IGNORED

Duggar TV Crewmembers speak out about them

Briefly

There are a few things in this article, but the first part is about the crewmembers that filmed the Duggars and also several others who have escaped IBLP.  It specifically talks about how sheltered the Duggars are and how unworldly.  I feel so bad for the children being raised in that environment.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the things about the Duggar's are just re brought up old rumors which are told by anon's so really true or not who knows. the parts about the actual people telling there stories that was interesting to read. 

Yet another anonymous crew member revealed that they once witnessed Jim Bob Duggar punish one of his sons for presumably masturbating. 

"Jim Bob walked in; he caught him doing it. Jim Bob's screams made the crew run to where they were filming," the person said. "Immediately they asked him what was wrong. All Jim could reply was 'idle hands are the devil's playthings.'

"Apparently, the whole next day [the son] was supposed to do chores around the house. But Jim Bob had tied his hands together so that doing anything was nearly impossible," the crew member added.

What the actual fuck? I just vomited in my mouth.

I don't know wether this is a reliable source or anything, but sadly I can totally imagine that this is a situation that might happen at the Duggar household and it is so so sickening. 

These stories sounded familiar once I started reading them. The one about JB catching someone maybe masturbating is disgusting. I would hate my father for the rest of my life if that happened to me. 

Only 4/10 are crew members, the others are escaped IBLP women. Their stories are interesting, but id like to hear more juicy stuff from the crew. For e.g, was there a secret Jana love interest??

10 minutes ago, freethemall said:

For e.g, was there a secret Jana love interest??

Yeah, that Frank Sun guy? He was a TLC crew member that some suspected they had a crush on each other as he had a photo of her in her geisha make up on his tumblr page, but no photos of anyone else. 

Dude is pretty hot..

tumblr_mxrllgdLp71rdhhmko1_500.jpg

The thought of having so little privacy just fills me with terror. Everyone needs time    completely alone, even if it's just to think!

I don't believe this story. If Jim Bob would had caught a son doing that, he would had punished him secretly. Duggars are great hiding, not making loud scandals in front of the cameras. 

Jana loving a member of the crew, yes, absolutely possible. But it's now news, it has been stated before.

I buy that in the beginning the crew couldn't talk to the kids but later on the kids seemed to help film and interact with the crew quite a bit. I do wonder what seemingly harmless conversations would "upset" the kids though. I feel likevupset isn't the right word lol I think they mean it might make them curious.

The stories about the crew member transferred to another production because Michelle freaked out when she found out her was gay and the child having his hands tied after being caught masturbating have been round for years.

About employing conservative Christians on the production team though: "Mr Jim" the (not hot) sound guy in the picture above is indeed a conservative Christian and a long-time Figure Eight Films employee.  He originally worked on J&K+8 and it was rumored that he and other production staff members hated working on the Gosselin set.  They supposedly asked to be transferred to the Duggar production team because of the (pick one or all) dysfunction, abusiveness, or downright unChristian nature of the Gosselin family.  Especially Kate.

Who knows.  It is true that several of the original J&K+8 production staff ended up filming the Duggars though.

For all the time I've known about the Duggars, speculation and rumors have always been in hyper drive. A Duggar-camera crew crush? All because he took one picture? It's obviously not new, but the whole frank sun BS came about as he took that one picture, and some found him good looking and they had hoped there would be some kind of crush. Throw in a snowball effect and behold, people have to suspect or assume that there was something there. I Don't buy it for one second. It's BS like the myriad of other false rumors of Jana (i.e. Tebow, Hartono, Bates, her friend Laura, etc. etc.) and other family members.

Congrats Jim Bob on the exploitation of your daughters and children for Jesus! Well, at least your wallet is plenty full!

I actually don’t believe any of these stories. Jim Boob is too savvy of a businessman to not have the crew sign non-disclosures. I don’t think legally anyone from the crew could talk. 

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

The thought of having so little privacy just fills me with terror. Everyone needs time    completely alone, even if it's just to think!

That's what the prayer closet is for!! :pray:

Although I am an atheist now, I used to be Catholic, so the thought of masturbating in the prayer closet is making me feel the need to say a thousand Hail Marys.

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

What the actual fuck? I just vomited in my mouth.

I don't know wether this is a reliable source or anything, but sadly I can totally imagine that this is a situation that might happen at the Duggar household and it is so so sickening. 

I don't doubt it. My mom caught me masturbating when I was a teenager & after beating the shit out of me she tied my hands together and told me that was the only way I was going to stop. Well guess what? 25 years later I still do it lol

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder if the masturbating kid was Josh before he married Anna.

If the story is true, my speculation is that it happened to either him or Joseph. Most of the sisters have seemed particularly sensitive towards Joe, almost motherly (remember Jinger crying over him graduating from cult camp?), and while there are probably many reasons for that, I could see this being one of them.

The rumor about crew not being able to talk about certain things around kids though makes sense to me, and I wonder if it was because of the creation museum ep? That's the only ep I can think of where they asked quite a few non fam members questions and they wete overwhelmingly negative.

On 2018-03-24 at 12:42 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Yeah, that Frank Sun guy? He was a TLC crew member that some suspected they had a crush on each other as he had a photo of her in her geisha make up on his tumblr page, but no photos of anyone else. 

Dude is pretty hot..

tumblr_mxrllgdLp71rdhhmko1_500.jpg

He is really, really, really ridiculously good looking. 

Archived