IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 5: Still No Trial Update: He Plead Guilty

DaisyD

9 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Can you explain a bit more about what his being African American has to do with anything? It seems like the common thread of Huckabee-influenced easier sentences had a lot to do with proclaiming Christianity, not race.

VVV was asking what color/ race “these born-again criminals” were. I wrote to her/him that I don’t know about others and know about one that was the local murder. I don’t think it has anything to do with color of the person but rather who was more convincing about their conversion to the “right” branch of Christianity.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

@neurogirl if you're interested in combining information, I put together a S'Morton summary for the site for @Curious a while back; I can PM you with it if you want.

Edited by albireo
fixed tag
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Can you explain a bit more about what his being African American has to do with anything? It seems like the common thread of Huckabee-influenced easier sentences had a lot to do with proclaiming Christianity, not race.

Because incarceration in the United States is a major point of racial discrimination and the politics surrounding crime and sentencing have always been racially charged, to say the least. Look up "Willie Horton" for some background.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, apandaaries said:

I think the presumption was that a white man would have been more likely to receive clemency, but it seems the Jesus card trumps color.  A cynical person would say that the white criminal would have already received clemency at his sentencing.

• Upvote 7

@Palimpsest and @Bethella Wow that's amazing!!! 

The Kendall family had a blog and Kendall Wesley Morton was born 1/15/2014. (http://ckkendall.blogspot.com/2014/01/kendall-wesley-morton-is-here.html?view=magazine)

I have Dorothy Morton Sanders' birthday as 2/19/1990. (http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/04/dorothy-and-edwins-birthday.html)

And Michael Morton Sr's birthday as 8/25/1952. (http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2012/08/happy-birthday-to-our-daddy.html)

And Jackson Lee's birthday as 7/31/2016 but thats from FJ reports around that time.

@albireo Yes let's combine info!

• Upvote 3

Katie and the kids look well cared for and happy, I'm glad they don't have that monster in their lives anymore. I just wish his sentence was the same as the one Toby Willis received. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Katie and the kids look well cared for and happy, I'm glad they don't have that monster in their lives anymore. I just wish his sentence was the same as the one Toby Willis received. 

Agree, prior to divorce she looked perpetually exhausted, kids looked not exactly Dickenson but rough. Living on the rasor edge of poverty with useless provider does that to the family.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, neurogirl said:

@Palimpsest and @Bethella Wow that's amazing!!! 

The Kendall family had a blog and Kendall Wesley Morton was born 1/15/2014. (http://ckkendall.blogspot.com/2014/01/kendall-wesley-morton-is-here.html?view=magazine)

I have Dorothy Morton Sanders' birthday as 2/19/1990. (http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/04/dorothy-and-edwins-birthday.html)

And Michael Morton Sr's birthday as 8/25/1952. (http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2012/08/happy-birthday-to-our-daddy.html)

And Jackson Lee's birthday as 7/31/2016 but thats from FJ reports around that time.

@albireo Yes let's combine info!

All of those are right except Jackson was 7/30/16.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 5/20/2018 at 1:05 AM, neurogirl said:

This picture is Katie's cover photo from last November. I don't think its been shown on these threads before. She and the kids look healthy and happy. 

I've also gone through every. single. blog post made by the Mortons and stalked instagrams and facebook to put together a cheat sheet on them...but I have no birth years for the oldest Morton kids. Michael Sr and Jeanine Morton were married in 1982, then came Michael Jr, Katie, William Cleveland, and Wesley, before #5 Dorothy in 1990, Adeline 1991, Martha 1993, Andrew 1995, Sam 1996, no birth year for John, then Edwin 2001 and Paul 2003. If anyone has the other birth years I would be very grateful!

Her one daughter looks just like Kressant's Isabella.

I have 89 for Wesley but not sure where I got that from. Something around the wedding perhaps? 

• Upvote 2

On 5/20/2018 at 9:11 PM, Mrs. Bean said:

Agree, prior to divorce she looked perpetually exhausted, kids looked not exactly Dickenson but rough. Living on the rasor edge of poverty with useless provider does that to the family.

She looks so much better than before. Not being constantly pregnant and living in poverty really show! And I guess being a single mom isn't much different to her life before since I don't see Alan helping out with homeschooling, house duties or taking care of the kids. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, albireo said:

In Smith updates, Madara has a job at a grocery store called Ingles: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj998DMDwPrCT-AFdlOaJ_y8QatGwrTR35iy500/?taken-by=smithmadara

Hopefully she can at least get some exposure to people outside the Smith house of horrors.

I feel so sad for the kids still left at home in the Smith household. I hope they have a chance to contact their older sisters. They must miss them terribly.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 5/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, Palimpsest said:

Yes.  I last looked on Monday and the Offender Registry said he was still in the jail.

I believe so.  His plea was to molestation of a minor and that means he should have to register.

I really don't know.  It think prisons usually have more activities and educational programs than jails, and may be better at sorting out the truly dangerous from the general population.  Mind you, my knowledge of jails is primarily gleaned from watching a few episodes of 60 Days In (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/60_Days_In).  All I know about prisons first hand is from a couple of visits to a Federal prison psych unit with my TD.  Luckily someone else took over that TD gig from us.  It wasn't a good match for me or the dog. :(

Alan may not stay in the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison for long.  Wikipedia tells me that is primarily for sorting out inmates into other facilities, but it also houses Death Row.

He is still there:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/OffenderQuery/jsp/OffQryRedirector.jsp

• Thank You 2

12 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I get an "Access Denied" message.

WEIRD! Let me go back and do a screenshot

And it looks like Madara's instagram is gone.

Here's the mug shot and details.

Spoiler

2018-06-15 (3).png51570267_2018-06-15(4).thumb.png.049df73867ebf8e8394b60b540c91960.png

51570267_2018-06-15(4).thumb.png.049df73867ebf8e8394b60b540c91960.png

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

6 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

When I click on your link, it says her account is private.

@nelliebelle1197 Welp, you both are right. I thought I wasn't signed into Instagram on my computer. She's private now, which is fine.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I get an "Access Denied" message.

You always have to do your own searches on the Offender Registries -  following a link gives you "Access Denied" or "search needs to be resubmitted. "

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I'm not surprised.  As a sex offender he may stay there for the rest of his sentence rather than be sent to a lower security prison.

19 minutes ago, albireo said:

@nelliebelle1197 Welp, you both are right. I thought I wasn't signed into Instagram on my computer. She's private now, which is fine.

Yes, I'm glad she is private.   I hope she escapes from the Capt. soon.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

why does it say two sentence lengths? it seems like its the same case number listed both times in the second pic, but one says sentence length of 8 years and the second says 10 years. 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

why does it say two sentence lengths? it seems like its the same case number listed both times in the second pic, but one says sentence length of 8 years and the second says 10 years. 

Are they separate sentences for separate offenses?  That's what I think.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Yes. I think they're the sentences for each of the charges he plead guilty to. The real question is if they are consecutive or concurrent. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I'm really glad Madara gets to work outside the home (though I bet her paycheck goes straight to her parents) but it's Sitara I really worry about.  It's got to be weird anyway, as the only Black child in the family, and the only one from a domestic adoption (IIRC) but she always looks so crushed and lifeless, while Madara seemed to enjoy performing more, or at least could put a happier face on it.  I always think of poor Sitara in this (terrible) video (if you want to get to the "music" head to 1:40)

Spoiler

ETA How old are the older sons still at home, now?  I am really wondering what will happen to all of them - will they be allowed to set up their own homes?  How will Captain Bret try to arrange their marriages with this scandal overhead?  And what the hell happens if Alan moves back home once he's released from the prison?  (I have a personal bet that if he even looks like coming near Katie, there'll be Morton brothers with shotguns looking after her...)

ETA How is Captain Bret a restaurant expert?  He's got videos on his YT called Restaurant University, and I'm just confused....

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 5

OK, because I am insane, I am listening to his "Why do you want to open a restaurant?" video, and what I'm taking away from it is like so many things, he has no personal experience, but really wanted to run a restaurant - especially the parts about how a restaurant owner is an important figure in the community.

I was especially struck by the total lack of any sensible advice, like "Get some experience working as a server and in a kitchen, because the boss of a small business should be able to do every role", or pointing people to resources about HOW to do market research etc etc.  It's (like so many other things) a really bizarre fantasy world. 

I really worry about his poor kids' education, because his "university" course includes a test where you have to fill in answers, like being a restaurant owner lets you be your O_ _  B_ _ _ , which of course I bet you can't work out without watching the full video...

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Lurky said:

I'm really glad Madara gets to work outside the home (though I bet her paycheck goes straight to her parents) but it's Sitara I really worry about.  It's got to be weird anyway, as the only Black child in the family, and the only one from a domestic adoption (IIRC) but she always looks so crushed and lifeless, while Madara seemed to enjoy performing more, or at least could put a happier face on it.  I always think of poor Sitara in this (terrible) video (if you want to get to the "music" head to 1:40)

Reveal hidden contents

ETA How old are the older sons still at home, now?  I am really wondering what will happen to all of them - will they be allowed to set up their own homes?  How will Captain Bret try to arrange their marriages with this scandal overhead?  And what the hell happens if Alan moves back home once he's released from the prison?  (I have a personal bet that if he even looks like coming near Katie, there'll be Morton brothers with shotguns looking after her...)

ETA How is Captain Bret a restaurant expert?  He's got videos on his YT called Restaurant University, and I'm just confused....

I had totally forgotten about that singing video with the second round of kids.  Why does Cap'n Bret do these things to people? The restaurant video is weird as hell

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1