IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

3 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I wonder why Scott Brown is being secretive about this.

He's from the James & Stacy McDonald School of "If We Don't Talk About It, It Didn't Happen, and We'll Just Lie About It Anyway." 3...2...1 before the family photo at Scotty's website gets updated with Mr. & Mrs. Ziegler and the little Bradricks.

Gotta say that film clip of the self-righteous Robert Ziegler was depressing & infuriating. Also, if the guy felt so entitled to push his Jeebus religion on his students, just what else was he pushing on them or forcing them to do? Unless he's had a brain & heart transplant, he's definitely in the douche canoe column.

37 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Some sins are "unforgivable" though.  

Or its corollary in fundie world, some white male patriarchs sinners can be forgiven everything.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this guy has been around the Browns for a while, then hopefully Kelly got to know him well before any courting took place. I don't have much insider info but from the little bit i heard on the divorce, I know it had to have been really hard on her. I hope she and the children are all happy. 

OK, after reading the divorce documents and Palimpset's post in the other thread, I am really disappointed that Peter can only see his kids every other month and call them only every other week and has supervised visitation. I think it's appalling this can happen just because of someone's sex life or even cheating for that matter. It seems like Kelly and the Brown family wanted to write Peter out of the kids lives because of him allegedly cheating with men and women. That has nothing to do with him as a parent. He also has to pay a hefty amount in child support and alimony. I feel pretty angry now about it.

I suspect there's a healthy dose of the same "do as we say. not as we do" attitude we always get from the Brown/Phillips/Botkin tier of (former) VF royalty.

Another woman might get blamed for her husband's homosexual activity (you clearly didn't work/pray hard enough to "fix" him), but Scottie isn't about to measure HIS daughter by the same yardstick he would anyone else, at least not as long as she's willing to tow the line. Which, of course, she doesn't have a whole heck of a lotta choice about, with no education, six children, and ex who doesn't make enough for adequate child support.

And if Peter had been game, I think she would have been in Anna Duggar's situation. Actually, I suspect she was for years, until Petey stopped playing the "I've sinned, but I repent!" card that Josh Duggar seems to still be playing. Something seems to have snapped in Peter after the fall of VF. I do feel badly that he seems to have gotten the shaft over seeing his children.

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

A guy from my former fundie church is getting married barely a year from his divorce. He was engaged before the 6 month Anny of the divorce. Rumor has it they were texting before the divorce. He's still in good standing in the church tho

Because PENIS. He was obviously  led astray by the woman. (sarcasm off)

He was 24 in 2004. That makes him 37-38 now.  Why was he single for so long?  Seems as if he was prime fundie husband material, just withering on the vine.

I'd hate to think Kelly has married a man just like Bradrick!, if you get my drift.

I hope for her sake he's not particularly inclined towards taking dominion over her body.  I can't imagine much less pleasant then an inexperienced patriarch taking out decades of sexual frustration on one's body,  especially after 6 kids. 

Went back and read the articles about Robert's teaching experience that @Marian the Librarian posted on page 1. Hey buddy, I wouldn't be so proud of my "martyrdom" with that info out in the public record. Apparently a number of students came forward to say that he was making them uncomfortable and some said they were falling behind in math because of his behavior. So principled! What a man of god!

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Give up your cares to Jebus and you can learn.  Going to throw up now.

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I find this fascinating. Since he is the new headship, does he have to re-train her to be his submissive wife? Do the kids now have to call him daddy and pretend their biological dad doesn’t exist? Will the first set of kids be considered less than the new husband’s kids? Is kelly considered less of a wife since she is not a virgin? Is new husband elevated in their circles because he took pity on kelly and her children? 

All of them, Katie. oops, wrong forum.

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I genuinely think a gay affair would be the silver bullet for a Scott Brown-approved divorce and re-marriage. 

I think that many of us on FJ have posited that he is gay.  Regardless, I hope he is finding himself, in the best sense of that journey.

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Well, being a step-father to six is certainly working with parents and their children....and "laboring to meet the Biblical qualifications for becoming a pastor" might include a godly wife and a big herd of kids. I dunno, I can't shake the bad feeling I have about all this.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling as well. I'm just never a fan of fast remarriages, especially when children are involved. Those kids are still reeling from their whole world being turned upside down. They didn't need to have a new step-father (and likely new sibling before the year is out) added to the mix.

This dude does not have much of an online presence. Of what I could find, it looks like he played or coached on the Bethel college basketball team. It is interesting that he went to a Mennonite college.

His family is all from Nebraska where they have a farm, but he has lived in Wake Forest since at least 2012. As of 2011 he was studying to become a pastor. 

It looks like he did own that roofing company with the bad reviews (which has now been dissolved). His name in Wake Forest is also associated with a 32 acre piece of property containing a fixer upper house that was last sold this past October. 

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

He was 24 in 2004. That makes him 37-38 now.  Why was he single for so long?  Seems as if he was prime fundie husband material, just withering on the vine.

I'd hate to think Kelly has married a man just like Bradrick!, if you get my drift.

Nathaniel Darnell Syndrome, anyone?

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Though being unemployable is a turn-on for many fundie women, it might give others a moment of pause.

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

It looks like he did own that roofing company with the bad reviews (which has now been dissolved). His name in Wake Forest is also associated with a 32 acre piece of property containing a fixer upper house that was last sold this past October. 

Isn't Scotty's day job in real estate? Some years ago a poster here from the Wake Forest area said that Scott Brown owned a lot real estate around town and was very involved in commercial real estate transactions, in particular.

I don’t agree that he’s unemployable though. He’s unemployable as a public school teacher but after the fiasco, he was a private school principal. Now he wants to be a pastor. He will probably be Scott Brown 2.0.

6 hours ago, Howl said:

He looks like creepy Nicholas Cage's creepier younger brother. 

So, has he been married before or has he just been waiting for the right woman?  Any pics of the wedding?  Did Scottie officiate? 

Don't have a good feeling about this.  He was fired from public school for annoying students for Jesus, which to me is less about zeal and more about having poor boundaries. 

That’s my curiosity: 38 and just now marrying? In NCFIC-ville?? What’s THAT about?!

Those are 6 screwed kids, those Bradrick kids — along with howevermany Ziegler kids come along.

ETA that obviously I replied before reading all the posts. Insanity. In the real world, a cutie like Kelly would’ve been pursued by all kinds of young men, some of them promising.  More importantly, she would’ve discovered what she was good at - mentally, not just physically birthin’ babies - and might have decided on one or two children. After a few years of earning and saving. 

Mas is, she’s still dependent on dadsie and hubby#2, and has 6 or more children to provide for. 

Sad. 

Well, being a step-father to six is certainly working with parents and their children....and "laboring to meet the Biblical qualifications for becoming a pastor" might include a godly wife and a big herd of kids. I dunno, I can't shake the bad feeling I have about all this.
Ugh! He is so gross! He was martyred - I mean fired from the public school job in 2004. So he is 37 or 38?

I have mega alarms going off because there are minor children involved.

21 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

That’s my curiosity: 38 and just now marrying? In NCFIC-ville?? What’s THAT about?!

Those are 6 screwed kids, those Bradrick kids — along with howevermany Ziegler kids come along.

Oh, yeah. No red flags there at all. Nope. Looks to be an arranged marriage. Scott's no longer responsible for supporting Kelly and her brood and having a wife gives RZ a veneer of respectability.

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

When I clicked on the first link you sent, I landed on page 1/27. I read through the first 7 pages and it wasn't anything regarding the reason for their divorce. I skimmed the following pages and didn't see anything. It wasn't until the last page, page 27, on your post, that I came across information regarding why they divorced. I'm not trying to make a big deal of it but it was really confusing and hard to find.

Never mind @Palimpsest, I messed something up when I clicked on the first link. It was my mistake and it sent me to the first page.

I did the same. If you click "Palimpsest posted..." then you get to the quote. If you click on the thread title, it goes to page one. It's perfectly reasonable to have assumed it was a single link that you could click anywhere.

But even reading Palimpsest's specific post, I'm not seeing any reasoning, persuasion, or proof. Just a reference to "insider infirmation." Which could well be true! And I've always appreciated Palimpsest's posts, found them generally logical and trustworthy. But I still would hope for something more specific than a vague assertion before treating something as fact.

(There may well be more than an assertion but I've missed it if there is.)

If this is true(and I'm thinking it is), Scotty definitely engineered it.  You know he wasn't going to support his daughter and six grandkids indefinitely(and in his world, there was no chance of him encouraging her to get an education so she could support herself), so it was imperative to transfer her to a new headship tout suite. 

Poor Kelly.  Poor kids. 

In the words of the immortal Han Solo...I have a baaaad feeling about this.

That dude is giving me some seriously squicky vibes.  Late 30's and not married in fundie-land is NOT good.

Praying for those kids (seriously). 

I'm concerned by what are coming across to me to be baseless suggestions that this guy's a child abuser just because he's older and unmarried.  

Also RE cutody, none of us know what evidence was presented to the judge.  Pleadings/filings are often inaccurate.  Sometimes they're outright lies.  I'd never assume that Petey was a gay cheater, and that's why he can't see the kids, because of that indirect implication about both sexes in the filings.  Unless I've missed some piece of info more reliable than Kelly's divorce filings? 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived