IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 2

Coconut Flan

Mrs. Bowers blogged about the births and it sounds like Cassidy may have had an epidural- she talks about her laboring overnight and says that with God's help and the midwife's advice there was a "slight change of course that helped Cassidy immensely", so good for Cass if she could change her birth plan to suit what was happening for her.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2018 at 6:17 PM, anjulibai said:

Wait, William Wallace is a Protestant hero now? And the English are bad? I'm super confused. 

Unknown to many today, Wallace was a Christian.

LMAO when I read Josh's blog entry on little Wally's name!   William Wallace was not a generic Christian but was likely an ebil CATHOLIC who was attended at his execution by an English archbishop!  Some historians believe he had been educated by Benedictine and Augustinian monks, and may have been a monk himself at one time.   Traditionalist Catholics have  attempted to have him canonized, comparing him to Joan of Arc.   Josh obviously didn't do his homework on this one.

Dear Sweet Rufus, this comment from Ma Bowers-- "I love this time that Curtis has given me to be here with our girls!."

You had to ask permission from your husband to go help your two oldest children deliver your first grandbabies?????

Also, as she states, the Bowers home in Iowa has now been sold.

Zillow says it sold for $297,000-- I recall that they were asking for $319,000.

But they had bought it in Oct 2016 for $180,000-- so they cleaned up!

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/1256-250th-St,-Keota,-IA-52248_rb/

“I love this time that Curtis has given me to be here with our girls!

^^^this made me roll my eyes. 

ETA: just noticed HH said the same thing! 

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

Joshua Bontrager is insufferable and I really feel sorry for his son. Normally I pity the girls born into these families, but his blog post about his NEWBORN son made me want to puke. So much pressure from day one!! This - again- shows that also boys suffer in these fundie environments. 

Cassidy seems like the typical submissive fundie princess who will adore whatever her boychild husband does and I bet she'll want to be pregnant again as soon as possible.

ETA: I'm glad they had a hospital birth and that Joshua didn't push her into home birth. He seems like the kind of guy that is so damn holy and close to JEEEEBUS that he feels superior to everybody and especially heathen scientist and doctors.

It seems like both family's are pushing so hard on that poor new born little boy I mean look at what Grandma Bower's wrote about baby Wally

Named for William Wallace and William Bradford, he spent his first 30 minutes of life in the free world observing all of us observing him. Not sure if he was planning a battle or a sermon, but he seemed to approve. Whew! :)

beside that I kind of had to laugh at points of that blog. the parts where Josh needed Carson to do the chores but nope they were both headed to the hospital and the whole cars flying past. 

What the hell is wrong with these people? They’re all awful!

“I love this time that Curtis has given me to be here with our girls!
^^^this made me roll my eyes. 
ETA: just noticed HH said the same thing! 

The same is with: “When I got there Carolina was pushing and had gone straight from the parking lot to delivery. Carson very sweetly let me join them...”

So... Carolina had no say in whether she wanted people around?

That‘s what you get when your brand of religion put the men on a pedestal and women just have to joyfully submit.

I re-read Joshua's loooong post about his sick expectations for his son and the origin of his name and it sounded a lot like the old Morton/Smith blog. He reminds me of the way Alan wrote back then. I don't want to imply anything else with this!! 

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

I re-read Joshua's loooong post about his sick expectations for his son and the origin of his name and it sounded a lot like the old Morton/Smith blog.

I got such a clear flashback of good ol' Peter Bradrick. When his first man child (Peter and Joshua both used the same expression!) Triumph Perseverance was born, he even created a small web page that explained the glorious and very Biblical meaning of this poor lil man child's name. I can't find it anymore, but Scott Brown's mother used to have a blog and she also wrote how Peter had prepared a full hour speech of the meaning of Triumph's name that he lectured to his family and friends. No kidding.

15 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I got such a clear flashback of good ol' Peter Bradrick. When his first man child (Peter and Joshua both used the same expression!) Triumph Perseverance was born, he even created a small web page that explained the glorious and very Biblical meaning of this poor lil man child's name. I can't find it anymore, but Scott Brown's mother used to have a blog and she also wrote how Peter had prepared a full hour speech of the meaning of Triumph's name that he lectured to his family and friends. No kidding.

Let’s hope Josh and Cass don’t end up like Peter and Kelly. 

The Bontragers do know VF people. They went to Doug’s dad’s funeral and posted about it on their blog years ago. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let’s hope Josh and Cass don’t end up like Peter and Kelly. 

That's my sincere wish as well. 

By the way, I did find Grandma Mary Brown's old neglected blog and the very post about Triumph's name: http://browns-journal.blogspot.com/2007/07/

Of course, "Each boy and man was asked to lay hands on Triumph and lift him up in prayer." Never mind the mother of this child, or his grandma, or aunts.

I fucking HATE patriarchy :pulling_hair:

On 7/20/2018 at 6:19 AM, Smash! said:

The same is with: “When I got there Carolina was pushing and had gone straight from the parking lot to delivery. Carson very sweetly let me join them...”

So... Carolina had no say in whether she wanted people around?

That‘s what you get when your brand of religion put the men on a pedestal and women just have to joyfully submit.

Ugh and this also reminds me of the Morton’s/Smith’s - remember that post where addie waxed lyrical about just how proud they were of Wesley for making the decision to take Rachel to the hospital when her birth was going poorly ...like uh how about they ask Rachel if she’d like to go to the hospital? How is that Wesley’s decision, unless she was unconscious? (Which she was not) 

Anyone else read Joshua Bontrager's newest blog post on children as arrows in a quiver? I find this part pretty chilling (in a spoiler because I was unsure how to add a quote box):

How would the world be changed if we Christian's opened ourselves up to God’s blessing of children and intentionally trained and discipled the next generation?

Like the Egyptians of old, maybe the pagans today would wake up realizing that we were more powerful than they (Exodus 1:9).

Exodus 1 is kind of a weird one to choose? Like sure, eventually God sends plagues on the Egyptians and helps the Israelites escape. But Exodus 1 is all about the Israelites multiplying so fast that the Egyptians decide the best course of action is to brutally enslave them and kill all their male babies. Is that really what Joshua is hoping happens to his own family and his fellow fundies?

I will say one thing for Joshie B.  He's a good hate read.

Children are the greatest weapon in God’s arsenal, designed to prick Satan’s warriors and to advance God’s kingdom. To us he has entrusted the sacred responsibility of receiving and discipling them. May we pray that we would view children as He views them–as incredible blessings.

Insufferable little squit.  I'd like to prick the bombastic balloon of his arrogance. 

I wonder whether ChelseyRenee has some news for us.  In the comments she says (my bolding):

I’m changing my favorite posts from last one to this one. =) So good…I give a hearty AMEN to everything you said! So blessed by our legacy of blessing, and so honored for the opportunity to carry that on for generations to come!
Also these pictures are adorable!!

This girl looks familiar. But I can’t quite place her. She could be a match for Denver. He could marry in the next year. Joshua was 20 when he married Cass so the Bond aren’t against young marriage. Plus Denver has Bible Bee money. So he can afford to marry young better than a lot of fundies. 

7803AD9F-8744-4D34-904B-0ACC5A817179.jpeg

Catching up on the Bowers blog post about the babies and births, there are some adorable photos there! I was confused at first because I looked at the Bontragers blog and didn't see the descriptions of the births others were mentioning.

What the heck does Ma Boweres mean by this?:

On Sunday morning, Lina was on her porch, breathing through some good contractions (hallelujah!) and finding her focal point. At this time it was a little green cornstalk in the field. Very Lina. :)

They apparently had the same midwife who was possibly going to be delivering them on the same day, that must have been crazy overwhelming for that midwife! She was probably happy Lina gave birth so quickly. And rooms next door to each other!

I can't side-eye the "Carson letting me in" thing too much because when I was in the throes of labor and focused on pushing and contractions my husband was the one who "let" my mother in - he had been on the phone with her and other family giving updates and helped her find her way into the hospital and the delivery room. I did let him know that I was okay with her coming in but otherwise he was the one who communicated that to her so she probably also thought he was the one who allowed her in.

We don't know if the "slight change of course" was an epidural or a vacuum or having her water broken for her or forceps or a c-section or what.

Also this photo could be so much cuter if it wasn't for that stupid gigantic fucking bow:

image.png.c6ec5d4bdb2a1d7f196424b81680183f.png

31 minutes ago, freethemall said:

What the heck does Ma Boweres mean by this?

It means that Carolina literally stared at a cornstalk during contractions. Visually focusing on something helps with pain, but I don't know why a little green cornstalk was "very Lina". It was a weird sentence. 

19 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I wonder whether ChelseyRenee has some news for us.  In the comments she says (my bolding): 

I’m changing my favorite posts from last one to this one. =) So good…I give a hearty AMEN to everything you said! So blessed by our legacy of blessing, and so honored for the opportunity to carry that on for generations to come!

Not sure this is a veiled announcement, but it does indicate she wants a big family and possibly not use any BC.

Someone a while ago mentioned meeting Chelsey and having the feeling she and John were leaving the fold ("pulling a Doug Phillips" - bad comparison). Well that person's impression is way off. This is Chelsy's favorite post from Josh, and it's explicitly about passing down their parent's beliefs to their own offspring.

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

It means that Carolina literally stared at a cornstalk during contractions. Visually focusing on something helps with pain, but I don't know why a little green cornstalk was "very Lina". It was a weird sentence.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok now that I re-read it it makes more sense. I was so confused.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Plus Denver has Bible Bee money. So he can afford to marry young better than a lot of fundies. 

I know you are serious, but I laughed and laughed for like 15 minutes about this. 

29 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I know you are serious, but I laughed and laughed for like 15 minutes about this. 

Don’t worry I understand why it’s funny! There are so many odd fundie things we’ve all gotten used to here on FJ. Occasionally I have to remind myself how utterly absurd some of these fundie norms are. 

On 7/24/2018 at 12:30 PM, singsingsing said:

Exodus 1 is kind of a weird one to choose? Like sure, eventually God sends plagues on the Egyptians and helps the Israelites escape. But Exodus 1 is all about the Israelites multiplying so fast that the Egyptians decide the best course of action is to brutally enslave them and kill all their male babies. Is that really what Joshua is hoping happens to his own family and his fellow fundies?

Fundies seem to read the Bible  and take away "God likes my kind of Christian." Any details and the context of the actual stories are lost on them. If it's in the Bible, it's Jesus-approved as a name for your kid. 

Josh sounds like a dick. All this MY SON IS A FREEDOM FIGHTER crap... LOL shut up, dumbass. He makes the Duggars look sane.

DWreck might be a jerk, but out of all the Duggar spouses/in-laws he seems to be the worst. JinJer/Joystin/JoKen etc seem quite private on social media; possibly they see what DWreck does and decide to keep themselves to themselves, with the occasional anti-abortion post or whatever. Their beliefs are abhorrent, sure, but I do give them some props for not making themselves dicks on social media (Derdick aside).

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived