IGNORED

Joy and Austin (and Gideon) 22: When Nothing Much Happens

Jellybean

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Joy said thank you for the hat, but I don't see the hat!!!!

What hat BEC moment...

5 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I know Joy said thank you for the hat, but I don't see the hat!!!!

What hat BEC moment...

It's the 2nd picture.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

It's the 2nd picture.

Oh! I am so silly!!!

Thank you  for letting me know. :)

I was adament there was no hat!

He is a happy little guy, that makes me happy. I'm also happy to see no swaddled arms.  And yeah that baby is all Forsyth. 

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think Gideon is officially the Duggar grandchild that looks the least like the Duggars (for now). That is Austin reincarnated.

Marcus and Mason look pretty Keller.

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Marcus and Mason look pretty Keller.

I can't quite tell who Meredith looks like but she is a big ball of adorable chunk with blonde curls you just want to squish her and listen to her giggle, her & Jessa's boys. Which makes me even sadder for Israel and Samuel, seeing Gideon so smiley and happy when you rarely see that from those two makes me want to slap Derelict & Jill. 

My BEC is "You make your Dad & I smile SO much!" because in my head I just hear "You make I smile"

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

My BEC is "You make your Dad & I smile SO much!" because in my head I just hear "You make I smile"

I KNOW! (read in Monica Geller voice)

I realize that lots of people make this same mistake, but I always just think "SOTDRT strikes again" when fundies do. I can't help myself!

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Common mistake. I think it comes from being corrected every time we used me as a subject. Me and David...for example. I've made it myself *hangs head in shame*.

23 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Common mistake. I think it comes from being corrected every time we used me as a subject. Me and David...for example. I've made it myself *hangs head in shame*.

It seems that in the attempt to stop saying “me and him,” many people have over corrected and now say “he and I” for everything... huge pet peeve of mine. 

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I can't quite tell who Meredith looks like but she is a big ball of adorable chunk with blonde curls you just want to squish her and listen to her giggle, her & Jessa's boys. Which makes me even sadder for Israel and Samuel, seeing Gideon so smiley and happy when you rarely see that from those two makes me want to slap Derelict & Jill. 

Some kids are naturally less smiley in photos. My dad and younger brother have both been consistently like that since they were extremely young, yet they’re both pretty happy guys in real life. Izzy seems like a pretty happy little guy in a lot of the videos they share, so maybe it’s just a case of photos not being his thing.

That, and their parents likely just suck so bad at taking decent photos of them. :pb_lol:

16 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

He is a happy little guy, that makes me happy. I'm also happy to see no swaddled arms.  And yeah that baby is all Forsyth. 

There would be nothing wrong with swaddling him at this age. My son is 3 days older than Gideon and we swaddle for all naps and bedtime. It can be helpful to calm a fussy baby. I know we're all traumatized by Jill's idea of swaddling but it's a useful tool for young babies. 

13 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

What is SOTDRT for the win, Alex.

This is such an easy fix too. Get rid of the "your dad" and fill in the balance. How hard is that? Seriously, no native English speaker thinks it's advanced Calculus.

18 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

There would be nothing wrong with swaddling him at this age. My son is 3 days older than Gideon and we swaddle for all naps and bedtime. It can be helpful to calm a fussy baby. I know we're all traumatized by Jill's idea of swaddling but it's a useful tool for young babies. 

And older ones who fought sleep till they the bitter end, I had to swaddle my daughter** until she was well past the what would be considered normal to get her to sleep, but we've seen Jill swaddle Samuel's arms while she's carrying him around what looks like a dinner party. I wouldn't have said that if he was swaddled asleep in his bed. 

**I've mentioned before that I swaddled her and held her while she screamed herself to sleep then unswaddled her to after she was asleep and put her down in the crib. 

19 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think Gideon is officially the Duggar grandchild that looks the least like the Duggars (for now). That is Austin reincarnated.

Just speaking personally on a bad day . . . a bad week . . . I can remember when my two teen-aged boys loved me as much as Baby Gideon loves his mama in that video!   Those years were so tiring physically, but man oh man, so much easier in some ways.

Sigh . . . this too shall pass. :|

3 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Just speaking personally on a bad day . . . a bad week . . . I can remember when my two teen-aged boys loved me as much as Baby Gideon loves his mama in that video!   Those years were so tiring physically, but man oh man, so much easier in some ways.

Oh yes, this too shall pass, I'm on the down side of the teenage years, my youngest is 18 and oh yes does it ever get better. 

I have noticed Austin seems very good with his horses.  Animal kindness wins big points with me.

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm almost 60 and my youngest is 27, and I'd take a quintuplet pregnancy, birth and babyhood over another teenager, any day.

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This is such an easy fix too. Get rid of the "your dad" and fill in the balance. How hard is that? Seriously, no native English speaker thinks it's advanced Calculus.

The overuse of "I" drives me nuts!  Unfortunately, I have even heard teachers do this!  I used to coach and would constantly give this tip whenever someone made that mistake.  I hope it sank in to at least a couple of the girls :)

If it's any consolation to all you moms of teen boys, it DOES get better...my boys are 27 and 30 and they're unabashed "mama's boys". #1 son will pop up on my facebook with the most inane things and important things. He's started an online business and he spent DAYS sending me pictures for the website he was building...it turned out that every single one I said I didn't like he didn't include. Remember, this is the one who's a combat veteran and is currently chief of security for some Bitcoin company. #2 son still has to talk to his mama almost every damn day. I know more about those boys than I EVER wanted to know...everything from their sex lives to what they ate for dinner last night. 

My daughter is not that way...she's very independent and knows her mind...she MIGHT ask my advice about the kids or whatever but she's not like the boys at all. 

29 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If it's any consolation to all you moms of teen boys, it DOES get better...my boys are 27 and 30 and they're unabashed "mama's boys". #1 son will pop up on my facebook with the most inane things and important things. He's started an online business and he spent DAYS sending me pictures for the website he was building...it turned out that every single one I said I didn't like he didn't include. Remember, this is the one who's a combat veteran and is currently chief of security for some Bitcoin company. #2 son still has to talk to his mama almost every damn day. I know more about those boys than I EVER wanted to know...everything from their sex lives to what they ate for dinner last night. 

My daughter is not that way...she's very independent and knows her mind...she MIGHT ask my advice about the kids or whatever but she's not like the boys at all. 

This is exactly how my adult son vs my adult daughter are as well.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:40 AM, Oh_Dear! said:

It seems that in the attempt to stop saying “me and him,” many people have over corrected and now say “he and I” for everything... huge pet peeve of mine. 

Ugh, I make the "and I" mistake all the time.  I know its wrong, but "your Dad and I" sounds so much better than "your Dad and me".   I'll try to correct myself, but I think I've done it for too long.   I wonder how many people I've peeved?  Oh well...     And I did excel in advanced Calculus  but can never seem to get a grip on language.

As for Austin, I don't get an abusive vibe.  I do however get a vibe that he takes his role as headship very seriously and has no problem correcting Joy.  In some of the talking heads he'll ask her to rephrase something or say something in a nicer way.  He also teased/scolded (fine line) her for using the word "epic" too much.  She gave it right back to him though and said she was still going to use it. 

The talking heads with Benessa and Joystin during the Joken wedding episode were sad to me.  Ben and Jessa talked about learning about how flawed the other person was, and that marriage was very hard work.  Joy and Austin talked about missing the little things that were exciting about the other person while they were still just engaged.  Even though I found it sad (melancholy).  I like that they said those things and seemed to open up a little and get real.  The show would be so interesting if they showed more of the "real" and less of the "happy countenance".....

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I have three sons ( 27, 26 25 ) ..... each one calls me at least twice a day, we have our own WhatsApp group  :)   sometimes their girlfriends do the big eyeroll, because of how close we are ...I just love us :) 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived