IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

"The cap sleeves are precious" 

WHO says that?! Michelle's vocabulary is so limited, she really can't come up with another adjective... PRECIOUS SLEEVES

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief, just reading the recaps is putting me to sleep. I can't imagine actually watching it.

I can't get over that think don't think they need ANY kind of sex Ed "they'll figure it out together" ugh! I mean clearly they figured it out mechanics wise but there's definitely more to it than that. 

Hmmmmm, gotta think about that; it's been 18 years since I was dating my hubby. It IS possible to learn about sex without doing it, or anything close to it, when saving for marriage is the goal. We knew the desires were there. Our pastor gave us the same book that Jimbob and Michelle talked about with Josh; Intended for Pleasure. And we both had been given "the talk" of what sex is, and why, and how to have self-control and help each other save it. During our engagement we took turns reading that book by ourselves, on our own places. We tried reading key passages of it aloud to each other after, and just got really flustered and face flamed up.

Sure, we were nervous on our wedding night and honeymoon, but we worked through it together. Both knowing we needed to take it slow, and have the KY stuff ready, and things like that, as well as the trust we'd already built, it worked.

I can't imagine going through that with having chaperones all the time, though. Then any private conversations about it would have to be on the phone or via email/text.

I'm wearing THREE pairs of cranky pants today (thanks, boss from hell) so not feeling very charitable tonight. 

1. HRH Josie. Again. Every freakin time she gets included. Poor Jenni & Jordan. Still ill-mannered.

2. Seung Hye. Adorable!!

3. Texas. Hot. Ugh.

4. Jeremy. Competitive whiner. Ugh.

5. Miz Renaaay. Still obsequious. Annoying. But her brides look good. Wedding planner props to her.

6. Joe. Clueless. Sweet. Goober.

7. John David. Generous. Belly like Jim Bob's. 

8. Duggars. Ridiculously entitled. Unnecessary.

9. Joy. SingINK. ThinkINK. KissINK. GoINK. SayINK. AnnoyINK as hell. Still CondescendINK AF. (Note to Duggar girls: this weirdo speech affectation is completely a plyg wife thing. You might want to rethink DoINK it.)

*takes bitchy crackers to corner for EatINK*

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think it's more peculiar that Josie was brought along than that Michelle was there.

I'm also curious as to who was primarily in charge of Jordyn and Jennie while Jana was gone. Johannah?

Right... once again Jordyn gets left out?  Hopefully she didn't want to be involved, but still...

JD cracks me right up.

I think Joe will be a similar husband to Ben. Laid back and just wants his wife happy.  

I have to wonder if it is less of Josie being included while the others are excluded, and more of Josie was an extremely early premier who probably has special needs that we aren't told about and has to travel with Michelle or Jana because she needs more care than the others. I don't think is an I'll mannered child. I think she is a little girl who probably has some extra needs that kept private as they should be for her privacy. 

I definitely noticed how much more verbose and articulate Gracie was vs Josie. Gracie would speak in full sentences, and when asked what she thought of the dress, Josie only gave thumbs up.

Also, JD cracks me up! And I am really liking Joe. He is super sweet to Kendra and thoughtful. He really tries his best to make her happy and I hope he continues to do that now that he is married to her. He seems like he would be a caring and understanding husband. 

24 minutes ago, amers said:

I have to wonder if it is less of Josie being included while the others are excluded, and more of Josie was an extremely early premier who probably has special needs that we aren't told about and has to travel with Michelle or Jana because she needs more care than the others. I don't think is an I'll mannered child. I think she is a little girl who probably has some extra needs that kept private as they should be for her privacy. 

Special needs didn't prevent the Duggars from leaving Josie with Jana and GMM when she was a toddler (as they galavanted around the country), and she had a seizure!

Yes, I thought Miss Gracie was a doll. Seemed sweet, well behaved, appeared pretty patient, and had nice things to say to Kendra.

She also sat properly at the pizza restaurant. The kind of child you'd enjoy having at the table for dinner out. (I'D like to sit next to her!)

....... toning down the cranky now ....

The over emphasis again tonight on purity -- and Kendra's apparent fear of doing wrong -- made me wonder ...

If Paul & Christina were married "since January 1998" (per their FB) ... and Kendra was born August 11, 1998 ... HOW have P&C explained the math on that one???

I'm a little surprised that their original mission board (BIMI) and sending church (out east) let that one slide. IME they were uber judgey strict baptist skirts only, can't remember on KJV. 

Anyway, I don't give a flying fig fart what happened. I just hope their kids won't pay a price for something ma & pa did.

I didn't watch, I waited for @Buzzard brilliant recaps. But who was looking after the younger kids at TTH while Jana was with Kendra wedding dress shopping? Can't imagine ol Jim Bob watching his own kids. :roll:

6 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

I definitely noticed how much more verbose and articulate Gracie was vs Josie. Gracie would speak in full sentences, and when asked what she thought of the dress, Josie only gave thumbs up.

Also, JD cracks me up! And I am really liking Joe. He is super sweet to Kendra and thoughtful. He really tries his best to make her happy and I hope he continues to do that now that he is married to her. He seems like he would be a caring and understanding husband. 

Yeah, I hate to admit it but I think Joe is sweet too. Hope JD finds someone soon.

Wait so if Jana, Josie, and Jenny were there, does that mean Hannie was left to babysit Jordyn on her own back in Arkansas?

Was Grandma Mary at the dress fitting? I skimmed the recaps and haven't/won't watch the episode.

Maybe she was watching the girls who didn't go?

I'm guessing Josie acted like a wild chimpanzee again?

55 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Wait so if Jana, Josie, and Jenny were there, does that mean Hannie was left to babysit Jordyn on her own back in Arkansas?

Jenny wasn't there either. Neither was Grandma Mary. Of the Duggars, it was just Josie, Jana, and Michelle. JD flew them there and Joe arrived later to surprise Kendra. Everyone else stayed home. 

15 hours ago, freethemall said:

It's not that weird for a MIL to come to a dress fitting, I invited my own to mine.

And yeah poor Anna, there was no dress shopping since she didn't get a custom dress created for her in another state and filmed on TV and maybe even paid for by TLC. Her older sister gave her her dress, which is sweet in its own way but also sad considering how fancy the other weddings have been.

I dont think its weird for a MIL, but more so THIS MIL.  Michelle and Boob arent really supposed to be featured on the show anymore, and this fitting was clearly theatre for the show.  It would have made sense for the D'sisters to go along (but not Josie).  Michelle's presence just rubbed me as her complete inability to stop famewhoring.  

14 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

@Buzzard do you have TLC go? They just released 2 mini episodes on Gideon’s birth and It would be awsome to read your recaps!!

I do.  I'm not sure I'll have time but I can give it a shot.   No one did it on the other threads?

Also, interesting that its a webisode and not drawn out into an actual airable episode.

38 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Was Grandma Mary at the dress fitting? I skimmed the recaps and haven't/won't watch the episode.

Maybe she was watching the girls who didn't go?

I'm guessing Josie acted like a wild chimpanzee again?

Mary wasnt there.  Josie sat on the couch and looked disinterested.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jenny wasn't there either. Neither was Grandma Mary. Of the Duggars, it was just Josie, Jana, and Michelle. JD flew them there and Joe arrived later to surprise Kendra. Everyone else stayed home. 

Ah okay, that must have been Kendra's little sister with Josie on the couch. I didn't get a good enough look. Seems right though after all Jen and Jor are the lost girls. Josie did look very disengaged.

47 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I do.  I'm not sure I'll have time but I can give it a shot.   No one did it on the other threads?

Also, interesting that its a webisode and not drawn out into an actual airable episode.

They did the same thing with Joe and Kendra’s wedding. First they aired a 20 min episode exclusively on the app, then the 1 hour episode, and now they’ll air the 2 hr one. 

Some quick thoughts on the episode. 

I thought Jana actually looked completely checked out at the dress appt.  She's been to enough of these and no doubt there's probably some of "When is my turn?" after watching yet another teen bride get married. 

Joe gives me some warm fuzzies with how happy he is with Kendra.  If only I didn't have to listen to them explain how holy they are for waiting until their marriage for their first kiss or discussion about sex.  Nothing says awkward honeymoon like being naked in front of your wife for the first time 2 hrs after your first kiss and you both have to find a way to physically and verbally navigate each others bodies. 

I haven't seen the part where their friends ask JinJer about having kids.  I do like that he has close friends that purposefully waited.  I will say that since they are in NYC it's easier to want to wait since real estate is crazy expensive. 

Michelle and that green shirt need to go hide in the prayer closet.  Enough already.  

Kendra's grandmother looks so young.  Then again her kid had a kid at 19 and her granddaughter is getting married at 19. 

Miz Renee is officially the most annoying character.  The dress appt made me want to claw my ears out.  Ugh.  Sickly sweet and so fake sounding.  And I agree about Michelle with the "precious" cap sleeves.  You need another word.

Joe at the bakery was such a painfully obvious set up.  I believe that the reason we only saw the front of the cake in the display case is that they already had the "K" on it. 

7 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I didn't watch, I waited for @Buzzard brilliant recaps. But who was looking after the younger kids at TTH while Jana was with Kendra wedding dress shopping? Can't imagine ol Jim Bob watching his own kids. :roll:

Jessa, Anna, Grandma Mary, Joy

Just now, SassyPants said:

Jana had to go to KY to chaperone Michelle and to parent Josie.

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Everyone is forgetting JB, he was home as well.

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Everyone is forgetting JB, he was home as well.

Yes, of course, as GM Mary's male chaperone and headship.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Jana had to go to KY to chaperone Michelle and to parent Josie.

Jessa - Ha - I vote Anna...

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived