Illmarryyoujana
1 hour ago, justpassingby said:

Cousin Amy had zero effect on the Duggar kids even though she was around them constantly growing up. I am not too optimistic that Ben's siblings will have an impact on his kids but only time will tell.

Amy was just worldly though. She wore pants and kissed boys. She wasn’t going off to college or starting a career. In honesty Amy was kinda just something to point at and say “see, this is why we don’t want y’all doing those things”  She wasn’t exactly a role model. Plus they didn’t really let her spend all that much time with the kids in reality. 

Edited by Illmarryyoujana
Typo
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivycoveredtower

• singsingsing

• Carm_88

• SapphireSlytherin

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just in a mood to tackle this right now, although normally I would let it pass as trolling or wait for someone else to react. Here's the thing, @Hisey there are ways of saying things . . . an

I can assure you that my mom is an incredibly strong, amazing lady. Stating that my mom does not sound like a good person is hurtful, judgmental and counterproductive. You might disagree with her choi

@Jessesgirl, thank you for telling your story and hanging in there for more reasoned responses.  I am glad you are in contact with and sympathetic to your half brother.  I'm sure he values that relati

Posted Images

Bad Wolf

Jenni said she wants to be a vet. She doesn't realize that her chances are slim due to her poor education. I'm sure she will be brainwashed into wanting to be a wife and mother. I remember her happy smile with her guinea pig.

• Upvote 4
StraightOuttaArkansas

In case anyone is interested: In the first photo (on the previous page) where Jessica is standing with the other new recruits, the door behind her says Benton. That is a city one county over from NLR where she was working (like a 20 minute drive max). I checked wiki to "confirm" and it says Benton is 92% white (in 2000) which is consistent with what I know of that area and I am pretty sure it has not changed. I know several of my classmates from high school moved out there to raise families so I would assume it is in general still a low crime area (I could be wrong). That last sentence sounds like I am trying to say minorities cause crime. I am NOT trying to say that at all. So I guess we can worry less about how her terrible beliefs will affect her job. At least for now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recent Status Updates

• HarryPotterFan

HarryPotterFan

Happy Shavuot to all those who celebrate! I have no idea why, but for some reason God commands us to eat ice cream. Well, dairy. So eat cheese! Eat pizza! Eat ice cream! Eat cheesecake! It has no calories because God commands us to do so!
      · 5 replies
    • Jinder Roles

Jinder Roles

I know it’s just a beauty contest but this is the 4th time Jamaica was snubbed in favour of 5 contestants who were clones (with the exception of Peru) 
      Still can’t believe Mexico won. Even Olivia Culpo was looking at the results confused😂
      Shoutout to Haiti, Canada, Thailand and Myanmar who were also snubbed. 
      · 0 replies
    • Mela99

Mela99

I really love gobs.
      · 1 reply
    • EmCatlyn

EmCatlyn

Tired and confused,
      · 0 replies
    • Jinder Roles

Jinder Roles

I've somehow invested in this year's Miss Universe pageant. After watching the prelims my favorites are: 
      1. Jamaica (naturally lol but she's doing well)
      2. Haiti (love her energy) 
      3. Great Britain 
      4. Bahamas 
      5. Canada (a beauty! absolutely stunning!)
      6. Japan (adorable) 
      7. Cameroon (also adorable w/ an amazing costume) 
      8. Myanmar (seems sweet)
      9. Vietnam 
      10. Thailand 
      11. USA (I'm rooting for everybody black lol) 
      Not a fan of these but I think they'll place: South Africa, Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Peru, Australia, Denmark, Ireland, Dom Rep. 
      If they make Zozi (the current Ms. Universe) give the crown to a white girl from Pretoria, I will scream. 
      · 1 reply
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?  »  church_of_dog

I just made a lovely discovery! Type a colon, then a ) without any spaces. Then type a space. 

I am ridiculously happy to discover this! (I also have a nagging feeling that I should have figured this out sooner...)
      · 11 replies
    • louisa05

louisa05

I’ve got a pack of rude sixth graders this morning. Ugh. 
      · 6 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

Aren't I too old to forget to eat lunch?  
      So now....do eat a late salad and be cranky before bed because I want dinner and it's too late to eat or....do I tough out the afternoon cranky at my desk and eat dinner?  
      The dilemma is real.  
      · 3 replies
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

2nd Pfizer tomorrow!
      · 10 replies
    • Workingmom

Workingmom

So excited, happy. Finally I got my vaccination appointment. The first on the 26th of May , the second on my birthday.  Staying at home is no option, because I work in healthcare, with very close patientcontact. (I make mammograms). Hopefully I can relax a bit more after my vaccination and let the anxiety go.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.