IGNORED

Three Wives, One Husband

ChickenettiLuvr

# # # # #

Ok folks. Because my brain wasn't gonna let me sleep tonight without confirming the answer to the question about brother marrying brother's widow:

believe they're using Deuteronomy 25 (possibly verses 5-10) as their reason/ excuse. [I looked it up in my NIV so not sure of KJV wording.]

Which, all things being equal, was for preserving the family name in OT Jewish marriage. (Without a son, etc.)

Def not apples : oranges : Christian : plyg : oodles of kids already. 

Discuss among yourselves. 

17 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I don't know.  Apparently this community made the show on condition it was only shown in the UK.  The show  was then sold to TLC who are showing it in N. America.  So TLC outed them against their will.  Which proves to me TLC doesn't give a rat'a patooie about the well being of anyone.  I think these people are nuts but they don't deserve this IMO.  Maybe they showed up on Sister Wives because the cat was out of the bag.

BTW cats don't belong in bags !  

Thanks for that. It does seem to be the exact same show that was on in the Uk last year. I remember Abel and his many unhappy wives.

I got confused because I thought it was the old thread resurrected but I couldn't see any of my posts I made last year. So I wasn't sure if it was different group of people or different programme made by TLC with the same name. 

I did do a search but only came up with this thread and other sister wives thread. But my search skills aren't great. I am pretty sure it had the same name too. It was about a year ago, maybe a year and a half. I thought it was in the QF of Polygamy section, but maybe it was QF of Snark. I can't remember since it was too long ago. 

These shows, do nothing more, than prove women, are the far superior sex. You don't see an influx of shows called "One wife, Three Husbands", or "Brother Husbands".

Women do not have the time, nor inclination probably, to deal with that many dicks, coming at them at once. Also, imagine being the lone wife, and all of your brother husbands, got sick at the same time. Imagine all of the whining, and crying. If that was to be my life, go ahead and shoot me now...lol.

@SnazzyNazzy Fun fact though: TLC piloted a show called Brother Husbands but focused more of it being polyamory. It wasn't picked up but I was able to watch it on demand last night.

And we meet again. Waiting to see if Abel marries his sisters-in-laws. [Icky squicky if you ask me.]

Who's watching??

Hi there, @Botkinetti !!  It's one of their "principles." (a teeny bit of discussion about this is ^^ upthread)

It would seem much more charitable (to me) to assume temporary financial/emotional responsibility for their family units [but NOT marrying the widow(s)].  The widows + children probably need someone/something to help with finances, especially since their deceased husband (may he RIP) had an extended battle with cancer.  Just making mortgage payments/rents + feeding the kiddos would take some bucks. I haven't heard Melinda or Anazella say if they have paying jobs outside the home. ... Perhaps there isn't a mortgage payment per se if they also live in the cave-dwellings.

But SOMEbody has to provide for food. And probably utilities and vehicles. At least six months have elapsed since the guy passed away. Glad the wives didn't have a funeral one week then an obligatory marriage the next. *all the shudders*

I get the biblical stuff but that they are willing to live with pain and despair and disrupt any tenuous peace is what I don’t understand. Beth in particular seems angry and upset all the time. I tend to watch her face when Abel and the wives are all sitting on the couch and she seems like she would rather be any where else in the world than with them.

I totally agree that a wedding the week after the funeral would have been gross.

HUGE Plot twist:

Widow Anazella has decided on a guy she met online. A "devout Christian" -- about whom Melinda is NOT excited. She apologized to dead hubby that Anazella is marrying "outside the faith."

Whoa nellie!!!!

On 3/25/2018 at 10:38 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

HUGE Plot twist:

Widow Anazella has decided on a guy she met online. A "devout Christian" -- about whom Melinda is NOT excited. She apologized to dead hubby that Anazella is marrying "outside the faith."

Whoa nellie!!!!

He ended up dumping her because he didn't want her to influence his daughters. He was very attractive. But it was mentioned that he couldn't wrap his head around accepting her faith. 

Oh wow. Just wow.

That had to be a terrible blow for her.

... This week's episode:

Christian (brother of Enoch) is a hottie!! *fans self* He and his wife are moving to the Rock and he's talking about adding wives. Poor Sasha is not handling it well and is seeking counsel from other plural (and unhappy) wives.

Buckle up, Buttercup!

@ChickenettiLuvr I def needed to go to the prayer closet. He was so hot. Poor Sasha is going to be in for a rude awakening. She does not seem sure she wants to be in polygamy. Her mouth says yes but her eyes look sad. 

Whats his faces 2nd and 3rd wives are so miserable! And I'm pretty sure the first wife is on something cuz that woman is too zoned out to be that happy. 

Also, IDK if you follow Escaping Polygamy. This episode during the rally was also filled for that show. I remember the girls being there protesting against. Kinda fascinating to see both side. Of course, these men are pro. So is the Kingston clan. They trap their women and there's no choice. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived