IGNORED

Joy and Austin (and Gideon) 22: When Nothing Much Happens

Jellybean

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@amandaaries it's really something! I had this one huge guy, mid 50s, prison tatts come up to me one day like "WTF dude, you gave KEVIN a glittery sticker? You only gave me a shiny one? Why don't I get the glitter ones?" I told him it was because Kevin sent me his stuff with lots of really good photos. And guess what he sent me with his report the next time I asked?!

@StraightOuttaArkansas definitely do that, they will love it! Save the glitter ones for exceptional work though!

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Imagine how hard they would have worked for smelly stickers, the ultimate prize of my elementary school years! We used to carefully peel them off our papers and collect them on a folder or notebook.

The glitter ones were pretty wildly sought after, who can imagine the fights that scratch n sniff or even fuzzy ones would have caused. 

Same office, I once bribed all the staff attending a fancy but exceedingly boring conference to stay for the afternoon session with full sized Magnums (the ice cream bars, not condoms). 

Clearly I am an exceptional motivator! :pb_lol:

I had a friend first year who literally didn't know how to spell the name of the university we were at. She'd been at the uni for several months by this point and I had to point out to her that she'd spelt it wrong on her CV. It wasn't even that hard of a name. And yet she argued with me saying surely she had it correct. So I pulled up the website of the uni and showed her. I was shocked that she'd got that far without figuring out she had it spelt wrong. Of course this is the same friend who didn't know who was prime minister or what party was in power :my_rolleyes:

As we were approaching exam time in my second year of physics undergrad, a man on my course asked if I could help him because he couldn’t find the past exam papers for our thermal physics course. It turned out he was looking for them under ‘f’ for ‘fermal’

8 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Not joking, my husband is a post-doc and had to teach a lecture this year, I seriously just asked if he can ask to teach next year so I can put stickers on the students work they turn in! I have those exact ones from playing school with my son!  (Physics Masters Students, I bet they could use some cheer)

I’m 36 and in a serious job and would kill for stickers on my work. 

One group I was in had started adding clip art to meeting notes. Then we got a boss who had no room for fun. 

I give my undergrads stickers for getting an As on lab reports.  It makes them happy and it breaks up the monotony of grading for me!

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic

Pack up your stickers and head over to the shiny new thread here:

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived