IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

I am tickled that Michelle was so wrong about the birth weight. Because I am just that petty.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/12/2018 at 8:28 PM, VineHeart137 said:

I think it's more peculiar that Josie was brought along than that Michelle was there.

I'm also curious as to who was primarily in charge of Jordyn and Jennie while Jana was gone. Johannah?

I have two theory's 1. Michelle is having a weird motherly moment and just can't bare to be away from her miracle child. 

2 and more likely . she was brought to be a playmate for Gracie whose names actually seems to be Olivia. 

either way I wonder how Jenny Jordyn and Johanna feel about it. 

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

@Buzzard, thank you as always for your delightful recap. I’m curious about the above quote. Do you recall if JB’s prayers covered a healthy delivery, or just a natural one?

Oh, he said natural. I cringed.

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Joy and Austin's Baby part 1

A phone rings, an owl "whoos" ... Michelle explains from the front passenger's seat that they are on their way to see J'austin.  Joy is in labor.

Joy lays on her back and moans, austin dotes on her.  

At the TTH - Boob gets a text that they are en route to the hospital.

Joy is wheeled in to the OR and says "love you guys, thank you for your prayers."  She looks exhausted.

One week earlier:

Joy - I cant wait, the baby is due in a week.

Henry is unpacking in the house.  Michelle puts on an apron.  Jessa says that they are there to prepare meals to put in the freezer.

Joy - I think going through the pregnancy has been good.  No morningn sickness and not a lot of food aversions but there have been emotions and things she had to work through. Austin has been very supportive of my emotional rollercoaster

Pics of her growing tummy.

Austin - my role is a coach and to help her as much as I can.

Austin's mom tells people what to do.  They're doing mexican caserole etc.  Joy is ready to have the baby.

Joy th - as the day gets closer I'm getting uncomfortable and I've had some contractions, braxton hicks, nothing too intense.

Michelle - you hardly gained any weight

Jessa - I gained over 40 lbs with spurgeon.

Michelle - Its all baby.  Babycakes will be in the 8 range, maybe upper 8.

Jessa - Its hard to believe joy will have her first baby

Michelle - Tells the story about how Joy was born - I pushed for 2-3 hours, and she was sunny side up.  9 lbs.  Slideshow of Joy

Austin's mom - tells the story of Austin's birth - 13 hours labor, sunny side up.  c section.

Jessa - Joy was joyful as a baby and had a happy personality.  We all treated her like a live babydoll, carrying her around, feeding her.

Jill (2010) - I changed her diapers

Austin was a cuddle baby

Austin - I grew up on 110 acres.  It was every kid's dream.  It would be pretty awesome to take my children fishing and experience the outdoors like i have.

They have some ideas about names, but they're keeping it a surprise.  Jana appears and starts cooking.  I've yet to see Michelle do anything but stand there.

J'austin TH - we're not telling people's names because we dotn want their opinion.

Austin - we want to introduce them

joy - they'll learn to like it.

Michelle - SHows her food - portions like this wont upset the baby's tummy.  

Jessa - some kids can do spicier than others if you want to risk it.

Austin's mom - do you have a plan B?

Joy - we'll go to the hosptial 25-30 minutes away. I want to have a homebirth, its more comfortable, we're not too far if theres a change of plans.  Austin has been making plans for the delivery, it goes back to his "ENT" training.  There are some aspects that are harder for him but he'll be calm, I know.

They label meals and write instructions.

Michelle - they are an awesome team and we'llbe a support to pray for them.

Producer - what advice do you have for joy as she goes into labor?

Jessa - endurance - you want to give up but thats not an option.   Hang in there and dont get discouraged.

Austin - I'm feeling pretty good, trying to think of things

Joy - I'm trying to not have expectations, trying not to be scared. I know it will be painful but austin will be there to support me.

They all hug.

Part 2- Joy gives birth

At the house

Joy labors.

4am 2/23 - the phone rings.  Michelle gets into the car and they head to the house.  Michelle is wearing her pink shirt.

Jana, mom, and JOhanna are headed that way.  She's 6 cm.

At the house a doppler is heard.  Its 5:53 am.

11Am - TTH

Spurge drinks a bottle, other kids sit on the couch.  Boob tells the boys that joy is in labor and they're at J'austin's and they should pray for them.  Josie looks around and doesnt participate.  Who is the bearded kid?

prayers.thumb.jpg.a5329dbf5b81ad0878739e75aeee3203.jpg

Boob - its hard to believe babies are having babies.  Ben tells the group "its called labor for a reason" and boob prays for a natural delivery.

Joy moans "ouch."  Jill tells her that all the vitals are good.

Michelle - Joy is doing great. At this point youre tired and ready to have the baby.

Joy leans on Austin and asks for help breathing, saying it hurts. Jill stands smugly by.

TTH - 2:15 PM.

Jackson films Kendra asking about the gender.  She thinks its a boy. Jackson thinks its a girl.

Producer - are you nervous?

Kendra - I'm excited but you never know how its going to go and she can tell me the details and tips.  She giggles... 

Boob makes coffee.

Jackson continues to ask about the gender.

Boob gets a text.  They're going to the hospital. Baby's HR is OK, 20 minutes out.  

Baby is breach per the "midwife."

Boob heads to the hospital (runs to the pickup)

At the hospital, Joy is wheeled into a room.

joy.thumb.jpg.5e48a97803874a9fb21d4f857246a6d9.jpg 

A heart monitor beeps.  They're prepping her for an emergency section.

TTH 3 PM

Kendra checks for texts.  More coffee is made.

Ben - having a section is tough, not what she was hoping but we'll go from there.

Baby is born healthy at 3:39 PM

TTH - 3:45

Boob calls that the baby is born.  Spurge watches videos on bens phone.

Jennifer finds out the 'gender' first.  She gets to tell because she was joy's buddy.  They shoot off blue confetti.  Everyone celebrates.

Michelle and Boob say they're ready to meet the baby.  He was 10 pounds 3 ounces.

Terry and Roxanne - ready to see what it looks like.

Joy is wheeled in and they meet the baby in the hallway.

hallway.thumb.jpg.19683b5482a8ba89c11d030bbdee98da.jpg

I really hope they washed their hands ITS FLU SEASON!

Austin says its amazing, god is good.

Kendra shows the j'kids text pictures back at the TTH.  He's huge.

Michelle holds him and Joy tells the camera he's a "pretty good mix"

michelle.thumb.jpg.d058f4351b0e74894259460e08db11e6.jpg

He has austin's nostrils.

At the TTH - Henry pukes.

Austin holds Austin (no name yet).  Joy keeps saying he's huge and thanks people for their prayer.

Name announced in print.

I believe the boy with the beard is Jason. 

here is a picture a bit before Joy's birth from the J'austin insta. 

1 minute ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Oh, he said natural. I cringed.

Thanks. I feared as much. This was certainly not my dad’s wish for me when I gave birth. It is astounding to me. 

6 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

Well I know at least Anna Duggar has flown on Duggar Airlines while pregnant, as I'm sure a few of the others girls had. Also I believe Joy was mentioned as saying she really didn't have much morning sickness. 

Just an interesting observation.

Joy was a newlywed no way she was hopping on a plane to look for wedding dresses.  Kendra was whining she wouldn't see joe for her birthday how do you think Joy would react and I don't see Austin tagging along. 

okay my thoughts on the episode whiny kendra not cute. two days away from the boy wouldn't kill her.

Jana just seemed annoyed every time she had to talk to Gracie in that nice sweet voice she just seemed to be gritting her teeth. 

JInger and Jeremy and all the rest super boring. 

I watched the episode on TLC Go today and I have to say that it seems that JD has quite a sense of humor. I thought he was quite humorous talking about the wedding dress shopping. 

Jumping on the ISB...I think JD is quite satisfied with his life and has no real desire to get married and start breeding. it doesn't seem like he's "home" much, he's got his cop/emt/whatever gig going, the towing thing going and the flying thing going. He has no real responsibilities...and does whatever he pleases. Pretty damn cushy life, ya know? Jana on the other hand...FREE JANA!

3 hours ago, viii said:

LOL, when my friend was having her baby, she labored in a room beside a woman who kept having orgasms and she said it was the worst thing ever because she's in such pain and trying to work through it, all while hearing this woman go OH YES YES OH OH OHHHH that was a big one steve! 

Wish i would've had that lady's birth. :laughing-rollingred:

I've never given birth, and most likely never will, but I've always been curious about the intensity of that pain. I have quite a bad migraine, and it would be interesting to know how the pain of giving birth relates to the worst migraine pain I've ever had (feeling like truly dying for 12 hours and should have left for ER but could not move an inch because the pain was too much). Of course those two are different kind of pains, but are there any migraine sufferers here who could tell from their experience?

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Labor pains > migraine. 

Pancreatitis > Labor pains.

Lung tap = Labor pains.

I've also heard that kidney stones trump labor pain too.

24 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I've also heard that kidney stones trump labor pain too.

I watched my husband pass a kidney stone. He said it was a "bit uncomfortable" and "hurt somewhat" and that it was "definitely unpleasant" as he grimaced and sweated from the pain. Damn Brits and their stiff upper lip and all that. lol

Labor > migraines (I have all types × 30+ years; very painful, labor is worse)

Labor > pancreatitis (4-5 bouts of it)

Labor > passing kidney stones 

Labor > gall bladder attacks 

Labor = my worst gastroparesis flares

3 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Labor > migraines (I have all types × 30+ years; very painful, labor is worse)

Labor > pancreatitis (4-5 bouts of it)

Labor > passing kidney stones 

Labor > gall bladder attacks 

Labor = my worst gastroparesis flares

Funny how we all perceive pain differently. For me, Labor < Gall bladder attacks. 

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I've never given birth, and most likely never will, but I've always been curious about the intensity of that pain. I have quite a bad migraine, and it would be interesting to know how the pain of giving birth relates to the worst migraine pain I've ever had (feeling like truly dying for 12 hours and should have left for ER but could not move an inch because the pain was too much). Of course those two are different kind of pains, but are there any migraine sufferers here who could tell from their experience?

I am a migraine sufferer who gave birth without meds, so I can share. I think migraines are worse, personally. The all-encompassing pain, the inability to deal with light or noise, the unknown factor about how long things will last... Migraines are something beyond terrible.

With labor, though it's painful, you know there will be an ending and somehow you have to walk through the experience to get the results.  Sometimes women getting epidurals wind up with epidural-related headaches, so I was more terrified of that than labor. I figured I could give birth, but not with anything resembling a migraine. My water was broken late in labor (early labor basically felt like very bad cramps) and for the next six hours, my baby slowly progressed sunny-side up (meaning her spine was slowing grinding down on my spine).  It was beyond awful.  Then actually pushing the baby out --- holy begonias.  I do agree with a previous poster's aunt who said it was like a huge poop, except it's one that you fear will actually rip your bottom half apart. I found that I couldn't distinguish entirely where the pain was coming from, but I guess with the anus and vagina so close together, my brain just interpreted it as previously known pain on a new, never known scale. 

But once she was out, my brain felt incredible, like I could do anything (did not try much, though, and mainly stayed in the hospital bed, so I didn't test my brain's new theory).  There is some real kind of  high that comes along with giving birth, probably from evolution urging us to move away from the smelly birth spot and into a safer location (my assumption at least, since weak babies would make easy prey in a hunter-gatherer society). I know it's overdone to describe birth as "empowering," but it really was for me. Post-migraine, I'm still kind of fragile -- can't handle full volume or crazy lights, etc. I don't want any more kids, but I'd prefer birth to migraines. JMO and experience and clearly everyone's different, of course.

ETA: so funny that other migraine sufferers view labor as worse. Wonder what that says about my migraines, which I've had for over 20 years...

I wish we had a ‘yawn’ reaction! I mean, growing avocados is a wonderful thing, and being able to eat them fresh from the tree is a huge treat (I experienced it while staying with friends in Kenya). I’m just not sure it’s worthy of a webisode.

9 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I wish we had a ‘yawn’ reaction! I mean, growing avocados is a wonderful thing, and being able to eat them fresh from the tree is a huge treat (I experienced it while staying with friends in Kenya). I’m just not sure it’s worthy of a webisode.

Somehow, I have a feeling though that they do not eat tater tot casserole at the Vuolo home. 

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Somehow, I have a feeling though that they do not eat tater tot casserole at the Vuolo home. 

they seem to eat pretty well in theVuolo house. Jessa seems to be getting a bit better also. thank you Ben for bringing in all the new foods.  the fact that Jessa had NEVER Made a roast before until less then two months ago is just crazy to me. 

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

they seem to eat pretty well in theVuolo house. Jessa seems to be getting a bit better also. thank you Ben for bringing in all the new foods.  the fact that Jessa had NEVER Made a roast before until less then two months ago is just crazy to me. 

I guess they couldn't afford roast for that many people. 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I've never made a roast. Why would she have made a roast? It's kind of an impractical meal to make for 20 people, or for just two people, isn't it? It's also kind of expensive, and not everyone's a huge fan of red meat, so...

Oh don't get me wrong @amandaaries. Many many migraines I've begged DH to take me out behind the shed, one bullet, aim well. Many!!!

Where the gastroparesis = Hard Labor meets for me: the pain is off the charts, I can't get on top of it even with breathing, nothing gives me a break, and it's so bad I lose my speech -- all I can do is cry out involuntarily in pain -- while writhing in agony, being very upchucky. 

It's only when the second round of heavy duty pain med cocktail kicks in that I can quiet down, catch my breath, and my BP descends from stroke level.

I made it through 23 hours of labor, including several of Hard Labor, before I got an epidural. Then needed an emergency C section. All that for naught.

We women are Beasts!!! 

Is that a common term? Because everytime Joy said that I was like should I've heard of this? I also think it's interesting how everyone perceives their pain as well. I've never had children but I already can't handle cramps or my mild heaches every once in a while so I'm assuming my body would not handle labor either.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived