IGNORED

Anyone heard of this scary wackjob? Christian Betrothal

Shina

I actually distinctly remember that several of the Morton-Smith marriages involved bride price. I believe it was 50 shekels of silver, whatever the hell that is. In one of the videos I saw one of the grooms saying like “Yes I bought her from her father.†Truly cringe worthy.

The Pearls of To Train Up a Child fame "gave" their daughters in Godly marriage not recognized by the state, I believe. Can't recall where I read it--maybe No Longer Quivering??

Yeah if my parents ever thought this was a good idea I would have them committed for insanity. I got past the first paragraph and my brain said no this information is beyond stupid to process.

The only non-skeevy bride price I ever heard of in a Western marriage was arranged between a couple whose families had come from a culture where a woman's father receives cattle for her hand, the more the better and the bigger compliment to the woman as well. So it was announced at the wedding that the bride price had been paid--a historically extremely flattering number of cattle--as a donation to the Heifer Project!

The only non-skeevy bride price I ever heard of in a Western marriage was arranged between a couple whose families had come from a culture where a woman's father receives cattle for her hand, the more the better and the bigger compliment to the woman as well. So it was announced at the wedding that the bride price had been paid--a historically extremely flattering number of cattle--as a donation to the Heifer Project!

That's actually kind of awesome.

Does Captain Creeperstan give a definition for when a young lady is "on the shelf," shall we say? 22? 23?

Man, I thought I was starting to smell a little overripe. Better get hitched! I hope Daddy Dear wants a big-ass heard of cattle (because, dammit, no one will convince me I'm not completely awesome, not even my stupid chauvinistic ex!), 'cause the future hubs better be prepared to cough it up BIG TIME.

Or I could continue my life of sin and singleness. Whatevs.

The Dixon family believes in that sort of stuff. Jocelyn (aponderingheart.com/blog/) has a betrothal to a guy she's never met. Don't know if they are married yet or not.

The Dixon family believes in that sort of stuff. Jocelyn (aponderingheart.com/blog/) has a betrothal to a guy she's never met. Don't know if they are married yet or not.

Never met? That is weird, and scary.

"Daughters: You too may have to give up an idol: the idol of choice. Girls never had as much choice as boys, but, perhaps, you have always held on to that last kernel of ‘veto’… of being able to send a young boy, not up to your standards, packing. Your idealized marriage (which never was a reality anyway) will have to give way to the reality of a real, live, fallible young man, suddenly bound in covenant to you. And you will find that this fallible young man is exactly who God has prepared for you.

Or perhaps you will need to give up the idea of ‘romance’… that a young man will come and ‘sweep you off your feet’; the idea of a marriage based on emotion. Instead you need to replace that false and worldly idea with the permanence of covenant: the old idea, the Biblical idea of ‘for better or for worse’."

Or, you know, I could just marry whoever the hell I want.

So, this dude is an EMT/practical nurse....I wonder what happens when these men encounter female bosses....

:lol: :dance: He is not even registered nurse, so that means he works under the authority of RNs and let's face it majority of them are female. It’s justice people, that’s what this is.

LilMissMetaphor wrote:

batwing wrote:

LilMissMetaphor wrote:

Maydyn Heaven! Is there a better Krystyan name than that?

Maydyn Heaven sounds like the name of a strip club.

How about Maydyn Chyna for a stripper? Or Maydyn Waiting for a stay-at-home daughter...

Or Maydyn Voyage for a rowboat; I can always pretend it's a yacht

How about Maydyn America for those patriotic fundy daughters? :twisted:

Never met? That is weird, and scary.

Yeah. They've apparently been internet friends for a while but they've never met in person. It was arranged between the man himself and her parents. Don't think she had a say in it.

Apparently, this guy has called out Nathaniel Darnell- former VF intern- for his single status. Um, hate to break it to you Vaughan but Nathaniel is gay. gay gay gay gay. In the words of my beloved Dataloungers- total gayface.

I think he is a control freak who secretly hates women and uses Bible verses to justify his position...

Oh man, that clip of the post about 'choice' being an 'idol' I thought a poster was making that up, parodying what was on the site! I was not happy to be proven wrong...

I think he is a control freak who secretly hates women and uses Bible verses to justify his position...

...and he hates women cuz they run at the sight of him--due to his weirdness/hostility.

Archived