Jellybean

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Don't cops wear pants? Not only pants, but a utility belt! Eye traps. Nike!

As others have said, the Seewalds already wear pants. And she's actually wearing jeans in that series of FB pictures. I snagged a blown up version of the one where her pants are visible and not hiding behind the basket or out of frame.

5ad7cd54c8edf_JessicaSeewaldNLRPD.PNG.c6209cd67eab6602db939e4004acff0d.PNG

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessica definitely doesn't do the skirts only or even just the modesty thing:

However, as always when this topic comes up, here is your reminder that she still has the same hateful religious/political beliefs as her family of origin. Lipstick on a pig:

Rufus help the people she's supposed to protect and serve...

On 4/13/2018 at 4:58 AM, SweetJuly said:

Far from agreeing or thinking that ultrasounds are damaging, I do wonder - whenever I had check-ups with an ultrasound in my pregnancy so far, my daughter seemed to dislike the procedure. She'd turn away, wriggle, seemingly not happy with the entire experience. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or know what the explanation for this might be?

My son didn't like the dopplers or heart rate monitors. it got to where my doc would just pull in the portable ultrasound machine during my appointments to find his heartbeat, instead of chasing him around with a doppler.

I was in a car accident when I was 32 weeks pregnant, and had to stay overnight in the hospital for monitoring. He wouldn't stay still for the strap heart beat monitor,  my poor nurse had to come up every hour and find him... you would hear it for a second, then a thunk and swish, like he was kicking it and moving away from it... My sister, who stayed the night with me, found it hilarious.

When I was in triage, one of my aunts was in the room with me, while they were trying to find his heartbeat (the accident was on the way home from my baby shower, so most of my extended family was in town, lol), and they couldn't ... I wasn't worried, because he'd been like that the entire pregnancy (and I'm not a small woman), and I could feel him moving (probably away from the doppler, or whatever they were using), and she went out and told all of my family in the waiting room that they couldn't find a heartbeat. And then when they understandably freaked out, she wouldn't say anymore

1 minute ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

He wouldn't stay still for the strap heart beat monitor,  my poor nurse had to come up every hour and find him... you would hear it for a second, then a thunk and swish, like he was kicking it and moving away from it... My sister, who stayed the night with me, found it hilarious.

Oh my gosh...my youngest was like that...I'd go to the OB for a check up and she'd chase him all around my uterus. She finally pretty much gave up and would just put her hand on my belly to feel him moving. When I was in labor, the heartbeat alarms kept going off because he'd move away from the sensor. My doctor finally just gave up and took it all off so people would stop running in my room. He was so active the doctor almost dropped him at birth, he wouldn't stop wiggling and he was kinda slippery. She finally just grabbed his little ankles and held on for dear life. It took three nurses to put a diaper and t-shirt on this 7lb 4oz 36 weeker. 

14 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Lol, I think they believe you have DEAD Jesus, while they think they have the ALIVE resurrected Jesus. Because some old guy said so, or something. IDK. They don't either.

Well if all of you had properly read your Chick Tracts (thanks and also you suck to whoever it was that provided the link to those a week or so ago, I am equally amazed and horrified), you would know that we Catholics keep killing Jesus over and over and over and over every Sunday (guess the other masses don't count?) when we have the Eucharist. We just can't seem to accept the guy hanging on the cross literally all over our churches died already...I feel dirty I need to go to Confession now.

10 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

she went out and told all of my family in the waiting room that they couldn't find a heartbeat. And then when they understandably freaked out, she wouldn't say anymore

Some people thrive on drama.

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm Catholic as well and no, we don't have the proper Jesus. :P

According to John Prine...

Ok so initially, like 2 months ago, I wasn't on the preggo-Jessa-announcement train bc I felt we wouldn't see Seewald3 until Oct/Nov this year anyways.

Then she posted pictures of herself looking slim and non-bump-ish as ever and I was glad.

But now like in that TLC video of her talking with Jinger about pregnancy and saying "comparing things"/"what we are experiencing with pregnancy"/etc makes me wonder if she's being gramatically-vague or if she's actually 2-3mo pregnant *now* like I initially thought she'd be......lol 

Even the Ellie&Lily fan blog says the Duggs will hit "40....or more?" in their clan of kids/in-laws/grands in 2018. there is *always* room for speculation in Schrodinger's uterus xD 

4 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Ok so initially, like 2 months ago, I wasn't on the preggo-Jessa-announcement train bc I felt we wouldn't see Seewald3 until Oct/Nov this year anyways.

Then she posted pictures of herself looking slim and non-bump-ish as ever and I was glad.

But now like in that TLC video of her talking with Jinger about pregnancy and saying "comparing things"/"what we are experiencing with pregnancy"/etc makes me wonder if she's being gramatically-vague or if she's actually 2-3mo pregnant *now* like I initially thought she'd be......lol 

Even the Ellie&Lily fan blog says the Duggs will hit "40....or more?" in their clan of kids/in-laws/grands in 2018. there is *always* room for speculation in Schrodinger's uterus xD 

I'm on the not pregnant side.  I actually don't think we will see an announcement from Jesse until 2019.  I think she isn't wanting a tun more right now, I think Ben agrees.  I think they will NFP (thats not a verb, but anyway ...).  Maybe I'm being optimistic, but thats my guess.

38 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I'm on the not pregnant side.  I actually don't think we will see an announcement from Jesse until 2019.  I think she isn't wanting a tun more right now, I think Ben agrees.  I think they will NFP (thats not a verb, but anyway ...).  Maybe I'm being optimistic, but thats my guess.

I think we'll definitely get an *announcement* this year, even if baby doesn't arrive 'til 2019, lol

I wonder if they're still trying to adopt.  And for adoption, the mom can't be pregnant or have recently had a baby. 

4 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I wonder if they're still trying to adopt.  And for adoption, the mom can't be pregnant or have recently had a baby. 

yes I believe they can't have a baby under 9 months old. but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to adopt with the house they have now. 

18 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

yes I believe they can't have a baby under 9 months old. but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to adopt with the house they have now. 

Don't "regulations" differ according to which adoption entity you work with?

Even with a private adoption, you still have to follow the state rules. I don't know what the rules are in AR, and I'm too lazy to look them up, but I think Jessa said no pregnancy or child under 9 months.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, Four is Enough said:

According to John Prine...

Flag decals won't get the Duggars into haven anymore.

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Don't "regulations" differ according to which adoption entity you work with?

this says nothing about house size but these are what is required in a home study to adopt in AR

Arkansas

Who Must Be Studied for adoption in Arkansas

Citation: Rules & Regs. 016 15 CARR 005, § 300

Each member of the adoptive family shall be included in the approval process.

Agency or Person Conducting the Study for adoption in Arkansas

The social worker or agency shall conduct the home study.

Qualifications for Adoptive Parents for adoption in Arkansas

In a two-parent home, the husband and wife shall provide verification that they have been married at least 2 years.

Each member of the adoptive household shall have a physical exam within 6 months prior to the approval by the social worker or agency conducting the home study, and annually thereafter until placement, to ensure that no person has a health condition or disability that would interfere with the family’s ability to care for a child.

All members of the household older than age 12 shall receive a Mantoux skin test for tuberculosis every 3 years, as long as test results remain negative.

Elements of a Home Study for Adoption in Arkansas

The adoptive home study shall contain the information required by regulation, including the following:

The mental health, emotional stability, and maturity of the applicants

The physical health of all household members

The financial status and stability of the family, including verification of income and employment

At least three confidential personal references

The family’s ability to cope with stress, loss, and crisis

Adjustment and well-being of any minors residing in the home

The family’s child-caring skills and willingness to acquire additional skills

The family’s discipline practices and religious affiliation

An assessment of the safety of the home, including all water hazards, dangerous pets, and firearm safety

A statement regarding the availability and results from criminal records and child maltreatment central registry checks, dated to within 1 year prior to placement

The stability of the adoptive family and their marriage, if applicable

Grounds for Withholding Approval for Adoption in Arkansas

A minor may not be adopted if the individual seeking to adopt is cohabiting with a sexual partner outside of a marriage that is valid under the constitution and laws of this State. This prohibition applies equally to cohabiting opposite-sex and same-sex individuals.

When Studies Must Be Completed for Adoption in Arkansas

The adoptive home study must be current to within 1 year prior to each adoptive placement.

Postplacement Study Requirements for Adoption in Arkansas

The agency caseworker shall ensure that at least two postplacement visits in person are made before the final decree of adoption is issued, or the stipulated time of the fulfillment of the interlocutory decree. One of the visits shall be in the home of the adoptive family.

Exceptions for Stepparent or Relative Adoptions for Adoption in Arkansas

Citation: Ann. Code § 9-9-211

The requirement to file with the court a report of expenditures connected to the adoption does not apply to an adoption by a stepparent whose spouse is a natural or adoptive parent of the child, or to an adoption in which the adopted person is an adult, or where the petitioner and the minor are related in the second degree.

Requirements for Interjurisdictional Placements for Adoption in Arkansas

Citation: Ann. Code § 9-29-201

Sending a child to another State for placement in an adoptive home or receiving a child from another State for placement in an adoptive home is subject to the provisions of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children.

Foster to Adopt Placements for Adoption in Arkansas

Citation: Ann. Code § 9-9-701(f)

A family that has a foster child in its home who was placed by the department shall be eligible for the streamlined adoption process if the department selects the foster family to be the adoptive family of the foster child.

Upon selection, the department shall complete the adoptive home study within 45 business days. The department shall not require the foster family to attend training.

According to the "American Adoptions" website for Arkansas, adopting from the Foster system states this about space:

Have a healthy, safe home with at least 50 square feet of space per occupant in each bedroom

I don't know how legit (if at all) that website is.

I don't believe for a minute they are trying to adopt. Adoption take a lot of grit, a lot of work and preparation, mental energy, cost, etc and I don't see them putting in the effort. At least not at this point.

She will be pregnant sometime in 2018, I'd be shocked otherwise.

I don't think they want to adopt now, I think it could be one of their future options. I think they know she will be pregnant every other year.

I'd be surprised if we don't get an announcement by the end of 2018, too. 

They do briefly show Ben and Jessa discussing the subject of another baby in the preview for the next season of CO and I feel they would not show that if it was completely off the cards. But then, this is TLC, so it may just be bait. (On that note, WHYYYYY focus the preview only on weddings, honeymoons and babies again, WHYYY? Oh right, because that's filling 99% of Duggar time.)

Yeah the whole “the mother must not be pregnant or have a child under 9 months to adopt” thing is crap. (Read: I’m not saying that the rule is crap, I’m saying that the notion that they can’t adopt if she is pregnant or if they have a new baby is just not true).

I have no doubt that those might be the requirements somewhere, but they’re not the requirements everywhere. The rules surrounding adopting change drastically from state to state, country to country, and agency to agency, and the rules surrounding a particular adoption are governed by where the adoption is actually taking place (where the kid is) and not where the parents live. Even if that is the particular rule in Arkansas (and I have no idea if that is the case) there is nothing to stop them from a private adoption in another state (or a non-private adoption abroad).

This Jessica Seewald character doesn't seem like the ideal candidate to be armed and let loose on the population in a position of authority. Still, it will be so good for Spurgeon and Henry to see a female family member with an actual and somewhat masculine job. A job where she will be in state-sanctioned authority over men and women alike.

40 minutes ago, MadameOvary said:

This Jessica Seewald character doesn't seem like the ideal candidate to be armed and let loose on the population in a position of authority. Still, it will be so good for Spurgeon and Henry to see a female family member with an actual and somewhat masculine job. A job where she will be in state-sanctioned authority over men and women alike.

Depends on how long Jessica stays as a cop. I kinda have the feeling that if the boyfriend proposed, she would stop. Maybe I am completely wrong and she has changed. I vaguely remember her being very much wanting to be married. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived