IGNORED

Raquel goes New Agey

Terrie

On 8.4.2018 at 4:02 PM, Terrie said:

Let's play a game of how many of Raquel's 23 things for 20-somethings were lifted from other people.

I'd imagine most people in their twenties have already heard all that many times over  because it's like Cliches 101 but perhaps some could do with the reminders.

Truth will set you free. Take time for yourself.  Set goals. Live life fully. Stand up for yourself.  Give yourself grace-Every motivational poster and self help blog ever-

Sometimes you will never know the value of something,until it becomes a memory.” Dr Seuss

We didn't realize we were making memories, we just thought we were having fun. -Pinterest-

You have to practice if you want to be good  at it" -Every parent, teacher and coach ever.

Money is stressful, especially if you haven't got enough.  -Every broke person ever-

Try to be happy when others succeed. Because otherwise you look like a jealous dick, -Every decent person ever.

There is no such thing as a perfect body -Headline in every ladies magazine ever, sandwiched between the story about dieting and the pictures of slimming underwear.

Family will always be family, blood is thicker than water. -old ladies everywhere-

You don't have to  party every weekend, you should stay at home and study. -Your grandma-

Everyone's life looks more glamorous on Instagram and Facebook -Everyone on Twitter-

Do the right thing. -Spike E. Lee-

15 traditions you can start this year: -Buzzfeed, Parent.com, Sheknows.com etc etc.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

http://rbrault.blogspot.fi/p/who-wrote-enjoy-little-things.html

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay

-Jessie J, lyrics to Who you are.-

But God told Samuel, “Looks aren’t everything. -1. Samuel 16:7 (MSG version)

04faf1bb3b292712151182d1b5085dd83a59c9-w_every

-Every rom com in which  the hero/ine dates the nasty hottie at first but falls in love with the homely best friend for their personality, and because the homely best friend turns out to be hot when they buy new clothes and get a hair cut

"You can't respect something unless you see its value. " In other words, you can't esteem it unless you esteem it. Yeah that one checks out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2018 at 9:36 AM, clueliss said:

She posted a bit on an Instagram story over the weekend about getting back to her novel writing.

I so hope she starts back to writing her novels. They were so amusing to read! How many novels has she started and quit? 

breakfast

is easy to skip

some people eat toast

but you should be more creative

make an omelette with cheese

eat organic oatmeal

kiwis are often forgotten

@AmazonGrace, I would like to add some good quotes for Raquel to lift as well:

"Society teaches us that having feelings and crying is bad and wrong.  Well that's baloney, because grief isn't wrong.  There's such a thing as good grief.  Just ask Charlie Brown."

"I hate disappointing one person, and I REALLY hate disappointing everyone.  But I love Burlington Coat Factory."

"Sometimes you have to take a break from being the kind of boss that's trying to teach people things.  Sometimes, you just have to be the boss of dancing."

"Don't ever, for any reason, do anything for anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what. No matter where. Or who, or who you are with, or where you are going or... or where you've been... ever. For any reason, whatsoever."

"I am Beyonce.  Always."

2018-04-10_10-04-24.jpg.9006ac7d7ad83553dc8b60bcb3884056.jpg

Raquel wrote a blog post to encourage new writers. Raquel doesn't mention that she gave up on every novel she has ever attempted to write. 

While grammar and vocabulary are necessary to understand the written word, don't follow any sort of instructions on how you should write.  

Those things do matter! This is Raquel's problem and probably why she stopped bragging about her writing class, she refuses to accept any instruction on how to be a better writer. 

So if something you're writing is causing someone to react cynically, then you're probably doing something right.

Or it just means you wrote something crappy. 

Individuals who haven't found their creative flair are they who attempt to sabotage your work and discourage you to a degree where you won't be more successful than them.  Ignore these types of people.  If they have nothing better to do than to beat down humans who are actually trying to hone their gifts, then they aren't worth even noticing.  But if you do notice them, let their distaste fuel your passion.

:roll:

If anything you write causes someone to feel something - in one way or another - then you have done well.  

Raquel has said this over and over. She feels that as long as people react to her writing she has done a great job. It doesn't matter that the reaction she gets is "this is bad, take some writing classes", she feels any reaction is a sign she is an amazing writer. 

If we shouldn't "follow any sort of instructions on how you should write," why is she providing instructions? 

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So if something you're writing is causing someone to react cynically, then you're probably doing something right.

React cynically? I don't really think that's what you were going for, Raquel, unless your writing makes people bitter and jaded.  :pb_rollseyes:

Also, poot! A new Raquel thread and my menuscript is even more undone that before because I had to rip its guts out. Oh well, I blame my new job. I've hardly had time to think these last few months. :tw_expressionless:

Sticks and stones may break my bones 

But no feedback can reach me

If you hate my precious pomes 

I win because you feel it

Nothing I wrote can ever suck

Because you're just a jealous, um, duck

18 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

React cynically? I don't really think that's what you were going for, Raquel, unless your writing makes people bitter and jaded.  :pb_rollseyes:

Also, poot! A new Raquel thread and my menuscript is even more undone that before because I had to rip its guts out. Oh well, I blame my new job. I've hardly had time to think these last few months. :tw_expressionless:

And your editor* is REALLY lazy.

*That would be me. :-P

here's a Raquel-esque haiku:

Butterfly tattoo

rests quietly on my wrist.

oh wait, it's a moth.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice.  Very nice.  So I’ve noticed in her Instagram (and Instagram stories) that she is reading Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic.  I’ve read that book.  I’ve listened to 2 seasons of podcasts from the author of said book.  Then Raquel does this blog entry that hits my email.  You all know where I’m going, right?  Yup her tips come straight from Elizabeth Gilbert and as usual Do Not Mention The Author.  

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2018/04/5-tips-on-becoming-creative-artist.html

Rauqel we we call this stealing.  Look up plagiarism.  

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Rauqel we we call this stealing.  Look up plagiarism.  

Raquel doesn't say that her tips are lifted from Ms. Gilbert, but at the end of the post she has this:

Recommended reading: "Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert

I don't know if it's always been there, or if it's been recently added.

My bad.  But suddenly she goes back to blogging and spending all day in not Dutch Brothers coffee shops writing?  

Raquel left out that it isn't creative to steal from others and call it your own. Originality has never been Raquel's strength.

The only reason that latest post would have taken 3.5 hours to write (as per her insta story) is if she literally went around copy and pasted every piece of clickbait possible related to creativity. 

Unless she is actually THAT stupid. 

For real, it's like a bot wrote it. A couple of her numbered reasons weren't even in the same tense as the others. It's like a 3rd grader was trying to imitate Buzzfeed. 

5 hours ago, dripcurl said:

For real, it's like a bot wrote it.

Yeah, even generic advice articles along the lines of "becoming an author/artist" can benefit from the writer making the content "personal" with their individual voice and experiences.

love something

do something

read something

watch something

listen to something

take notes about everything

it's not imitation

it's inspiration

everyone is creative

even when they're not

Raquel has a new blog post up.

As a teenager, I graduated two years before my peers, 

Did she really? At 16 she was still going on about how she was going to be married by 18 and have a child at 19. She might have graduated early, but from her posts about homeschooling it was pretty clear her mother wasn't actually pushing academics a great deal.

I got used to seeing the shocked faces of people when I told them that I had been homeschooled - because apparently I "didn't act like a homeschooler".  (This must've come from their unfortunate encounter with socially awkward Bill Gothard cult followers.  Poor things.)

I'm not sure what Raquel was going for here, but from her it just sounds super condescending. And Raquel was acting pretty fundie during her teen years. She was all about courtship and hating the gays.

What I'm getting at here is - like I said, I don't fit stereotypes.  Never have.  And this, dear readers, is why I'm publicly announcing that I am choosing not to be a Christian prototype anymore.

Raquel's one trait that has never changed is that no matter what she is currently into, she always claims to be a special snowflake. 

Yes," I replied.  "Why do you ask?"
"You act like one," he said.  "But you don't talk like one."
When I asked him to elaborate on what drew him to this conclusion, he said that my tattoos and piercings threw him off, and the fact that I had spiritual reasons behind each of them.  My "casual yet edgy" fashion statement was also similar to how I expressed myself with words.  "But the way you mention Jesus or church - it's like those are natural parts of your life.  You're not forcing yourself to look spiritual."

This didn't happen. 

I've had non-believing friends tell me that I am approachable about my faith because I don't try to force it down anyone's throat.  I guess I'm unlike many Christians because I don't have a goal of how many people I must lead to Christ every year.

Oh yes, this is just a humble-brag post about how much better a Christian Raquel is than all you other folks who are "casual edgy" for Jesus. 

The fact is, I'm not that great.
Yes, I lead worship at my church.  Yes, I love to lead prayers.  Yes, I have a very intimate spiritual relationship with my Jesus.  I know I am called to be like Him, but ultimately, you shouldn't be looking at how I'm living

She isn't great, but she just wants to share all the great things she does. 

if you took away the complexity of it all, you'd be left with a twenty-something year old woman who struggles day to day to silence the enemy's lies, who is always fighting private battles, who has a battered and bruised heart, a powerful story of redemption, sixteen tattoos, seven piercings, who practices meditation, douses herself in essential oils, uses crystals and nature as a way to recharge, who cusses sometimes, who has some songs labeled "explicit" in her iTunes, who strives every day to touch just one person with words of life and love and hope, who tries to become a better human, in any and every day attempting to mimic the life and walk of a Man who lived on this earth 2,000 years ago but Who is eternal and reaches through time just to touch my soul and remind me that I am wholly, fully, and completely loved.

Who is that annoying pastor who talks about how she is edgy for God? Raquel would give her a run for her money.

What kind of pretentiousness numbnut describes their own style as "casual yet edgy"?

@formergothardite I just want to say that one of my favourite things about FJ is reading your take on Raquel and Lady Lydia and the Bates.

Raquel is such a fatuous dimwit and has never developed any critical thinking skills.  I flip flop on who is more irritating, Raquel or Lawson Bates.  Both are seemingly convinced they are the centre of the universe so the competition between them would be something to see.

I would actually love it if they  got together ,if only to read what you and other posters would say.

if you took away the complexity of it all

and added 141 more words

you would have a sentence

Raquel has a FB page where she shares some of her poetry. I do believe the word she is looking for is exception. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

You know she is writing all of these about herself. 

Spoiler

I remember seeing that second one.  I may have co e close to spitting something at my screen 

Archived