IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

12 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well that was an eventful duggar day. A wedding shower and a new baby all in one. 

Tlc probably loved that, bet they were at one of the two events. “Hey y’all Joe just called..”. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, beepy13 said:

At least the banner is reusable!

I want the banner to be edited several times, like the "you're killing me, Buster" banner from Arrested Development.

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Tlc probably loved that, bet they were at one of the two events. “Hey y’all Joe just called..”. 

and the crew probably had to rush to that birth I doubt they had a crew on Kendra yet since she was what nine days early. opps bet they missed some good footage LOL 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

and the crew probably had to rush to that birth I doubt they had a crew on Kendra yet since she was what nine days early. opps bet they missed some good footage LOL 

Like with Jessa’s birth of Henry, they probably had a camera at their disposal from 37weeks on. I’m sure they filmed stuff themselves. I am curious if Kendra had a vaginal birth or c-section though. If she had a vaginal birth we can expert the next one in 2019 and she might be right on track for 15+ kids. And swap houses with Jb and Michelle once Josie gets married off 10 years from now. 

6 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Like with Jessa’s birth of Henry, they probably had a camera at their disposal from 37weeks on. I’m sure they filmed stuff themselves. I am curious if Kendra had a vaginal birth or c-section though. If she had a vaginal birth we can expert the next one in 2019 and she might be right on track for 15+ kids. And swap houses with Jb and Michelle once Josie gets married off 10 years from now. 

I would say Vaginal since they said their was no complications. unless this was a scheduled c-section for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, Pete Pickles said:

This is a pretty stale wedding watch. Are we still thinking June 30 is the date?

Right? I’m already over it.

It does seem like June 30th is the date. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think this is the longest Duggar engagement by far. Kind of interesting because it seems like their courtship was super short. 

It does seem like they kind of phoned it in on this bridal/wedding shower.  You'd think Josiah would want something with a little more pizazz.  Maybe they're saving it for the wedding. 

4 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

It does seem like they kind of phoned it in on this bridal/wedding shower.  You'd think Josiah would want something with a little more pizazz.  Maybe they're saving it for the wedding. 

I don't think Grooms really get a say usually on the Bridal shower. heck it seems most of the time Brides don't even get a say it's who ever is planning it that gets a majority of the say. as for the wedding I figure like Joe Si will just want to make Lauren happy so maybe he'll have a say on the men's outfits but I figure that will be about it. 

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

If anyone can justifiably get away with being a bridezilla on thier wedding- its the fundies. 

Why? 

Yes, I know that's a one-word "reply" but I'm honestly curious.

9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It does seem like June 30th is the date. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think this is the longest Duggar engagement by far. Kind of interesting because it seems like their courtship was super short. 

Well, according to Duggar Data, 

"For Duggar Couples, courtship and engagement length are strongly negatively correlated (r = –0.8279).  Further, the correlation is statistically–significant, with its p–value of 0.0419.  (Generally, any p–value ≤ 0.05 is considered statistically–significant.)  What does this mean?  Honestly, it’s simple:  Short courtships lead to long engagements, and vice versa.

What does this mean, in practice?  Consider Josiah + Lauren…  Allegedly, they will not wed until June 30, 2018.  If that’s the case, their engagement would be ~127 Days long—way, way beyond the normal Duggar range.  As such, there’s a better chance that they courted only briefly.  (Maybe January 6, 2018 is right, after all!)  Similarly, consider Jessa + Ben:  They had the longest courtship and the shortest engagement.  Given our result, that makes perfect sense!"

59 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why? 

Yes, I know that's a one-word "reply" but I'm honestly curious.

I would guess her reasoning was because so many of these young Fundies never get the opportunity to have one day be just about them prior to their wedding day? 

5 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Well, according to Duggar Data, 

"For Duggar Couples, courtship and engagement length are strongly negatively correlated (r = –0.8279).  Further, the correlation is statistically–significant, with its p–value of 0.0419.  (Generally, any p–value ≤ 0.05 is considered statistically–significant.)  What does this mean?  Honestly, it’s simple:  Short courtships lead to long engagements, and vice versa.

What does this mean, in practice?  Consider Josiah + Lauren…  Allegedly, they will not wed until June 30, 2018.  If that’s the case, their engagement would be ~127 Days long—way, way beyond the normal Duggar range.  As such, there’s a better chance that they courted only briefly.  (Maybe January 6, 2018 is right, after all!)  Similarly, consider Jessa + Ben:  They had the longest courtship and the shortest engagement.  Given our result, that makes perfect sense!"

Ha, thank you, now I remember reading that post and thinking, "Hey, that's neat" and then I promptly forgot about it! They're always talking up their reasoning for short engagements - and to be fair, four months is still REALLY, REALLY short by 'normal' standards. I'd definitely be interested in hearing their reasoning behind super speedy courtships and then relatively lengthy engagements, though. You'd think the opposite would be the better way to go. And of course it makes me wonder if Josiah/his family wanted to lock Lauren down, so to speak, before she had the chance to bolt like Marjorie...

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Ha, thank you, now I remember reading that post and thinking, "Hey, that's neat" and then I promptly forgot about it! They're always talking up their reasoning for short engagements - and to be fair, four months is still REALLY, REALLY short by 'normal' standards. I'd definitely be interested in hearing their reasoning behind super speedy courtships and then relatively lengthy engagements, though. You'd think the opposite would be the better way to go. And of course it makes me wonder if Josiah/his family wanted to lock Lauren down, so to speak, before she had the chance to bolt like Marjorie...

that would be my guess it's easier to break off a courtship then it is to break off an engagement  in those circles so I bet he was pressured to propose to her so she didn't get a chance to run.  they could also be waiting so it's closer to the new season to get people excited for said season instead of the wedding being months before the season and no one really caring by the time the episodes come along.  

40 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I would guess her reasoning was because so many of these young Fundies never get the opportunity to have one day be just about them prior to their wedding day? 

That's similar to my big fat gypsy wedding... the girls get vet elaborate weddings but the rest of life is pretty bleak 

18 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

That's similar to my big fat gypsy wedding... the girls get vet elaborate weddings but the rest of life is pretty bleak 

Oh I watched a few of those episodes. first of all I hate 99% of those dresses but it was just crazy spend all that money on that ugly dress and live in a camper yeah that makes sense. :pb_rollseyes:

The camper/ RV living is their cultural heritage. They move with work. And although it appears that more are settling down, they remain very proud of that tradition.

38 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

The camper/ RV living is their cultural heritage. They move with work. And although it appears that more are settling down, they remain very proud of that tradition.

MBFGW and the UK show was a gulity pleasure for me, but I ended up learning so much from it.

Gyspy Sisters on the other hand... :trainwreck:

16 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

oh look, they're actually looking at the camera this time!

And it looks like he is admitting she is better at badminton then him. Go Lauren! 

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

(is it POSSIBLE those are shorts and not a skirt?)

I think they are shorts possibly, albeit very long and awkwardly rolled at the bottom. My grandma always liked that kind of shorts thoughshe called them "peddle pushers" I believe.

eta - his lege would really have to be digging into hers for a skirt to be pulled that tight. Therefore, I think I'd be more surprised it is was a skirt.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived