Wallace, 19

Joshua, 16

Yerik, 16

Sitara, about 15-16

Madisen, 15 

Gavido, about 13

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the "we are good christians and the evil government is harassing us" - card at some point.

• Upvote 3

Ha. Yeah, having a real hard time believing that the parents who refused to re-evaluate anything about their lives when their son was locked up for child molestation suddenly saw the light on education. Someone external has to be forcing this. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Ha. Yeah, having a real hard time believing that the parents who refused to re-evaluate anything about their lives when their son was locked up for child molestation suddenly saw the light on education. Someone external has to be forcing this. 

As someone who has spent 2 decades in the legal system doing child advocacy, I would bet a year's salary that external legal forces are behind the switch. 

ETA: Just saw the "lurking since yuku" under my name.  It's funny because it's true!

Edited by caitrona
add a funny
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

How old were the older Smith girls when they were married off?  I'm really wondering if they ever planned to find a Godly Husband for Madara, or if they intended her to look after them in her old age.

Damn, I hope their ideas about no-touch Courtships with people their children barely know, and their sons only being allowed to work for their parents/in-laws have gone the way of the homeschooling...

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Lurky said:

How old were the older Smith girls when they were married off?  I'm really wondering if they ever planned to find a Godly Husband for Madara, or if they intended her to look after them in her old age.

Damn, I hope their ideas about no-touch Courtships with people their children barely know, and their sons only being allowed to work for their parents/in-laws have gone the way of the homeschooling...

Kressant was 19, Rachel was 18, and Bethany was 21. Madara is currently about 22, so it's possible, but I suspect your latter guess is more likely. Plus, does anyone even respect the Smiths enough to deal with Bret's bullshit anymore? Maybe she'll meet someone nice and normal at her job. One can only hope. Anything to get out of that house.

Edited by albireo
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Captn’ Bret posted another letter from pedophile Alan (September 13) this one is about evangelism in the Church. He signed it Shalom from your servant in Jesus Christ Alan Smith. 

Is he now a fake Jew as well? 

Disgusting.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

And it looks like he turned off the comment section. Normally there is some kind of disgusting celebration of Alan or a dispute going on in the comments when he posts something like this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I particularly love Jaqueline's adorable helpful hints for the kitchen. Recently she suggested that one should use a spatula to get every morsel of the cream of chicken soup out of the can. 

That's real. She did that y'all. Wrote it in a post. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 15
  • Love 3

Jacqueline seems to spend a lot of time making asinine Facebook posts. If there's a sale on flour at her local dollar general or if she gets caught in traffic on her way home, she'll let everyone know. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

I particularly love Jaqueline's adorable helpful hints for the kitchen. Recently she suggested that one should use a spatula to get every morsel of the cream of chicken soup out of the can. 

OFFS. That woman could learn a lot from my mother about frugality. Sure, you start with a spatula, but then you fill the can 1/3 full with water, put your hand over the top and shake the shit out of it. Same with ketchup. You can make that apparently empty bottle of ketchup last another month or two just by adding some water and shake that mo-fo. Yeah, it's crappy, watery, and gross, but you're not gonna' throw out that perfectly good teaspoon of ketchup, are you?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

She and Teri Maxwell should have a cooking show together. Or a Christian Homemaking blog.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, DangerNoodle said:

I feel so bad for their non incarcerated children. And so thankful I'm free from religious nonsense. 

20181027_122250_rmedited.jpg

Boy am I glad your daughters haven’t “woken up.” And I’m very glad the younger children are able to attend school. Maybe they can get the fuck out of that shit family once and for all. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

If I could tell "Captain" Bret one thing it would be that you can forgive someone but not have a relationship with them.

The people that were wronged could very well have forgiven him in their minds, but also think it's best if everyone goes their separate ways.

And his grandkids are going to grow up knowing that he talked shit on Facebook about their parents. He can't possibly think that publicly shaming them into reconciliation is going to be effective. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Holy shit!!! That is heinous.

(However, if you're calling your own kids the children of the devil, does that make you... the devil???)

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Love 6

On 10/27/2018 at 9:25 AM, DangerNoodle said:

I feel so bad for their non incarcerated children. And so thankful I'm free from religious nonsense. 

This is just sick! I’ve mentioned it before, my husband was sexually abused as a child, I will never forgive the adult male that did this to him, never! In fact I wish a life of suffering unto them. It almost destroyed my husband’s life ( suicidal depression, alcoholism, self-loathing, etc.). He is a wonderful gentle man and great father  who is in recovery but him going through this process and going through it with him was hell. 

Edited by Mrs. Bean
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • Love 10

Rachel is in town for her brother in law, John’s wedding. That’s probably why the Cap is so pissy. His daughter is in the country and she probably won’t be visiting the Smiths. Good for her. 

2EC6431C-25B1-4183-BE6E-1DF1336D5568.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

He's disgusting. I hope all of the Smith kids get the fuck out of there and don't have contact with them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I have nothing good to say about Alan/the Captain Bret + wife BUT I'm not sure if the Mortons are so much more enlightened. Adeline recently made a post supportive of Kavanaugh implying that the accusers all had an agenda. In typical fundie fashion she was entirely oblivious to how hard it would have been for Katie had no one believed or supported her. I think the reason they supported Katie was not because it was the right thing to do but because she was one of their's. I doubt they would move one millimetre to support another woman who came forward with a story of abuse - even if the evidence was irrefutable.

edited: fixed the last sentence

Edited by browngrl
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, browngrl said:

I have nothing good to say about Alan/the Captain Bret + wife BUT I'm not sure if the Mortons are so much more enlightened. Adeline recently made a post supportive of Kavanaugh implying that the accusers all had an agenda. In typical fundie fashion she was entirely oblivious to how hard it would have been for Katie had no one believed or supported her. I think the reason they supported Katie was not because it was the right thing to do but because she was one of their's. I doubt they would move one millimetre to support another woman who came forward with a story of abuse - even if the evidence was irrefutable.

Oh no the Morton’s are heinous too. However I will say the Smiths basically took their shit to another level while defending their son. And I am just glad the Smorton grandchildren are away from the Smiths and Alan because Alan is dangerous and I can see the Smiths allowing him to be around any child because he’s repented. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, browngrl said:

The Mortons are awful but the Smiths are another level of trash.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 10/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, DangerNoodle said:

I sincerely hope this scum bag isn't sending this sort of message to Alan's victims. It's up to them to decide if, and when, they forgive the person who perpetrated such heinous acts against them, not the Captain. Also, the bit about Brett Kavanaugh insinuates that the child or children who presumably told an adult what was going on aren't to be believed. It's disgusting enough to do that to any victim of a crime, let alone your own grandchildren. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2