IGNORED

Gun Violence Part 2: Thoughts and Prayers STILL Don't Work

Destiny

Good to be reminded. Sad that it's necessary.

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Re-position what his gun or his meat?

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Haha 4

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/29/erron-brown-alabama-shooting-police-emantic-bradford
Police kill an innocent man in an Alabama shooting.
Another day in Arizona: somebody  shoots his own private parts in Walmart. 

Yeah it was the guy too cheap to lay out twenty bucks for a holster.

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah it was the guy too cheap to lay out twenty bucks for a holster.

Honey does my penis look big in this. 

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

On 11/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I think what shocked and made me angriest about this was a quote I read somewhere (not in the linked article, dammit) which said basically that the victim had confused the issue by having a gun. So a 'good guy with a gun' will help solve gun crime unless the police fail to realise he's not a 'bad guy with a gun' and shoot him first. Apart from the obvious victim blaming going on (positively identify your target anyone?) it makes a mockery of the NRA argument for anyone who doesn't fit the police's "good guy" mental profile.  

Honestly I don't necessarily like the idea of the police being the only armed people in town unless the regulations about drawing and firing weapons are a LOT more stringent than they are now. The badge should always be the symbol of authority and the first recourse, not the gun.

• Upvote 5

December 6th is a sad day in Québec. Every year we commemorate what has been known in English as the ''Montreal Massacre'' or the shooting at Polytechnique. On December 6th 1989,  a gunman (I refuse to name him) armed with a rifle and hunting knife entered a classroom at the Université de Montréal Polytechnique school (engineering faculty). He proceeded to separate the male and female students and after claiming that he was "fighting feminism" and calling the women "a bunch of feminists," he shot all nine women in the room, killing six. He then moved through corridors, the cafeteria, and another classroom, specifically targeting women to shoot. Overall, he killed fourteen women and injured ten other women and four men in just under 20 minutes before turning the gun on himself. His suicide note claimed political motives and blamed feminists for ruining his life. The note included a list of 19 Quebec women whom he considered to be feminists and apparently wished to kill. It is the deadliest mass shooting in Canadian history. The anniversary of the massacre is now commemorated as the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women.

(Citing Wikipedia as my source, my English level is not good enough to formulate something that clear. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/École_Polytechnique_massacre)

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was in Montreal today for the commemorations and did an interview on the radio morning show. I think everyone was taken by surprise when he announced that one of his next projet for his government would be to restrict access to assault weapons in Canada. I for one hope he will hold to that promise. That is something I can get behind for sure.

Edited by Vivi_music
Removing the shooter's name
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 4

Please let NRA get in trouble, please let NRA get in trouble, please let NRA get in trouble... 

• Upvote 12

@AmazonGrace, Rufus heard your plea, only not quite in the way you asked for. Keep praying though, and it could still happen.

• Upvote 4

My heart is broken.  I universally adore all librarians.  It's a higher calling. 

Came here to leave this; it checks so many boxes and I feel the same way about David Hogg. 

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Woo-hoo, time for a happy dance! :happy-partydance:

Happy dance sure, but this seems shifty to me. Who put out the rule? Did Trump himself sign it? Inquiring minds must know because isn't going to sit well with his base.

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 4

On 7/13/2018 at 10:07 AM, smittykins said:

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/investigators-say-suspect-in-deadly-waterloo-shooting-has-extensive-criminal-history

This happened in the town next to mine(where I was born).  Although it hasn't been officially confirmed, the rumor is that target of the two prior incidents was the same woman who was killed. :my_sad:

Quoting myself to say that he has been convicted of all charges , and faces life without parole since he killed his ex-girlfriend, who was the target of the two previous incidents. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic