IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 2

Coconut Flan

This is very surprising to me. I would have guessed at least Ma Bontrager would want to travel home to see the babies and then travel back to the touring family. I’m guessing she (and Allison) wouldn’t wait that long if it was Chelsy having a baby. 

6DE17B46-98AE-4145-87A0-7164EA8159AD.jpeg

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh, the Thirdth.

Remember, remember the thirdth of September.

And what does it mean to say "hayrides, games & fellowship"  or "volleyball & fellowship"?  Is "fellowship" an organized event in this context, or does it just mean "hanging out"?

PS As for Ma Bontrager not going to help out--that surprises me too. Ma Bowers said she was going, and perhaps their Aunt Pandy as well. But with TWO new mothers to care for, you'd think there would be work enough for all--and the remaining Bowers daughters aren't old enough to be helpful.  I really do suspect some sort of rift between the Bontrager and Bowers parents.  They seemed to fall out of being BFFs as quickly as they fell in.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:52 AM, hollyandivy said:

I can't believe she is still traveling. And they are in Canada right now, I highly doubt they have any kind of heath insurance that would cover them there!

Doesn't our* kindly northern neighbor offer socialized medicine to all, even visitors, which would cover the moms-to-be if one or both go into labor while up in Canada?

*mine and the Bontagers' kindly northern neighbor, that is...

21 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Doesn't our* kindly northern neighbor offer socialized medicine to all, even visitors, which would cover the moms-to-be if one or both go into labor while up in Canada?

*mine and the Bontagers' kindly northern neighbor, that is...

No. Since they’re not residents, they’d be treated of course but if they don’t have travellers insurance they’d have to pay for it out of pocket. Otherwise there’d be nothing stopping Americans from using our health care system without living here or paying taxes.

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

No. Since they’re not residents, they’d be treated of course but if they don’t have travellers insurance they’d have to pay for it out of pocket. Otherwise there’d be nothing stopping Americans from using our health care system without living here or paying taxes.

I have heard of traveling to different countries for surgeries. I think everyone has heard of going to Mexico. But there are even more countries some people may travel to in order to have a cheaper surgery. If you don’t have insurance then you can comparison shop some countries. Even taking airfare and hotel price into consideration, it can be cheaper to have a procedure done in another country compared to the US. 

Josh and Cassidy had the baby this morning, Josh just posted on his instagram

Wallace Bradford 

And Josh just posted a video reciting scripture to the baby. Poor kid, he could’nt even have a day without his father preaching to him 

That's so very Serena Joy reciting scripture to June's unborn baby no? Wallace Bradford...did they consult Peter Bradrick for the most Protestant name ever?

47 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

That's so very Serena Joy reciting scripture to June's unborn baby no? Wallace Bradford...did they consult Peter Bradrick for the most Protestant name ever?

The Bontragers do name their boys after well known Christians in history that they tend to admire. So his name doesn’t surprise me. 

It’s funny how Chelsy and Allison both blog about being close with family members and making time for them. Yet both Bontrager parents and 6 of the children will not be seeing the first 2 grandchildren for another 3 weeks. And we will see how soon Chelsy makes the trip. Basically the couples having babies only have Mitch and Bryn to come and visit them both right away. I bet the Bowers family will visit sooner than the Bontragers. 

6 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

No. Speaking from experience, Americans (and other non residents) will be charged.  Of course emergencies will be treated but be prepared to pay.

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

“Labor Day, September 3th”

:5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

501C2D6E-E3A8-4CC4-BC91-0ECD28F99BE4.jpeg

Anyone else find it odd they used Chelsea's wedding as their picture?

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Anyone else find it odd they used Chelsea's wedding as their picture?

probably the newest picture they have of the whole family. can't be easy getting that clan together regularly with so many married now. 

Does anyone have info on the (likely) inspiration for the name?  A cursory google gives me John Bradford, english martyr, but I can't figure out an obvious reference for Wallace.

6 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Does anyone have info on the (likely) inspiration for the name?  A cursory google gives me John Bradford, english martyr, but I can't figure out an obvious reference for Wallace.

So John Bradford, or possibly  Puritan William Bradford? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bradford_(Plymouth_Colony_governor)

Possibly this modern Calvinist?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Warner_Wallace 

And possibly William Wallace? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace 

[as an aside, white supremacists loooove William Wallace]

I'm just going to guess that Josh is embracing his inner bigotry and naming the kid after George Wallace. : )[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace--although I do acknowlege that Wallace saw the evil of his ways in the end]

I'm please to see that it looks like it wasn't a home (or tour bus) birth.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm just going to guess that Josh is embracing his inner bigotry and naming the kid after George Wallace. : )[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace--although I do acknowlege that Wallace saw the evil of his ways in the end]

I'm being wayyyyyy too optimistic here but since they're in Iowa, it could be a nod to Henry Wallace-- agricultural pioneer, New Deal statesman, and all-around cool dude. It's almost certainly not, though.

Jubilee Katherine was born July 15th, less than12 hours before her double first cousin Wallace. It’s on the Bontrager blog.

519A8F91-8987-40B7-B307-D7AACDD7BB6B.jpeg

Jubilee? Oh dear. I would vastly prefer that to be a middle name.

Enjoy your joint birthday celebrations till the end of time, Wally and Jubie!!

Jeez these 2 couples can’t have a milestone that’s just for themselves!

I’m now curious about when each of them will have their 2nd child

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Jubilee? Oh dear. I would vastly prefer that to be a middle name.

Enjoy your joint birthday celebrations till the end of time, Wally and Jubie!!

They got lucky that they actually got their own birthDAY being born less than 12 hours apart. 

Katherine is Lina’s middle name. I would also prefer Katherine Jubilee but I guess it could be a million times worse (Heistheway). Maybe they will call her Bilee.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So John Bradford, or possibly  Puritan William Bradford? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bradford_(Plymouth_Colony_governor)

Possibly this modern Calvinist?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Warner_Wallace 

And possibly William Wallace? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace 

[as an aside, white supremacists loooove William Wallace]

I'm please to see that it looks like it wasn't a home (or tour bus) birth.

I don't ~think~ it can be THE William Wallace, given how far he predates the reformation. I have tentatively settled on Bill Wallace, as a likely source, but it seems a little obscure - I was thinking there must be some sort of protestant big gun named Wallace, since the Mortons also have a grandson named Wallace iirc.

2 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I don't ~think~ it can be THE William Wallace, given how far he predates the reformation. I have tentatively settled on Bill Wallace, as a likely source, but it seems a little obscure - I was thinking there must be some sort of protestant big gun named Wallace, since the Mortons also have a grandson named Wallace iirc.

I think Wallace is a family name for the Smiths/Mortons.

It’s possible they just like the name Wallace. Or I suppose it could be a family name. Joshua’s middle name is Maxwell. Too bad he didn’t name him Maxwell Bontrager. That would’ve been kind of funny.

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s possible they just like the name Wallace. Or I suppose it could be a family name. Joshua’s middle name is Maxwell. Too bad he didn’t name him Maxwell Bontrager. That would’ve been kind of funny.

Since Carson is named after Trump cabinet member and pyramid expert Dr. Ben Carson, I was hoping for a baby named after another well-known Bontrager family hero, Sen. Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz

I wonder how the Duggars feel about the newest Bontrager being named Jubilee. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived