IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

When Joy literally said that they would not be staying long for the reception I found it also a little creepy.

You just had your first (and second and third) kiss, must be enough to keep your pants (skirt) on for a few hours more.

Yes! I found this so hilarious. "We want to leave as early as possible." At your wedding reception? What's the point of partying on your behalf if you aren't even there. 

My nephew got married years ago and while they aren't fundie - she comes from a pretty religious family. They don't drink (dry reception) and they hadn't had sex prior to the wedding.

My nephew - who likely HAD done some drinking and fooling around (just not with her) told his cousins "Yeah - dry wedding reception and we haven't slept together? We're not staying long at the reception..."

And they were gone SUPER early. The reception as a whole wrapped up early.

When Joy literally said that they would not be staying long for the reception I found it also a little creepy.

See, I understood that as "we won't stay up here making this big, long thank you speech", but I guess that's just my naivete. [emoji23]

When she said it initially I was also thinking "really?" but then their wedding photographer posted a blog, and along with pictures talked about how either before the reception or directly after they were going to multiple locations to shoot the requisite kissy field pics and paparazzi found them. The photographer was complimenting Joy's calm reaction. That hassle could make you want to speed things along. Plus watching their reception reminded me why people do childfree weddings, and I like kids lots. There was one shot of Joy and Austin clearly trying to pass through people politely where she looked like both bride and babysitter. Inviting so many people that you end up with a bunch of kids you barely know trying to hang on you at your wedding would make me wanna escape too!

11 hours ago, pandora said:

When she said it initially I was also thinking "really?" but then their wedding photographer posted a blog, and along with pictures talked about how either before the reception or directly after they were going to multiple locations to shoot the requisite kissy field pics and paparazzi found them. The photographer was complimenting Joy's calm reaction. That hassle could make you want to speed things along. Plus watching their reception reminded me why people do childfree weddings, and I like kids lots. There was one shot of Joy and Austin clearly trying to pass through people politely where she looked like both bride and babysitter. Inviting so many people that you end up with a bunch of kids you barely know trying to hang on you at your wedding would make me wanna escape too!

I don't think they were making pictures since she was out of her wedding dress already before the end of the reception.

Or they filmed both before and after the pictures and they put them together in montage so it looked like one timeline. But then the guests where there quite long..

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I don't think they were making pictures since she was out of her wedding dress already before the end of the reception.

Or they filmed both before and after the pictures and they put them together in montage so it looked like one timeline. But then the guests where there quite long..

Ahh thanks, so if she changed after it was before they went to the reception then, makes sense to me. I think its pretty common for guests to be at a reception/cocktail hour for a little bit before the couple make an entrance. 

I'm on my phone right now and did a brief look for the blog post I'm talking about and couldn't find it, but I can look later on my computer. I swear I got there from a link here..

The size of these Duggar weddings would make me want to leave early. My husband and I planned for 100 people at our wedding, ended up with 76. If we end up at a wedding even half the size of the Duggars, I think we would be compelled to leave early, just for our own sanity.  I'm not casting judgement on those who have large weddings. I just get overwhelmed by crowds. 

On 6/5/2018 at 8:33 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Yes! I found this so hilarious. "We want to leave as early as possible." At your wedding reception? What's the point of partying on your behalf if you aren't even there. 

Exactly! And since the Duggars don’t believe in serving a meal to the many guests who come to their weddings, what’s the point of them even to have receptions other than light socialization and keeping up appearances?

17 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Exactly! And since the Duggars don’t believe in serving a meal to the many guests who come to their weddings, what’s the point of them even to have receptions other than light socialization and keeping up appearances?

I assume it's to collect all the gifts...

@CarrotCake found it, here ya go! http://www.joncourville.com/blog/2017/10/18/a-duggar-wedding-with-tlc-joy-anna-austin-forsyth The family photographer said they went to a private location to take pictures after the ceremony (after they'd already done photos for People with another photographer at the church). Apparently the Duggar PR guy was along for the ride, and Joy was praying aloud that the paparazzi wouldn't follow them. Sounds pretty exhausting for me, no wonder they bowed out of the reception quickly.

On 6/6/2018 at 3:17 PM, pandora said:

@CarrotCake found it, here ya go! http://www.joncourville.com/blog/2017/10/18/a-duggar-wedding-with-tlc-joy-anna-austin-forsyth The family photographer said they went to a private location to take pictures after the ceremony (after they'd already done photos for People with another photographer at the church). Apparently the Duggar PR guy was along for the ride, and Joy was praying aloud that the paparazzi wouldn't follow them. Sounds pretty exhausting for me, no wonder they bowed out of the reception quickly.

Duggar weddings sound exhausting, in general. The children have relatively little choice, in certain matters. At a bare minimum, it's going to be filmed, which could be stressful for some.  Joy, I just really felt for. If she and Austin had been allowed to get married outdoors, camp fire style, much simpler dress,  I could have seen her staying a little longer to play horseshoes, etc. 

5 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Duggar weddings sound exhausting, in general. The children have relatively little choice, in certain matters. At a bare minimum, it's going to be filmed, which could be stressful for some.  Joy, I just really felt for. If she and Austin had been allowed to get married outdoors, camp fire style, much simpler dress,  I could have seen her staying a little longer to play horseshoes, etc. 

Outdoor wedding like that would have been perfect for them both, both her and Austin like the outdoors and they are not the formal wedding types. I don't think she said that purely because she wanted to have sex with him, she had barely spent time alone with him and too many people around would overwhelm me. 

On KUWF Tumblr there is a poster who say kendra is experience contration...The source should be Jb e Michelle in that come to meet us they have this weekend 

On 6/5/2018 at 1:33 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I almost find it disrespectful. Your parents and a television network spent shitloads of money to throw this nice wedding and reception for you, all these people come to give you tons of gifts, and you're just like "peace out because I wanna fuck" twenty minutes into the party thrown for you? It strikes me as ungrateful and rude. 

Lindsey Reith posted this. So are we thinking the wedding is today? Or was it yesterday? Ok never mind, it’s just a shower. So I guess the wedding will be soon.

41C99F6F-7545-4629-8DF1-B400017F54D2.png

This is BEC to the extreme but Styrofoam cups and a paper bag table cloth? #Classy 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

This is BEC to the extreme but Styrofoam cups and a paper bag table cloth? #Classy 

Don't forget the plastic table covering underneath!

They love the hanging flower bullshit, don't they? Hey - find some new Pinterest accounts to follow! Damn.

23 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I almost find it disrespectful. Your parents and a television network spent shitloads of money to throw this nice wedding and reception for you, all these people come to give you tons of gifts, and you're just like "peace out because I wanna fuck" twenty minutes into the party thrown for you? It strikes me as ungrateful and rude. 

Another way to look at it is, they didn't want a big wedding and all the fuss and were forced to put on a show, so they high tailed it out of there ASAP.  I didn't want a bit wedding, I wanted to elope and be done with it, but my mother put the nix on that real quick. She isn't 1/2 as controlling as the ma & pa Duggar are.  

16 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think the paper bag table cloth kinda works (you could let the kids draw cute pictures on it, easy cleanup), but I agree about the cups. Solo cups would look better, FFS. I get using disposables if you have a ton of people (but come on, you have an army of kids capable of operating a sink/dishwasher, and AN INDUSTRIAL FUCKING DISHWASHER), but you can buy ones that look halfway nice. 

I'd be so worried about the dead shriveled flowers dropping off that ceiling garland and into people's food and drinks. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived