IGNORED

Maxwell 19: Life is Still Boring

Coconut Flan

@MamaJunebug, after you'd posted that link to Ben and Erin Napier's site the other day, I subscribed to their mailing list and also took a good look through their store.  They had a forged iron dachsie bootscraper which I "need" for my house.  I also noticed a complete lack of anything galvanized in the store.  I don't get why Joanna Gaines is so enamored of galvanized steel.

Their baby looked adorable in her bunny ears and they had Waffle House for breakfast.  Ben, I suppose, had picked up a take out order.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Puddle-splashing as a planned, supervised activity...I hope they remembered to document everything.

Yet it really looked like F*N and I'm always happy for the kids when they are allowed to be kids!

9 hours ago, socalrules said:

I will say that I always enjoyed a good puddle jump as a kid. 

I still enjoy puddle jumps and I hope I'll always will. I'm turning 30 in autumn.

On 4/2/2018 at 7:32 PM, OhNoNike said:

If not the rapture, I see it like this. The park visit was scheduled from 1:34-2:36.  The photo was taken at 2:30.

I missed her classic “_____ going on here!” caption in this post.  Ex: “Eating going on here!”, “Puddle splashing going on here!”

Never occurred to me before this, but PSarah has to be infinitely more bored with her writing topics than all of us put  together!

Poor, Poor Sarah! 

We got to see the thawed and refrozen ground beef again in the newest recipe post! Still waiting for that pizza cutter tip.

Her soup recipe sounds terrible to me. 

11 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Her soup recipe sounds terrible to me. 

I simmer - not boil - vegetables, and I always sautee onions before adding them to the soup. But I'm a pants wearing heathen who did a lot more than just kiss my husband before we got married, so what do I know?

51 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

I simmer - not boil - vegetables, and I always sautee onions before adding them to the soup. But I'm a pants wearing heathen who did a lot more than just kiss my husband before we got married, so what do I know?

You kissed and held hands?!?! 

3 hours ago, nomoxian said:

I'm not a big fan of broth-y soups - I prefer cream soups (made from scratch, of course, not canned) but the few times I do bother I simmer the veg and don't boil them to death.  As far as dumping cooked ground beef into a soup - nope, no way.  I hate the way the broth gets all cloudy and disgusting looking.  I put shredded or chopped leftover meat or actual bite sized chunks of whatever raw meat I'm using and let it simmer away for 30 minutes or more until cooked through.  Or use a slow cooker, which is even easier.

I not only kissed his hands, I kissed his legs. All three of them!

As for cooking meat in soup, you don't need broth if you cook the chicken in the water. Why go to the trouble of cooking the meat beforehand and then putting it into a pot of boiling broth? The Maxwells like to complicate things just for the sake of making more buzy work.

Even the Maxwells are bored with their blog. Their posting "clean out the freezer" soup today. That's what it sounds like. I don't think it sounds bag--I've made many such soups in lean times. But as a blog post? Not really.  Isn't it time for some Maxhell hipster to call a work party [love their cool lingo] and get a house ready for the unmarried brother?  Aren't there any precious nonagenarians to hold captive minister to? Nothing to clean? No manly "all boy" comments to make?

i would think that soup made with precooked meats and frozen vegetables doesn't need to be made a full day ahead of time.  they could have thawed the broth, then added everything else and let it simmer for an hour before serving.  

and what "other seasonings" did they use?  

21 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Even the Maxwells are bored with their blog. Their posting "clean out the freezer" soup today. That's what it sounds like. I don't think it sounds bag--I've made many such soups in lean times. But as a blog post? Not really.  Isn't it time for some Maxhell hipster to call a work party [love their cool lingo] and get a house ready for the unmarried brother?  Aren't there any precious nonagenarians to hold captive minister to? Nothing to clean? No manly "all boy" comments to make?

I think they are absolutely inspiring! They make my life look exciting. Watch me pondering whatever's in the pantry and then the leftovers. Watch me fixing my ancient car. Watch me taking the paper off my cheese before I eat it! And then turn it into a legendary, hilarious story for my family!

The Maxwells make my life look exciting, and the most exciting thing that's happened to me today, was that I left myself Oreos next to my workstation. And I don't even like them all that much- the Oreos or the Maxwells, who knows? But, go ahead, Maxwells, make my life look exciting!

P.S.: In my next post about the Maxwells, I may just tell you how I really feel about their blog...expect boredom! :)

14 minutes ago, catlady said:

i would think that soup made with precooked meats and frozen vegetables doesn't need to be made a full day ahead of time.  they could have thawed the broth, then added everything else and let it simmer for an hour before serving.  

Ah, for that you’ll have to buy the recipe book. Maxwells only give so much for free, ya know!  

11 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Ah, for that you’ll have to buy the recipe book. Maxwells only give so much for free, ya know!  

i shudder to think what "Cooking in Maxhell" might contain.  page one would be that four-day-old casserole.  they probably have a recipe for cereal--

• take a dry-goods measuring cup and measure 3/4 cup corn flakes; do not use frosted flakes or any flavored variety.  place in medium-sized soup bowl.
  • then take a glass measuring cup and measure 1/3 cup milk; keep this accurate, because too much milk might be f*n or interesting.  combine with cereal.
  • consume with a standard spoon.
  • wash measuring cups, bowl, and spoon immediately; delay will make Jesus angry.

32 minutes ago, catlady said:

Garlic salt.  Not fresh garlic, not a bay leaf, just garlic salt.  

8 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Garlic salt.  Not fresh garlic, not a bay leaf, just garlic salt.  

What is with the Maxwells and garlic salt? Teri also dumped a bunch of garlic salt on the rice-ham gravy-80 day old pork fiasco. There are a crap ton of other options available. MyDoggos put two options in the same sentence! How is it that garlic salt is the only thing going into all these pork combinations? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived