IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

14 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I haven't been able to find any, on all the usual social media sites.

You'd think Scottie would be jumping all over the chance to monetize this latest getting-the-picture-right-our-marriages-and-the-marriages-of-our-sons-and-daughters opportunity. After all, what are adult offspring good for, if not to push patriarchal papa's agenda?

I don't have any of your extensive background so this, so I will maybe ask a dumb question. Do you think Scottie has any sense of shame that the marriage he arranged failed? Could he be intensely fearful of questions and scrutiny surrounding the failed marriage he basically ordained?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that he'll just appear in a family photo a year or two from now, and everyone will pretend the previous marriage and subsequent divorce never happened. 

Maybe less than having shame...fundies simply rarely ever admit to failing. So pretend it never happened, but then focus on the success of round 2? 

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Do you think Scottie has any sense of shame that the marriage he arranged failed? Could he be intensely fearful of questions and scrutiny surrounding the failed marriage he basically ordained?

No and fuck no.

Scottie has no shame, just a keen sense of marketing to his leg-humpers.

He knows by now they aren't going to say jack and will keep paying to go to his bogus-ass conferences, buy his shit books & DVDs, and never question any inconsistencies.

It is going to be interesting to see how Scott sells his daughters remarriage and how he spins the story. He might just ignore the fact that this is Kelly's 2nd marriage (and his leghumpers probably wouldn't even bat an eye) or he gives all the blame to Peter and will wash a lot of dirty laundry in the public. This way he can play the victim card and Kelly stays holy! Anyway - Scott's decision to marry off Kelly to Peter in the first place will never be in question.

Michael and Susan Bradrick (Peter's parents) are no longer listed as board members on the Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington website. IIRC, they were some of the original founders. Retiring, deliberately shifting to a lower profile...??

https://www.christianheritageonline.org/about/meet-the-board/

20 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Michael and Susan Bradrick (Peter's parents) are no longer listed as board members on the Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington website. IIRC, they were some of the original founders. Retiring, deliberately shifting to a lower profile...??

https://www.christianheritageonline.org/about/meet-the-board/

Gah... I can still hear her loud, confident voice battering her workshop attendees, mesmerizing them into believing her way was the best and only way. I even bought her expensive writing curriculum and her “24 hours is all we get” workshop but didn’t get far into the writing curriculum and made little progress in bringing order out of our chaos.

My kids recently expressed their scorn for fundie families that dressed all their kids the same (they specifically mentioned the Bradricks) and their relief that I never learned to sew (I have whatever you’d call dyslexia in terms of being able to put together pattern pieces following the directions).

And here I thought the Bradricks looked so cute in their matching outfits at the homeschool conventions, especially when they would strike up a hymn in four-part harmony.

Sigh. Guess I’m lucky. I had the capacity to be a totally obnoxious fundie, just not the skill set.

They are also missing from the lists of the churches and families that adhere to the NCFIC tenets. You can look up “fundie near you” on Scott’s website in the directory.

24 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

They are also missing from the lists of the churches and families that adhere to the NCFIC tenets. You can look up “fundie near you” on Scott’s website in the directory.

What, really? I knew NCFIC had a list of churches, but I didn’t realize they also listed individual families.

Of course, with the typical family size in that crowd, three or four families can make up the bulk of a small church.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

I knew NCFIC had a list of churches, but I didn’t realize they also listed individual families.

Perhaps each one is a branch of the Church of Daddy Said So. 

Of course, when there are at several Daddies at one of these "churches" who have to obeyed, there could be confusion.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Bean said:

They are also missing from the lists of the churches and families that adhere to the NCFIC tenets.

But they're not missing from the store at Christian Heritage.

I'm not going to excuse Bradrick! from what ever he did, but in many ways he is a victim of his rearing.  

1.  He had  Michael and Susan as parents who raised him to believe he was the be all and end all of everything in the world because he was born with a peen.  Because he had a peen he was smarter, better, more godly, more .. everything than lowly women.   They raised him in their "ours is the only way, the true way,  the way that works" beliefs.  He was home schooled and never encountered people who were in any way different  or thought differently than him. All of this started him on the road to becoming his rude, arrogant, know-it-all, entitled self.

2. Then M&S send him to VF and DPIAT to be an intern (or whatever they were called) and to finish his "education"  With DPIAT, the master peen-haver,  he learned everything there is to know about patriarchy and why having a peen in patriarchy makes you a god among the followers.  He learned that following all the VF/ DPIAT/ patriarchy rules makes you better, smarter, more worthy and more godly than the rest of the world, even other Christians.

3.  So all of this "education" makes Bradrick! who he is ... and then ... He is rewarded with the gorgeous Princess of Patriarchy, Kelly.  Man he has it made!  He marries into one of the royal VF families in a truly royal wedding. Works for Patriarchy Inc. (VF)  Is DPIAT's close friend and heir apparent. Begins popping out royal offspring -- the fruits of his manly godly loins.

Then :boom: VF goes bust.  DP is revealed to all to be the Tool he always was/ is.

Bradricki! is out of a job. Everything he has ever been told, everything he has ever believed is called into question.  And he has absolutely no inner resources to cope.  Because his whole life everyone told him how wonderful, smart, special, worthy, godly and entitled he was because he had a peen and followed all the rules.

Except now there were no rules.  So what's a poorly educated, deposed former Price of Patriarchy, no longer heir apparent to defunct VF. peen-haver supposed to do?

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

So what's a poorly educated, deposed former Price of Patriarchy, no longer heir apparent to defunct VF. peen-haver supposed to do?

Stick it in everything apparently!

51 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

I LOL with you but when you think about it, it’s the only thing that makes sense: the penis is what makes him a man / special / ruler / entitled and it’s the only part of the formula that’s still working, so — he better work it! 

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'm also laughing, but EEEWWWW!!!! :laughing-jumpingpurple: :puke-huge: 

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And we know fundies aren’t big on condoms so....

Oh dear....are you saying Triumph, Aston-Martin, Geneva Convention & the rest have some half-siblings out there???

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh dear....are you saying Triumph, Aston-Martin, Geneva Convention & the rest have some half-siblings out there???

Possibly. But I think it’s even more possible that some STIs were spread. 

Because, in their worldview, having condoms means they were "planning to sin."

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, kpmom said:

We were convinced VF was trolling FJ and I believe KISA confirmed that when he came here.

Good times.

Whatever happened to The Knight? Does KISA ever come here now?

On 4/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, Letgo said:

Whatever happened to The Knight? Does KISA ever come here now?

I just took a quick look.  The member formerly known as KISA was lurking here on Monday but hasn't posted for ages. :my_cool:

He got his rear-end handed to him last time for mansplaining, IIRC.  

KISA is out of the cult and trying to recover from its influences.  He has changed quite a lot.

KISA is busy taking 1001 selfies and posting "thought-provoking" garbage on Facebook. He's still mighty impressed with himself. 

17 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

KISA is busy taking 1001 selfies and posting "thought-provoking" garbage on Facebook. He's still mighty impressed with himself. 

Yep.  That's him in a nut-shell.  I find him rather amusing though.  :)

20 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Is it bad my first instinct was "oh, so 'devil's advocate' racism and sexism", or is that unfair?

Ugh, one of my least-favourite genres is "thought provoking" stuff, as in "I'm not saying I believe it myself" (they always do) "But [insert something repugnant]" and then acting like it's the other people's fault for being too closed minded to "consider other people's opinions" or not understanding it's a thought exercise etc etc

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

oh, so 'devil's advocate' racism and sexism

No that's pretty much exactly it, and I find it every bit as obnoxious as you do. I can also see @Palimpsest's point about finding him amusing- his lack of introspection is 100% what you'd stereotypically expect from a dude who looks like him. Not that hot people are automatically shallow! He just exudes a Derrick Zoolander-esque intellect and seems so dang proud of it! John Robert Moore's film school for kids who can't movie good.

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

No that's pretty much exactly it, and I find it every bit as obnoxious as you do.

I always love the way you word your posts, so I'm not surprised I took exactly the right implications from it!

(But seriously, you're one of the posters who I like what you say, and also the way you say it - I aspire to be as pithy!)

On 5/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, ladyamylynn said:

So basically he is another Lawson Bates? 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived