IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 2

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

My exact thought! If I had breathing issues, I think I would MUCH prefer Iowa air to southern humidity. It's like breathing water from May until October...

In a comment the Bowers said they will be east of Birmingham. Certainly not known for good air. It is near a medical school I guess.

I think they are moving because of grave medical issues--maybe they have found a doctor who will take Samaritan or whatever fundy "health insurance" they have--and they can't afford to keep their house. It seems like if they intended to return to Iowa after Daddy Bowers medical treatment, they'd have whichever married daughter is currently renting (I know one of them is living in a new Bontrager-built house) move into their Iowa house & pay a bit of rent, then move out when they return.

It just doesn't make sense that they would renovate a farmhouse, acquire various farm animals including cattle, put in a big garden, etc.--if they intended to move away a few months later.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, selling your house to live somewhere else for just a year makes zero sense. Why not rent it out if you're really planning to return? I highly doubt they're ever going to move back to Iowa.

And a comments post from their blog:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind sharing what health problems? Are they life threatening? Prayers!

March 27, 2018 at 6:41 PM

The Bowers Clan said...

Chronic Bronchitis/Asthma. Iowa air is extremely dry and dusty and can be "life threatening" for him at times. Humidity/AL. air seems to help.

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And a comments post from their blog:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind sharing what health problems? Are they life threatening? Prayers!

March 27, 2018 at 6:41 PM

The Bowers Clan said...

Chronic Bronchitis/Asthma. Iowa air is extremely dry and dusty and can be "life threatening" for him at times. Humidity/AL. air seems to help.

How odd. You would think they would have figured that out just by visiting Iowa. Maybe they didn't realize it would get as bad as it did. 

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Bowers Clan said...

Didn't they move to IA from Idaho or something? It's not especially dry or dusty compared to where they used to live. Did he only develop his health issues recently?

How close to corn and soybean harvesting do they live?  Soybeans in particular can send up a heck of a dust cloud.  I have a friend in Iowa that has breathing issues related to the harvest.  I also of someone with a significant sunflower allergy and that grown as a crop and the harvesting causes life threatening issues.  

17 hours ago, clueliss said:

How close to corn and soybean harvesting do they live?  Soybeans in particular can send up a heck of a dust cloud.  I have a friend in Iowa that has breathing issues related to the harvest.  I also of someone with a significant sunflower allergy and that grown as a crop and the harvesting causes life threatening issues.  

I think very close. I think that the Bontragers actually raise some soybeans

Fun fact from my friend who is a prominent kidney transplant surgeon.   If you are in need of an organ, specifically a kidney, moving to Alabama is one of the best things you can do.  Apparently, they have the most organs per populace (you need to live within a certain travel distance of the hospital to get on the list) because of the drunk driving and other accidents.  The quality of the organs is usually not as good as other areas because of health care and smoking/drinking, but if you are desperate to live it is a reasonable tradeoff.    Steve Jobs was able to get on all the lists before he died because he was able to prove he could have a private jet at his disposal 24/7.  

So do we think the Boners duos will have a joint gender reveal? Of course they will have a joint baby shower, but they could also do a joint gender reveal since they are due around the same time.

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So do we think the Boners duos will have a joint gender reveal? Of course they will have a joint baby shower, but they could also do a joint gender reveal since they are due around the same time.

They probably will. 

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I spit out my coffee when I saw that.  Typo or not, this name is going to stick. :)

I think they will do everything in tandem.  Possibly also going into labor within hours of each other.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I spit out my coffee when I saw that.  Typo or not, this name is going to stick. :)

I think they will do everything in tandem.  Possibly also going into labor within hours of each other.

If the two cousins -to-be are same sex--they are going to be expected to be BFFs and have joint birthday parties from here to eternity. Maybe even have matching outfits for special occasions. Poor things. I hope they like each other.

On 3/26/2018 at 4:57 PM, HereticHick said:

DaFuk?  After living in Iowa less than two years, and renovating a farmhouse, the Bowers announce they are moving to Alabama:

http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/

Clearly there is medical stuff going on that they aren't telling us. 

Maybe Roy Moore hired them as his personal show choir .

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Ha, I've called them the Boners before. Just take the first three letters of the Bontragers and the last three letters of the Bowers and BAM, they are the Boners. It fits them well.

• 3 weeks later...

Right in the middle of pollen season in the South?

To everything there is a time; a purpose for every sneezing under heaven.  A time to hack, a time to cough.  A time for asthma, a time for crying.  A time to wish one had stayed in Iowa... 

- Ecclesiastes, Chapter XV, Verse The Second (Same as The First)

Josh Bontrager just posted a suck-up column about his father in law: http://joshuabontrager.com/2018/04/17/from-soap-suds-to-cinema-scripts-the-inspiring-story-of-curtis-bowers/#more-515

Mr. Bowers' winning $100,000 at the San Antonio Christian film fest might help explain how they could buy their house in Iowa

That van is definitely moving. Didn't fundies learn anything from the Mally's recent accident?! That tiny child will go flying if they slam on the breaks or get into an accident. 

IMG_8177.PNG

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That van is definitely moving. Didn't fundies learn anything from the Mally's recent accident?! That tiny child will go flying if they slam on the breaks or get into an accident.

I strongly assume that the only thing they've "learned" from the Mallys' accident is that the Lord will protect them. :pb_rollseyes:

Has anyone else noticed how many of Allison Bontrager's blog posts are just her suggesting a bunch of affiliate links for you to buy? Mother's day presents, makeup she likes, skirts she wears... I'm not opposed to people looking to potentially make money off their blogs, and sometimes lists of what people are currently buying is interesting, just surprised by how much of her content that is.

27 minutes ago, pandora said:

Has anyone else noticed how many of Allison Bontrager's blog posts are just her suggesting a bunch of affiliate links for you to buy? Mother's day presents, makeup she likes, skirts she wears... I'm not opposed to people looking to potentially make money off their blogs, and sometimes lists of what people are currently buying is interesting, just surprised by how much of her content that is.

Yeah it’s a lot. She probably gets paid or free stuff for doing it. I imagine she has a decent amount of fundie followers that will buy the stuff she suggests.

1 hour ago, pandora said:

I'm not opposed to people looking to potentially make money off their blogs, and sometimes lists of what people are currently buying is interesting, just surprised by how much of her content that is.

It's probably her "ministry."  See the Boyer Sisters.

Sorry if it's already been discussed but I went to look at her makeup blog post and came across her "what mr right is looking for in a wife:  the inside scoop from real men", who are, of course, her brothers. Puh-YUKE at the brother worship on her blog. She's almost as bad as the Morton girls. And puke again that the number one quality on her list was "honors her father." 

(And Puke one last time at the brother who mentioned he was glad his wife wasn't desperate even though "she didn't have a lot of options.")

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived