IGNORED

Joy and Austin (and Gideon) 22: When Nothing Much Happens

Jellybean

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to get too graphic, but Jill's 18 month wait and Joy's potential similar wait really makes me think about birth control. Complete speculation, but a big part of me suspects that 100% abstinence may have been the case for Derrick and Jill post-Izzy, and that it may have been hard on their relationship. It's absolutely their business, but I still wish they would talk about any changing (or not changing) views on NFP or other forms of birth control.

It's just interesting to me, brand-wise, that their parents would be so forthcoming about birth control but the second generation seems to be increasingly silent about it. Again, they shouldn't be obligated to discuss this, but I really want to know what's going on and if any changes are taking place.

13 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Not to get too graphic, but Jill's 18 month wait and Joy's potential similar wait really makes me think about birth control. Complete speculation, but a big part of me suspects that 100% abstinence may have been the case for Derrick and Jill post-Izzy, and that it may have been hard on their relationship. It's absolutely their business, but I still wish they would talk about any changing (or not changing) views on NFP or other forms of birth control.

Agreed, I firmly believe Jill and Derick chose not to conceive while they were staying in central America. Jill got pregnant very soon after they got back, my guess is they got tested for Zika, got the green light and then went straight for it.

I have to say Joy looks great in that picture. Idk how the hell she has managed to look that put together and even had the time/ energy to put makeup on. My baby is 4 weeks tomorrow and I haven't showered in 3 days, I got maybe a cumulative 4 hours sleep last night in half hour increments, and leaving the house just to go grocery shopping exhausts me. I hope she really is doing as well as she looks and isn't out just trying to keep up appearances. 

19 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I have to say Joy looks great in that picture. Idk how the hell she has managed to look that put together and even had the time/ energy to put makeup on. 

Just a guess- an auntie Mom, or we're all accounted for in Colorado? Even  if all were pictured in Colorado, we know how the Duggars like to fudge timelines.

My hope would be that Austin parents more like Ben, who I perceive to be a little more involved, than Josh or Derick. I could be wrong, these are just my public perceptions.

32 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I have to say Joy looks great in that picture. Idk how the hell she has managed to look that put together and even had the time/ energy to put makeup on. My baby is 4 weeks tomorrow and I haven't showered in 3 days, I got maybe a cumulative 4 hours sleep last night in half hour increments, and leaving the house just to go grocery shopping exhausts me. I hope she really is doing as well as she looks and isn't out just trying to keep up appearances. 

My baby is 19 (years).... I'm still tired, and still don't have the energy for anything more elaborate than a ponytail!!

All of the VBAC talk has made me really wonder WTF my OB was thinking.  My 2nd baby was an emergency c-section.  I was breastfeeding/pumping.  I got pregnant 10 weeks after she was born.   

The whole pregnancy, I was terrified of the incision busting open, and my insides falling out.  At 37 weeks, I developed pre-eclampsia.... and was induced with pitocin.  (I'd been dilated 2 cm for a couple of weeks.)  

Yep.  Doc induced a VBAC, less than a year after my c-section.  Obviously, I survived (AFAIK, anyway), but, man!  Of course, it was back in the late 90s.)

I would guess either Austin or Austin's mom are helping Joy out right now, they could be hanging at the Camp, and Papa Forsythe seemed pretty bemused with little Jr Forsythe, he maybe helping as well. She lucky to have her family and her inlaws so close to have all kinds of help.

I have to say I never understood the "not being able to shower" thing with newborns. that is the easiest time, they don't go anywhere, its when the little devils become mobile that shower becomes an issue, at least that is how it was with me.  I would put them in the bouncy seat on the bathroom floor with me, they may have whimpered a bit but I would stick my head out and talk to them they were fine, it may not have been a  quality shower but I got one at least every other day.

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have to say I never understood the "not being able to shower" thing with newborns. that is the easiest time, they don't go anywhere, its when the little devils become mobile that shower becomes an issue, at least that is how it was with me.  I would put them in the bouncy seat on the bathroom floor with me

My bff told me her newborn loved it when she took showers. If he was fussy she would put him in the little seat thing in the bathroom and take a shower and the white noise would make him calm right down. 

the baby is cute but I find it interesting that the picture was put up on the Duggar family page. not Joy and Austin's insta's I figured they were just taking a social media break but then today they posted on their offical insta about the show tonight. 

Meh. I was a young mom (not THAT young - I was 23). I was "together" and "with it" within a couple of weeks. I also had a baby who was an awesome sleeper, so there's that. I was dressed/hair done/makeup on, and out-and-about regularly from the time GryffindorDisappointment was 2-3 weeks old. :) 

Edit:  I also had major abdominal surgery (ectopic pregnancy removal - cut just like a c-section because I was basically bleeding to death internally and they couldn't use the scope)  and was back at-it full-bore within a couple of weeks, and I had a toddler then. 

We have white noise going at our house constantly. Only so much you can do when baby is going through a growth spurt and doesn't want to be put down anywhere. He's either at the breast or crying the kind of cry that you can't ignore. I wish I was exaggerating when I said we were only sleeping in half hour increments. I was so exhausted this morning my husband stayed home from work to help. I chose sleep over showering while he attempted to keep baby calm. Thankfully we managed an hour+ long nap this afternoon so I'm clean now...still wishing I had slept instead though :my_rolleyes:

4 hours ago, OutoftheShadows said:

If Joy chooses to try that then she's either woefully uninformed or extraordinarily arrogant. 

Bit of column A, bit of column B.

I wonder if Joy (or any fundie woman) googles / researches birth on the internet. Or do they think people like Michelle know all?

I have Telus TV. Tonight after Counting On it's said Gideon's birth will be shown, Joy Gives Birth it's called. I assume it's the same stuff I wasn't able to see on the TLC site.

14 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I have Telus TV. Tonight after Counting On it's said Gideon's birth will be shown, Joy Gives Birth it's called. I assume it's the same stuff I wasn't able to see on the TLC site.

yes according to the TLC schedule it's only 25 mins so I would say yes.  

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

We have white noise going at our house constantly. Only so much you can do when baby is going through a growth spurt and doesn't want to be put down anywhere. He's either at the breast or crying the kind of cry that you can't ignore. I wish I was exaggerating when I said we were only sleeping in half hour increments. I was so exhausted this morning my husband stayed home from work to help. I chose sleep over showering while he attempted to keep baby calm. Thankfully we managed an hour+ long nap this afternoon so I'm clean now...still wishing I had slept instead though :my_rolleyes:

Hang in there! Owlet2 is starting the same growth spurt so I totally understand. Husband came home and took her for a walk to get big sister so I could shower and have 30 minutes to myself today. It’s been a rough few days. 

On 3/17/2018 at 9:48 AM, Alice in Fundieland said:

the pages of the cookbook stick together

DAMNIT CHANDLER.

15 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I don't like this family, but I'd never wish any ill will on the kids or their babies. Its not like they have a choice. The girls are taught to breed. It's sad they were never allowed to be who they wanted to be. I could totally see Joy at college on a sports scholarship.

I don't wish any of them anything but healthy births (or maybe the brains to decide to limit their family size to something manageable). BUT I wonder if one dies in childbirth if the others would ever change their behaviors? Would they make smarter decisions about medical care? Would they limit family size after seeing a 20something sister DIE trying to give birth?

5 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I don’t think it’ll surpress that long, unfortunately.  Once he starts eating solids, he’ll be drinking less breast milk and she’ll start ovulating again.  

It really depends on the person, and it changes pregnancy to pregnancy.

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

Hang in there! It is 100% fine to choose sleep over eating or showering when you need to. I did it often!!!

Possible TMI alert: I exclusively bf all three shadows for at least the first six months and my Aunt Flo showed up on exactly Day 28 post-birth all three times. So yeah, no breastfeeding as contraception for me. Good thing I’m not a fundie, I could have been popping one out every year!! :brainbleach:

2 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I wasn't able to breast feed so I was able to hand baby off to someone for a few hours here and there to either nap or get away or shower when they were fussy like that. So that makes a HUGE difference. 

FB_IMG_1521427254382.thumb.jpg.608d33d9766578c7549cd2a3675307e7.jpg
Gideon's face summing up how many here feel
Austin finally has a real smile. Poor Gideon has a permanent look of horror on his little face.

3 hours ago, twinmama said:

DAMNIT CHANDLER.

I don't wish any of them anything but healthy births (or maybe the brains to decide to limit their family size to something manageable). BUT I wonder if one dies in childbirth if the others would ever change their behaviors? Would they make smarter decisions about medical care? Would they limit family size after seeing a 20something sister DIE trying to give birth?

I would never wish death on baby or mama. With that being said, I don't think the death of a sister or sister-in-law would deter them. I'm sure they would be proud that the sister gave up her life foe Jebus and the baby. I'm sure they would hero worship her.

I watched the short episode where Joy gave birth. Once again it struck me how young she is. Many mixed emotions watching it. Glad Gideon was born healthy. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived