke, the KKK guy.  Hope that that wasn't the namesake.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It was also Edward Kennedy Ellington's nickname.  In fact, most people probably don't even know who that is because he's almost exclusively referred to by his nickname: Duke Ellington.  

We sometimes call our kid Sir Miniwayton as a nickname. Because obviously it’s great to make the kids name twice as long when you nickname. :my_biggrin:

34 minutes ago, BernRul said:

As glad as I am that Marjorie isn't another baby factory Mrs Duggar, I always thought it said something about Josiah that his first girlfriend was fairly independent for a fundie, pursues an education, and is a legit author. Maybe he also wants more out of his life, or at the very least, likes to have broader hobbies.

This is just my gut feeling so I could be way off,  but I always felt like Marjorie was the kind of girl Siah really liked and Lauren is the fundie girl he's "supposed" to like. That's just the vibe I get. Maybe he really does love Lauren and want a wife like that, but that's not the impression I get.

Josiah always struck me as a young man who would not be happy within the confines of fundamentalism. I think he wants more for himself and is capable of more. We often talk about how bad it is for the young woman, but I think Josiah is an example of how this system can fail its young men too.

I'm just very sad about this whole wedding.

I think there are a lot more Josiah's out there. 

41 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Beyonce called her kid Sir? Jesus Christ. Poor kid. But I suppose he won't have to fill out job applications like the rest of us. What's the next gonna be? Lord? I suppose there is already Lorde. Esquire? Earl? Duchess? 

Lorde is just a stage name. Her legal first name is Ella. 

My husband has a relative that is nicknamed Duke. Still not sure how that came about. The only other human Duke I know about is one of the sons of Chip and Joanna Gaines (former HGTV reality stars and proprietors of those Silo things the Duggars appear to have a obsession that can’t be righteously fulfilled with.)

ETA: And Earl actually is an established male first name in the states. I don’t think it’s very popular, but I don’t think it would be as out there as choosing Duchess or Prince.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Lorde is just a stage name. Her legal first name is Ella. 

My husband has a relative that is nicknamed Duke. Still not sure how that came about. The only other human Duke I know about is one of the sons of Chip and Joanna Gaines (former HGTV reality stars and proprietors of those Silo things the Duggars appear to have a obsession that can’t be righteously fulfilled with.)

ETA: And Earl actually is an established male first name in the states. I don’t think it’s very popular, but I don’t think it would be as out there as choosing Duchess or Prince.

I have an Uncle Earl (great uncle) who just turned 97.  It never even occurred to me it was odd, nor did it ever really connect in my head that it was a title, not a name other places.  Its a common enough name.

4 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I have an Uncle Earl (great uncle) who just turned 97.  It never even occurred to me it was odd, nor did it ever really connect in my head that it was a title, not a name other places.  Its a common enough name.

It didn’t strike me as odd either. @SorenaJis from a Scandinavian country though (Sorry I cant remember which one!) I’m guessing a cultural difference would explain why it would seem like an odd name choice to her. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived