IGNORED

Pris & David 7: Wall to Wall Wallers

Jellybean

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2018 at 4:28 PM, Carm_88 said:

Yes, she's a girl. 

Daphne, Daisy, Danielle, Denise, Dakota, Debbie, Darlene, but honestly; I'm leaning towards Dorothy. If they don't go for Davina! :) 

Drusilla. That way it is honors her mom and Buffy

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Children of the corn

I had some problems understanding Davia and wonder if she was a willing student. I am proud of her getting up in front of the people, even though I suspect she doesn't like an audience as much as her older brother.

My church always had a program for Christmas and Children's Day, and the preschool and elementary aged children had a part they had to memorize and say. I still remember one of mine a good 40 years later. I don't know which I liked less- the memorizing (I'm great at things I can and will use, not so great at assigned things) or reciting in front of people.

She couldn't be any cuter, but i did not understand one word of that except maybe something about "building a boat in the yard".

I couldn't understand Davia either. But good for her for getting up and speaking. I hope she wanted to and wasn't forced. 

It’s funny because I bet David and Pris understood every word. My youngest is around the same age and I can understand him perfectly but others occasionally ask me what he is saying. Plus she was probably rushing through it. Which garbles things. 

I had never heard the expression "hiding bible verses in her heart" before. Why is it hiding? In the fundedigelical perspective, shouldn't Davia be a light upon the hill and share her bible verses? 

I think they mean "hiding them in her heart" so she can draw upon in the day of question to "witness to others." She will be "revealing them to others" at that point as part of her Christian testimony. It's a typically convoluted fundie speak for memorize Bible verses so you can summon them as tool of witness to the heathen masses all around you. (In a country that is 70% Christian, there are heathen masses all around. Probably barely any Christians in Texas.)

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I couldn't understand Davia either. But good for her for getting up and speaking. I hope she wanted to and wasn't forced. 

Wasn't Davy enroute to being a judge at the National Bible Bee when the infamous PECAN GLEANING* occurred??

Might the Waller spawn be Bible Bee contestants in the future?

I also wonder if any Maxwell Compound junior inmates might be allowed to compete in the Bee, since Chelsy's family is so into the Bee--and has earned thousands of prizes there.

* all caps just for emphasis, not to provoke a random country into nuclear war.

I absolutley could see the little Pecans doing Bible Bees. Even Christian homeschooling debates. David Waller to me has a few shades of fundie stage dad about him.

There’s a new post on their webpage about their summer. I noticed that Rachelle and her husband their 4th baby. 

A574BE3D-5832-4BBA-939B-CD28A59DA41F.jpeg

I could only understand a few words, none of them consecutive.

I wonder if she actually knows each individual word, or if she’s putting together the sounds, and only really knows some of them.  I’ve heard a couple of little kids who were asked to recite the pledge of allegiance slowly, and a lot of their words were pretty off, but they sounded right when they said it at regular speed.

I used to work with babies and  toddlers, and could usually understand their speech after our first day together.  A lot of it was getting used to the rythym of their individual speech patterns, I think.  

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

There’s a new post on their webpage about their summer. I noticed that Rachelle and her husband their 4th baby. 

A574BE3D-5832-4BBA-939B-CD28A59DA41F.jpeg

Yes, where "the whole Waller family was able to gather as a family..." Rufus bless you, David. You make me laugh.

And then there's this little miss. She makes the best faces!!

Screenshot_20180723-172305.png

I wonder if Davia is excited about having a new sister? Or if she's just done with it all! 

3 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I had never heard the expression "hiding bible verses in her heart" before. Why is it hiding? In the fundedigelical perspective, shouldn't Davia be a light upon the hill and share her bible verses? 

Holy flashbacks, Batman! All this talk about hiding things in one’s heart reminded me of something, so I trotted off to google, and found these gems from my childhood. 

8867FDC1-A9A2-41F7-9706-CC73F7B227BA.jpeg.5046a8c2ab3f214bd9d64d53269c6273.jpeg

Other goodies can be found here:  https://cdn.ministry-to-children.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/VBS-pledges-printable-mtc.pdf

These were from community VBS, mind you, held at my public elementary school, ca. mid-80’s. 

So, David has a habit of travelling with Priscilla when she's almost due- Australia, etc.  I wonder where he'll drag her this time.

The ‘hiding the word in my heart’ reference is a Bible quote from Psalm 119:11. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”

It' funny. The above Psalm was the very 1st Bible verse we were encouraged to memorize at a college Bible study I attended. I read the Bible cover to cover 4 times and attended many a Bible study over the years. And tada all these years later here I sit...... a godless heathen. I really wish fundies could get it thru their heads that the Bible is not a magical text. If it was, there would no religious disagreements.

6 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I absolutley could see the little Pecans doing Bible Bees. Even Christian homeschooling debates. David Waller to me has a few shades of fundie stage dad about him.

Well , he has to present his #family to the world .

Those who think Brighton looks like family are correct. 

Annie 8 Aug 2012

Cool. When did daniel and Candice start trying to adopt their baby?

Susanna Keller8 Aug 2012

It's a long story but a family member was going to abort him and they were able to talk her into letting them have him!!!!

(from an old thread https://www.freejinger.org/topic/10171-daniel-candice-keller-got-a-baby/?do=findComment&comment=353664 )

On 7/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, onekidanddone said:

Children of the corn

I love "the Yord is good." 

She clearly has no idea what she is saying. How stupid do you have to be, to consider that meaningful?

On 7/23/2018 at 6:45 AM, Carm_88 said:

Three-year olds will agree to anything, if their mommy asks in an excited voice.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived