IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 5: Still No Trial Update: He Plead Guilty

DaisyD

Go read Bret's latest. My tablet is having tantrums & won't paste copied links.

More from his golden child and more of his own disturbed whining-jabbing his other kids.

It's all very sick. Even from those it's expected of, it reaches new levels of horror.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 4

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

It's all very sick. Even from those it's expected of, it reaches new levels of horror.

Yuck. Bret says that "The infilling of the Holy Spirit, on the other hand, leads to a love for those who have abused us, forgiving others as we desire to be forgiven by God."  And then Alan says he's asking the spirit for "power to serve and do the things that need to be done -- being a husband, father, brother, friend." It could not be more clear that the ONLY thing they want out of this situation is for pedophile Alan to be accepted seamlessly back into his old family life.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 2

Wow. Wow just wow! Doesn't he realize that Katie divorced him, moved to the Morton compound and moved on with her life? She looks better than ever and I'm so glad that she, unlike other fundie women we know of, didn't stick with her abusive husband.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Really hope that Alan's arrest & conviction have also resulted in other official oversight of Bret & Jacqueline and especially the children they're still responsible for.

Would love to know that CPS or its equivalent has its collective eye upon them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

You can forgive AND protect your family by not giving the abuser another chance to abuse.

Fundies, and clearly the Smith clan particularly, have a very skewed version of forgiveness. Forgiveness is, by definition, an act by and for the victim of a wrong. It's what a person does for themselves; to stop feeling negatively or angrily. Forgiving has absolutely nothing to do with the person who perpetrated the wrong and everything to do with the one(s) wronged.

Bret seems to think it means life goes on as before with no consequences. Apparently, in his world, a person can do any damn thing they want and damn the consequences. 

His pride is so hurt he can't see anything beyond his own ego. And it seems Alan is a clone of his father, sitting in prison whining about not being a husband and father, even though he is the one who hurt his family......it's all so boggling and to be honest, infuriating. 

That's what happens when people hide behind their god for their every deed. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Brett must be drooling over how the Duggars dealt with their abuser son's actions. It's his perfect scenario:

They kept with it within the Church rather than reporting to authorities, forced everyone to forgive him, successfully swept the abuse under the rug for years, and when shit really hit the fan, he hid in "rehab" while his wife and kids stayed at the Duggar compound, patiently waiting for reconciliation. 

The Mortons are a different breed than the cultish Smiths and Duggars, who think so highly of themselves that their offspring can do no wrong. The Mortons are the epitome of gun-loving, bible-thumping, government-hating Southern folk, and those people will point a gun at your face if you attack in the slightest way their women or children. I have not doubt whatsoever that they communicated "murderous intent" towards Allan, as Brett mentioned.

As someone else mentioned earlier, I wonder how both families would have dealt with the situation had the roles been reversed and one of the Morton men been the abuser. Part of me feels like Brett would NOT be advocating for reconciliation but I don't know to what extent the Morton clan would turn against one of their own. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Really hope that Alan's arrest & conviction have also resulted in other official oversight of Bret & Jacqueline and especially the children they're still responsible for.

Would love to know that CPS or its equivalent has its collective eye upon them.

I would bet money that's why the younger Smiths are now in school.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

Gross. Question - is what alan’s done enough to lose him his parental rights? Bc I have a feeling the answer is “no” and as soon as he’s out of prison (not too long from now) Katie will be forced to allow visitation and might even have to defend her custodial rights. In which case I say to her, there’s a perfectly good Morton compound in Paraguay she might want to consider moving to. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

If his parental rights haven't been revoked then I hope beyond hope that prior to his release from prison, Katie packs up those kids and heads to Paraguay and lives her life with her family there.

I would love to read a psychological evaluation of Bret. He's as dangerous as his son.

He speaks of a false zeal for righteousness.

I think he means "protect innocent children from a vile pedophile and the Father who defends and excuses his behavior."

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Did Cap'n delete his facebook? I see Jackie, and she says he's in the hospital for heart issues. Such a shame...

• WTF 1

21 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Did Cap'n delete his facebook? I see Jackie, and she says he's in the hospital for heart issues. Such a shame...

His Facebook is still there but she posts about that a lot or at least she used to. It always sounded like they only sort of followed medical advice but were surprised he wasn't doing better.

• Thank You 1

Yeah, his FB is still there. He's had heart issues for several years and has issues pretty often from that. What Jacquie posted today was a recap of the weekend and pictures posted indicate he's his same self since then. Eating crap, evil running through his veins, no doubt whining and feeling victimized by the world. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

And, poor, persecuted, righteous Bret is whining again. Anyone surprised? 

Excerpt from his latest....

As I continue to see loved ones caught in the snare of those who teach false doctrines that bear the fruit of self-righteousness, hatred, bitterness, anger, lies, slander, and much more, I am tempted to despair. But yesterday I stared death in the face.

and

I give praise to God my Father who has freed me from the trap of self-righteousness that was set for me. I do not have to worry about my loved ones whose feet are still held fast in the trap. 

Apparently, he can also cut off someone's ear and because Jesus loves him, he (Jesus) will put the ear back. 

The irony is strong. He rails against "self righteousness" but he is a living, breathing, walking, talking ball of just that. 

I think maybe he's having a break down. After years & years of being the all powerful Bret Smith, his world crumbled and he has no clue at all how to function. Normally, I'd be worried about people in such a spiral, but for him, karma is a biotch. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 11/14/2018 at 9:20 AM, VVV said:

I would bet money that's why the younger Smiths are now in school.

When Alan gets released won’t he go on a sex offenders registry and be restricted from coming x number feet of children or schools?  If so would this prevent him from returning to the house or have visitation with his biological children?  

Will he have a parole hearing? Will anyone have an opportunity to express a concern about his release?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

Will anyone have an opportunity to express a concern about his release?  

Would certainly hope that this is the case.

Any judge or probation board or whoever should be made aware that Alan's parents are especially unsuited for providing oversight of any kind, given their public record of victim-bashing and coddling the predator.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

When Alan gets released won’t he go on a sex offenders registry and be restricted from coming x number feet of children or schools?  If so would this prevent him from returning to the house or have visitation with his biological children?  

Will he have a parole hearing? Will anyone have an opportunity to express a concern about his release?  

With the incest charge on his record, most likely he will be barred from contact with his children especially since Katie has broken away. I've had students whose parents stay together despite charges like this, and they are forced by CPS to separate (sometimes even legally and not just in different dwellings) in order to maintain custody. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

On 11/14/2018 at 12:52 PM, Nikedagain? said:

What heart?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

IIRC he has been treated for heart issues before. 

All the hate and self-righteousness must go somewhere. Maybe his heart just had enough of his bullshit.

• Upvote 3

The prick actually calls his children ( I presume he means the older girls, not the rapist Alen) “sinners” and in need of repentance. The hubris of this man is astounding. 

• Upvote 10

I just read that disgusting piece of self righteous psycho babble he spews. Talk about justifying your own actions. That man doesn't embody the idea of Christ, he wields it like a weapon to beat other people with.  I'd be really interested to know what kind of psychological evaluation would show about the Captain.

I can only imagine the level of emotional and mental abuse Katie and her children suffered at the hands of this man and his son for all of those years. If she doesn't have PTSD I'd be stunned.

Those men are both walking wastes of human flesh.

I hope she never has to to have any contact with either of them ever again in her or her children's lifetimes.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1