Jellybean

5 minutes ago, Jeanny_525 said:

Ancestry.com and all those genealogy websites suck. The fact that creepers out there can actually pay and see other people personal info like birth or marriage certificates, addresses, phone numbers...etc. is horrible. Whatever happened to privacy? Is there a way to prevent this? To keep your name from showing in those searches?

Anyways. Is Jessa pregnant? Guess not, yet. :pb_lol:

They use all public records though.  Its weird when someone looks into it for no reason, but its public information.  

I'm not sure if there was ever privacy.  It just used to take more effort to find public documents.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ancestry doesn't show living people in searches. For example:  my first cousin is listed on my uncle's family tree (I know this because I've seen Uncle's tree on his computer). But when I search for my cousin's name, nothing shows up.

That awkward moment when you wish your daughter a happy birthday and tag your conveniently famous daughter-in-law in the post instead. 

1360DA87-E3C2-4C1B-859D-FF2D0AB69B56.png

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Ancestry doesn't show living people in searches. For example:  my first cousin is listed on my uncle's family tree (I know this because I've seen Uncle's tree on his computer). But when I search for my cousin's name, nothing shows up.

But how hard would it be to get those last names from the deceased and then enter them into facebook and find a match? 

There was recently a 20/20 on twins who were adopted out without anyone's knowledge that they were twins. It upset many of these adopted twins.

My paternal grandmother had a baby at 16/17 and allegedly she went away that summer without her fathers knowledge and had a baby who she adopted out. She then went on to get married and have my dad and two more children. Never told her kids until they were in their 50s and the adopted son found her on facebook, she then told her three kids. They all met once and never again. I think for some reason my dad felt betrayed in a way- since she never told anyone until she was forced to. I think it's all very tricky and it was bizarre finding it out about my overly religious grandmother who had frowned upon me living with my fiancé.

as for Jessa- I think she's pregnant. Not by her clothes or body or anything, but I think she's going to do a Kylie Jenner and announce when the baby's born, to sort of take back her privacy or like - in your face! Thing. Also- money for a magazine spread. Counting on is so old news.

16 minutes ago, shock928 said:

as for Jessa- I think she's pregnant. Not by her clothes or body or anything, but I think she's going to do a Kylie Jenner and announce when the baby's born, to sort of take back her privacy or like - in your face! Thing. Also- money for a magazine spread. Counting on is so old news.

I think pulling a "Kylie" would be pretty cool.  Just have Baby Seewald #3 show up on Season 7, or whatever.  lol.

44 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

But how hard would it be to get those last names from the deceased and then enter them into facebook and find a match? 

In my case? Impossible. I don't have anything to do with my maiden name.

How hard would it be for people to get names from an obituary in the paper/online and enter them into FB to find a match? How hard would it be for people to get names from the whitepages/reverse address lookup/wherever and enter them into FB?

Blaming Ancestry (which hides the name of living people) when most people are so "out there" with their lives is a bit.... ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

In my case? Impossible. I don't have anything to do with my maiden name.

How hard would it be for people to get names from an obituary in the paper/online and enter them into FB to find a match? How hard would it be for people to get names from the whitepages/reverse address lookup/wherever and enter them into FB?

Blaming Ancestry (which hides the name of living people) when most people are so "out there" with their lives is a bit.... ridiculous.

H's birth family found his family via ancestry, anyone know how that works?  

His step mother was looking for them too, which might have been why that happened

Personally, I think Kylie Jenner pulled a "Kylie" because you can't get fillers or cosmetic procedures during pregnancy, and a lot of her "look" is due to a regular regimen of the above.  She couldn't keep up her face during pregnancy, and it would make everything she's had done INCREDIBLY apparent.  

Not that I don't think privacy was a good thing for her, but I have a feeling it was LESS about privacy (because WHEN has that family cared about privacy) and more about the fact that by a few months in, all of her fillers and such would have worn off and she wouldn't have looked like "Kylie" anymore. 

I have no issues with people getting work done.  I actually support it, and I really admire good work!  But it's one of the things you have to think about because if you get a lot of lip fillers then get pregnant, things are going to get...melty.

17 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

H's birth family found his family via ancestry, anyone know how that works?  

His step mother was looking for them too, which might have been why that happened

Likely through a DNA test. I get emails that I have a DNA match - generally 3rd - 5th cousin, estimated. Names I've never heard of. But you DO CONSENT to your name/profile being used in this way when you do your DNA and submit it to the website for "matches."

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

This is not strictly accurate. Ancestry "hides" living people in member-posted public family trees, but it does have a wide variety of public records indexed that include living people -- the California birth index, for example. Search my cousin's name and her birth record from 1976 comes up, with full name, DOB and mother's maiden name. Same for anyone else born in California during the time frame of those indexed records.

Isn't Kylie Jenner like 20? What on earth is she having done to her face on a regular basis??

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Isn't Kylie Jenner like 20? What on earth is she having done to her face on a regular basis??

Lip fillers, a shit ton of lip fillers. 

I just laughed out loud thinking about Kylie Jenner and Jessa - about how envious she would be of Jessas full natural lips, kind of funny those two in the same sentence!

9 minutes ago, withaj said:

This is not strictly accurate. Ancestry "hides" living people in member-posted public family trees, but it does have a wide variety of public records indexed that include living people -- the California birth index, for example. Search my cousin's name and her birth record from 1976 comes up, with full name, DOB and mother's maiden name. Same for anyone else born in California during the time frame of those indexed records.

Thanks for clarifying. You are right. But my cousins (all of the living ones, anyway) are NOWHERE to be found on ancestry, through a search. However - there are obituaries (photos/scans) for dead relatives that do list names, but apparently they are not indexed.

Wanna freak yourself (you, in general) out?

www.truepeoplesearch.com

Re: Kylie

I think part of the secrecy was the inability to keep up her fillers, etc, as mentioned above, but I also think she didn’t want to deal with the backlash from the public.  She was young, unmarried, and with the guy for all of 5 minutes when she got pregnant.  Even on speculation articles on gossip sites, she was being trashed, can’t imagine the responses she’d get announcing it on her own social media.

I do not like the Kardashians, but I do feel bad for Kendall and Kylie.  They were child victims of their mother and sisters’ quests for fame.  I can’t blame her for not wanting to deal with it all.

I had no idea fillers weren't permanent. I guess I just assumed if she had work done, it wouldn't change, at least not until she got older.

WHY is there a Kardashian thread drift on BOTH this thread and Josh & Anna thread?! Sorry but I can’t stand the Kardashians and I’m getting lost...

Anyway, I think Jessa is pregnant but isn’t announcing in order to not steal thunder from Joy’s birth & Josiah and Lauren’s engagement. I expect an Easter announcement from Jessa. I guess she’s 5 months.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Wanna freak yourself (you, in general) out?

www.truepeoplesearch.com

Oh MY god. That is so easy its godamn creepy!

Oh MY god. That is so easy its godamn creepy!
Oh my snap! That IS creepy. I am not hiding from a violent ex but if I was, I would be worried. [emoji53]

A friend of ours was adopted and they were contwnt with her. A few years later the agency called thwm and said they had a boy and they jad to jave him..they has never planned on javing another.  Ut the agency was very adament and as the kids grea the parenta suspected they were siblings but they have no desire to find out either if they are of who their bio mother/s is/are

As many of you know, two of my granddaughters were adopted as toddlers from China.  My son-in-law -their Baba- said one day that it's going to be difficult to take to his daughters about why they were placed in an orphanage.  One was abandoned at birth and the other was taken to the orphanage when she was several months old when her parents realized she was Deaf.  How do you explain that to your daughters?

There is very little likelihood that either girl would be able to find their birth parents nor their birthparents find them.

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Personally, I think Kylie Jenner pulled a "Kylie" because you can't get fillers or cosmetic procedures during pregnancy, and a lot of her "look" is due to a regular regimen of the above.  She couldn't keep up her face during pregnancy, and it would make everything she's had done INCREDIBLY apparent.  

Not that I don't think privacy was a good thing for her, but I have a feeling it was LESS about privacy (because WHEN has that family cared about privacy) and more about the fact that by a few months in, all of her fillers and such would have worn off and she wouldn't have looked like "Kylie" anymore. 

I have no issues with people getting work done.  I actually support it, and I really admire good work!  But it's one of the things you have to think about because if you get a lot of lip fillers then get pregnant, things are going to get...melty.

I dunno, Khloe has had a lot of that kind of work done as well, and she's been appearing publicly her whole pregnancy. There's always make up. 

4 hours ago, shock928 said:

Are we thinking that she just really wants to let Joy, Kendra and especially Jinger have that big (pregnant) spotlight? I could see her doing that.

Jill on the other hand, would NEVER do that. She would likely put up billboards the second the stick is dry. 

Dang, Jills are getting on my nerves around here. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived