IGNORED

Anyone heard of this scary wackjob? Christian Betrothal

Shina

christianbetrothal.blogspot.com

Words. Fail. Me.

Apparently courtship is too worldly and unBiblical and we need to go back to fathers giving their daughters away.

OH, WAIT. in his little "book" they actually have a freaking brideprice! Wow, where's the facepalm emoticon?

BathshEeba and SamPson are killing me.

Were you around for the Andy and Brittany Vawser debacle? They were a brideprice couple, weren't they? I can't be bothered scrolling through that vomitous blog again. She's worse than Lina with her "I get to cook for my HONEYHONEY!" shite.

Did you go back through the script/story the blogger wrote?

Maydyn... seriously. MAYDYN.

I see 2012's most popular kre8yve baby name.

christianbetrothal.blogspot.com

Words. Fail. Me.

I'm finding it hard to get beyond "they are well beyond the flower of their age". Damn, I just hate when that happens. :twisted:

I'm finding it hard to get beyond "they are well beyond the flower of their age". Damn, I just hate when that happens. :twisted:

Does that mean what I think it does--"past their sell-by date"?

I actually know a Maydyn. She works at the restaurant I get my meals from when I'm at work. She's one of those people who you want to smack upside the head on prinicple, but she's certainly not fundie, considering she'll tell anyone who'll listen how many guys she's fucked.

What's a brideprice? Is it what it sounds like?

Does he have an excess of goats and no wife or what?

What's a brideprice? Is it what it sounds like?

Does he have an excess of goats and no wife or what?

From the creepy story:

Pat: So, does this mean I will get a bride price too? (Chuckling)

Sakal: Yes. Abe is proposing ten thousand dollars.

Pat: What? I was kidding! I don’t want to sell my daughter!

Sakal: No one wants you to. But the bride price plays a significant function; it shows her value. And the point isn’t that you get the money but that you keep it for your daughter, if Andrew should ever abandon her.

This is...twisted. Like I could see how a non-skeptical audience could actually be taken in by this dude. If you can get over the creeptastic premise, he makes a coherent, if weird argument.

We knew some missionaries who were once offered a very fine herd of cattle for their 12 year old daughter. :shock: They asked to be sent elsewhere. Pronto.

wow...

Since this wonderful blogger is a VF associate (whatever that means) maybe this is just another resentful young man who didn't make it through Pa Bot's gauntlet?

On a serious note though, definitely a product of rejection by someone. Pretty disturbing ideas, these.,,

Maydyn Heaven sounds like the name of a strip club.

How about Maydyn Chyna for a stripper? Or Maydyn Waiting for a stay-at-home daughter...

Wow, this is so weird. I actually got into a "discussion" with this particular fellow on FB a few days ago. Yeah, he has some seriously hard core ideas about courtship, marriage, etc. He told me that when my Noah turns 13yo he will become the head of our household.

Ummm no. Actually he won't. :roll:

Guest Anonymous
Wow, this is so weird. I actually got into a "discussion" with this particular fellow on FB a few days ago. Yeah, he has some seriously hard core ideas about courtship, marriage, etc. He told me that when my Noah turns 13yo he will become the head of our household.

Ummm no. Actually he won't. :roll:

13 year old boys as heads of their households? That will end well. Hello pizza for dinner six nights a week, bathing becoming optional, and video games triumphing over homework!

Seriously, 13 year olds are kids who need parents, even if they possess a magical Y chromosome.

So I wasn't sure if Captain Creeper was some middle-aged fundie dude pontificating and trying to control EVERYTHING about his children's lives or some 19 year old Smugger look-alike who was bitter because Daddy Botkin turned him down.

Facebook confirms--he's the former, and some poor woman actually married this fool. Sigh...

Guest Anonymous

How about Maydyn Chyna for a stripper? Or Maydyn Waiting for a stay-at-home daughter...

Or Maydyn Voyage for a rowboat; I can always pretend it's a yacht

So I wasn't sure if Captain Creeper was some middle-aged fundie dude pontificating and trying to control EVERYTHING about his children's lives or some 19 year old Smugger look-alike who was bitter because Daddy Botkin turned him down.

Facebook confirms--he's the former, and some poor woman actually married this fool. Sigh...

Seriously? Wow... not only is that SUPER creepy, but surprising, since he definitely writes like a 16-year-old.

I sincerely hope he has no children...

His son Joshua is on Facebook because" " Let's just say Facebook is for doing what I'm not good at doing, connecting with people. I'm on Facebook so I can comment on what other people say on Facebook."

Oh my, he's a prize. I'm way beyond my expiration date but maybe he's just what I need for my headship. :o

Vaughn's brother has a different last name. Different fathers maybe?

You know, with all these stay at home uneducated mothers - the bride price sounds like a very GOOD idea - so the woman always has some money of her own. They may be up shit creek, but not entirely paddless. (paddle-less?)

Maydyn (which I first read as Mad-in. Mad-in Heaven.) is a terrible name for the mother of 15.

13 year old boys as heads of their households? That will end well. Hello pizza for dinner six nights a week, bathing becoming optional, and video games triumphing over homework!

Seriously, 13 year olds are kids who need parents, even if they possess a magical Y chromosome.

Yeah... letting my 14 year old brother run the household would probably end up with him never going to school, using all the money to buy video games, moving his friends in, never showering, and... well, we already eat takeout almost every day, so that probably wouldn't change too much.

Thanks for sharing the link. I hadn't seen that particular brand of crazy yet. Sounds like he has a serious case of the "fundier than thous."

Shit, someone should put a 13 year old boy in charge of my house. It sounds pretty awesome. (Well, right up until we run out of money because no one goes to work ... but until then, AWESOME.)

Archived