IGNORED

Holy Liberace Batman

Anyone up in Detroit looking for a new pad?

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/450-W-Grixdale_Highland-Park_MI_48203_M37779-89409 

All I can say is Holy Liberace, Batman! 

OMG. We were talking about this in a Twitter thread last night.

The furnishings, cars, decorations, EVERYTHING conveys with the property. I'm not sure if it's an "art house" or just someone who has more money than taste.

ok, i'll admit it.  i love me some good retro, so there are many parts to that house that i genuinely like even though the whole is far too overwhelming for me.  but the stuff, the stuff!!!11!!1!!!  i just keep picturing my clumsy labrador running around knocking things over, and the black cat taking up residence in that white living room.  and the statues alongside the beds (at least i think those are beds), how do you not bump into them in the dark?  

@keen23, the only thing i can guess is that maybe it was owned by the same now-elderly couple from the time it was built, and they just plain liked it and always had enough money to indulge themselves.  the decor trends seem to be stuck in the late 60s or early 70s, which would make sense that they developed their taste in their early to mid adulthood and then stuck with it.  and just kept collecting.  

• 1 month later...

Oh my Rufus.

It's even got Weeping Angels.  Don't blink!

Archived