IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

10 minutes ago, takers401 said:

I am curious...heck, downright nosy to wonder what about his presentation/her labor brought about the emergency c-section situation upon arrival at the hospital.

The baby was in a breech position.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/15/2018 at 1:32 AM, JillRodsEyeliner said:

This new season of life is so precious! Children are a blessing form the Lord. Saying there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers in the garden. This new season of life is bringing us many new blessings. I'm Michelle. This is Jim Bob, my WONDERFUL husband. And our Kids Josh, Jana, Jill, John David, Jessa, Joy, Jinger, Joe, Jeddiah, Jeremiah, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn, Josie, Jessa, I forget his name, Thing 1, Thing 2. Don't forget the grandkids, names I don't remember. Bob, maybe? Tater tot casserole? Anyway, watch my family's show on TLC.

Please watch this: 

16 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Please watch this: 

I love Kid Farm! I wish they would make more. JP is so creepy! Lol

9 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Except for the flower called Josie, which is so obvious Michelle's favorite.

The only flower that matters.

Random comment but here it goes. 

I'm sick and tired of hearing one will rebel, come out as gay, support abortion, adoption, write a tell all book, or rat out their family. The truth is I don't say any of the kids becoming pro choice homosexual supporting liberals. I don't see any of them turning against their family. This is all they now. Even Jana and Jessa. They'e fundie pro-ife anti gay Gothard women. I know most want to see this but I don't see it happening unless it's years down the road and the cameras have been off for a long time. Something drastic has to happen 

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The baby was in a breech position.

That's what they told us. Who knows if it's what really "happened" to make them head to the hospital?

8 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I love Kid Farm! I wish they would make more. JP is so creepy! Lol

THE JEEP!

8 hours ago, JMO said:

THE JEEP!

He is obsessed with Jean! Of course the family is too stupid to realize it.

17 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

They'e fundie pro-ife anti gay Gothard women. I know most want to see this but I don't see it happening unless it's years down the road and the cameras have been off for a long time. Something drastic has to happen 

I agree, not anytime soon. But there are going to be likely 38 different people living in different cities and homes, if they all marry (not implying they should or need to). There's simply too many people for someone to not eventually reject their ridiculous, unfounded, niche beliefs. Someone eventually will back off of all this nonsense.

On 15/03/2018 at 7:17 AM, MoonFace said:

Wasn't there a bit in "Catch 22" where a couple went to a doctor to find out why the wife wasn't getting pregnant and when the doctor checked her out she was still a 'virgin' (hymen still intact)  I could be wrong - but I believe that is the book I read where that happened. 

I'm not sure on "Catch 22" but, a mid-70's lady once told me that at one point she was talking to someone from a family planning place in the 1960's and they said that the biggest impediment to conceiving for a lot of people was virginity.

There's a thread in QFoS (I think it's there), about which fundy change surprised people the most.  People do leave the lifestyle.  With the Duggars, it might be more possible than probable, but I would not be suprised to see one of the children (or one of the Bates children), move away from the lifesyle/belief system they grew up with.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:55 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

I've never given birth, and most likely never will, but I've always been curious about the intensity of that pain. I have quite a bad migraine, and it would be interesting to know how the pain of giving birth relates to the worst migraine pain I've ever had (feeling like truly dying for 12 hours and should have left for ER but could not move an inch because the pain was too much). Of course those two are different kind of pains, but are there any migraine sufferers here who could tell from their experience?

My pitocin-induced labor with a face up baby was arguably worse than my migraines because it lasted so long and I hated being at the hospital.  At least with (most) of my migraines, I've been home and able to ride it out.   But I have had stomach pain (perhaps diverticulitis) that was worse.  Who's to say, though--every mom is different, every baby is different.

On 3/14/2018 at 11:48 AM, amandaaries said:

But once she was out, my brain felt incredible, like I could do anything (did not try much, though, and mainly stayed in the hospital bed, so I didn't test my brain's new theory).  There is some real kind of  high that comes along with giving birth, probably from evolution urging us to move away from the smelly birth spot and into a safer location (my assumption at least, since weak babies would make easy prey in a hunter-gatherer society). I know it's overdone to describe birth as "empowering," but it really was for me. Post-migraine, I'm still kind of fragile -- can't handle full volume or crazy lights, etc. I don't want any more kids, but I'd prefer birth to migraines. JMO and experience and clearly everyone's different, of course.

This!  This!  This is my labor with my second child!  It was fast--4 hours total and very intense, but for me not exactly painful like the first one was.  I felt high afterwards, as well--and like a super hero. 

I have a weird question about fundies like the Duggars. When I see them on TV, they seem to talk so sweetly about everyone. Do you think that in private there is gossiping or shit-talking? Or no, because of the Bible? I truly wonder. 

I imagine they gossip 'out of concern' so everyone can 'pray for them'. The closer the gossipers  are, the more they can drop the act. 

Looks like I will be out of pocket tonight and cant do recaps.  They arent posted early online.

Who's going to step in for me? :cracking-up:

23 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Who's going to step in for me? :cracking-up:

I can do it. 

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I have a weird question about fundies like the Duggars. When I see them on TV, they seem to talk so sweetly about everyone. Do you think that in private there is gossiping or shit-talking? Or no, because of the Bible? I truly wonder. 

From my extensive experiences in churches, religious people are some of the biggest gossipers out there. They disguise it with saying they're praying for someone, or out of concern, but at the end of the day - they gossip just as much as ~the world~

13 minutes ago, viii said:

From my extensive experiences in churches, religious people are some of the biggest gossipers out there. They disguise it with saying they're praying for someone, or out of concern, but at the end of the day - they gossip just as much as ~the world~

I have a feeling that if the Fundie girls truly were able to be candid, and not just feign concern, that Jessa would have read everybody to filth by now. 

11 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

here is a clip of Joy and Austin discussing how they will break the baby news to their family. 

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/videos/joy-austin-have-big-news-for-the-family

and here is a very disjointed clip of Joy's labor. 

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/videos/joy-goes-into-labor

I have to say it seems sad she has to rush to tell everyone before its spilled...

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

My experience is fundies are the most vicious gossipers I have ever seen. Right up there between character assassination and murder. I am not kidding, it was truly disgusting and believe me I'm not adverse to a little bit  of snarking.  And they do it. All. The. Time.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived