IGNORED

Pris & David 7: Wall to Wall Wallers

Jellybean

Their was one very early episode where toddler James or Justin was having a meltdown about not getting to go somewhere and Michelle whispered something in his ear. He immediately quieted down and dried up.  Always wondered what hoo doo that was.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tabitha2I remember that from the original show.  My impression has always been that Michelle told him (James) what would happen if he didn't obey, and terror replaced tantrum.

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

@tabitha2I remember that from the original show.  My impression has always been that Michelle told him (James) what would happen if he didn't obey, and terror replaced tantrum.

I always thought that as well. 

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Their was one very early episode where toddler James or Justin was having a meltdown about not getting to go somewhere and Michelle whispered something in his ear. He immediately quieted down and dried up.  Always wondered what hoo doo that was.

My guess is that she was threatening him with the rod that was referenced in the police report (all of the J children mentioned a rod that was used to “discipline” them). It makes me wonder if this rod was even being used on the children in their early teens. Somehow I can believe it, since the Duggars seem to believe that you’re a child until marriage (except when they need you to do unpaid work around the house and then you’re a “young adult”).

I know I'm way behind, but a few observations about the video:

• David talks to Priscilla in the exact same way he talks to his children. WTF.
  • I agree that it looks like she has a bump, but it may just be the shirt and/or some leftover belly from her previous pregnancies. In the past, Pris has always had a real pregnancy glow, which I am not seeing in this video, so I'm going with not (visibly) pregnant. I do think we will see little pecan #4 around November or December though.
  • Did anybody else notice how little food there was considering the number of guests they were expecting (30 women/older girls plus 10 younger kids)? I only saw maybe 30 cupcakes tops, a small dish of chocolate-covered pretzels and then one casserole dish of the turkey dip (that I guess they're serving with chips). I truly hope there was LOTS more food that we didn't see, but based on the detail with which they showed us everything else, I kind of doubt it. I would serve that amount of food if I had like three friends coming over (maybe not 30 cupcakes, but you get what I'm saying).

20 hours ago, JMO said:

I think the fact that they are so loving and cheerful with their kids will make it harder for the kids to leave.  I think we've seen that with the Duggars.  For all we discount M/JBs parenting one thing that they have done is to learn to not yell and scream at their kids and to manage them through regular check ins.  They act more like a kindly albeit strict boss than a parent but by encouraging their kids to confide in them it creates strong emotional/psychological attachments.  Also, by making the kids entire world revolve around their parents/family it creates such codependence that I can understand why we haven't seen any runners in many of these families. 

We know that Ma and Pa Duggar did blanket training..... which involved a wooden spoon.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:06 AM, ophelia said:

I can totally see them picking out Danielle. It follows their pattern and since Priscilla's borthers name is Daniel it would also be a family name.

Danielle or Daniella Waller sounds ok, better than Doris Waller, Dorcas Waller, or Diklah Waller.

On 3/1/2018 at 3:42 PM, tabitha2 said:

DORCAS   f   Biblical
Derived from Greek δορκας (dorkas) meaning "gazelle". This is the Greek translation of the name Tabitha in the New Testament (see Acts 9:36).

Name her Dorcas in hopes she will grok.  :D

I just paid a visit to the David Loves Priscilla blog.  I hadn't been over there in while and I reading about the cruise that they took.  Two gems stood out to me:  

"Being our first time on a cruise we were surprised/saddened to see the drinking and party life." (David, cruise ship companies make a lot of money off the drinking and partying life.  They don't tend to make much of it off sanctimonious twits like you.)

"We had brought around 1,000 little Bible tracts that we passed out in the city plaza as well as in the open markets. Many people were very grateful and some even came back to thank us and ask for another one for a relative."  (David they were probably out of toilet paper.)

3 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Danielle or Daniella Waller sounds ok, better than Doris Waller, Dorcas Waller, or Diklah Waller.

Dorcas Diklah Waller. 

These two would nick name her Dorky Dick Waller and not understand why people would laugh at it. 

21 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I just paid a visit to the David Loves Priscilla blog.  I hadn't been over there in while and I reading about the cruise that they took.  Two gems stood out to me:  

"Being our first time on a cruise we were surprised/saddened to see the drinking and party life." (David, cruise ship companies make a lot of money off the drinking and partying life.  They don't tend to make much of it off sanctimonious twits like you.)

"We had brought around 1,000 little Bible tracts that we passed out in the city plaza as well as in the open markets. Many people were very grateful and some even came back to thank us and ask for another one for a relative."  (David they were probably out of toilet paper.)

I honestly think tract hander outers straight up lie about that.  People are polite is all.  You saved no one.  The extra requested tracts are most likely going to be used for humors sake.  

Don't judge or feel sad for the party people who spent their hard earned money on a cruise, they're having a blast and regretting none of it.  At best nursing a hangover poolside.  Geez.  

Davia face when eating her Popsicle is priceless! Real brain freeze going on there me thinks. She is such a cute child. 

I rather suspect that our dynamic duo made pests of themselves on board ship by passing out tracts and 'visiting' with people. The staff had work to do, other passengers were there to relax. It's a shame as David and Priscilla are a lovely young couple until they open their mouths. I can't imagine being trapped on a plane or ship with them. 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

I rather suspect that our dynamic duo made pests of themselves on board ship by passing out tracts and 'visiting' with people.

I'd guess they were eating and lounging alone within 48 hours.

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'd guess they were eating and lounging alone within 48 hours.

Or they found the only 80 years old couple on the cruise that doesn't drink and hung out with them. That's more their speed ;)

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, JillyO said:
  • Did anybody else notice how little food there was considering the number of guests they were expecting (30 women/older girls plus 10 younger kids)? I only saw maybe 30 cupcakes tops, a small dish of chocolate-covered pretzels and then one casserole dish of the turkey dip (that I guess they're serving with chips). I truly hope there was LOTS more food that we didn't see, but based on the detail with which they showed us everything else, I kind of doubt it. I would serve that amount of food if I had like three friends coming over (maybe not 30 cupcakes, but you get what I'm saying).

I don't remember where I saw it... the blog or Instagram or where, but David mentioned that Priscilla asked the guests to bring a dish to share.  So it was potluck style; I'm sure there was enough food. 

They were surprised that the vast majority of the ship's staff is foreign?  Hello!  They're overworked and underpaid. Perhaps instead of a tract, they left a nice cash tip for the maid and their waiter.  Doubtful.  

(My husband and I went on 2 cruises - both Royal Carib 7 day Bahamas.  He had just gotten clean scans and wanted to celebrate right away.  So we went looking for fun, not to share the gospel.  Anyhow, a couple of things that may have affected the Wallers' cruise experience.)

1. There are a lot of gay men working in the cruise industry, no pun intended.   I suspect David was horrified and secretly intrigued, Pris was looking at David to see how to react, and the rest of the ship had a great time.  On our cruise, they had a 70's -style disco party on the last night in the center atrium.  They stopped the glass elevators in the middle and a couple of the "boys" used them as go-go cages.  I had a blast, My husband was on crutches so he watched from the balcony outside our room, there was confetti, inflatables and goo-sticks.   Don't give David any ideas.

2.  You are given a permanent table and dining time in the main dining room at a table with other people.   They probably tried to spread the gospel with their table mates and eventually decided to eat with themselves at the 24 hour casual buffet or specialty restaurant instead.  We were seated with three other couples - had a great time chatting about things other than the Bible.  Doubtful that either David or Pris can do that.

3.  There is alcohol on ships. Can't expose Pris to that.

4.  Defrauding swimwear on the deck and at the beaches in port.  Can't expose Pris to that.

5.  People having sex outside of marriage and for non-procreational  purposes.  Walk down any hallway after midnight or before 7 am and you'll hear it.  Again, don't give Pris any ideas.

2 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

.  You are given a permanent table and dining time in the main dining room at a table with other people.   They probably tried to spread the gospel with their table mates and eventually decided to eat with themselves at the 24 hour casual buffet or specialty restaurant instead.  We were seated with three other couples - had a great time chatting about things other than the Bible.  Doubtful that either David or Pris can do that.

That part isn't necesssarily true anymore. Most lines now have "anytime" dining where you go when you want and don't always have the same wait staff. 

Eta: there usually is a traditional option, but always gets full unless you book at least a year ahead.

I agree with a previous poster that the only cruise fundies should go on are the Alaskan/Arctic/Antarctic ones so the won't be defrauded by skimpy clothing

Unless they go on a special "Christian" cruise.

I think the Bontragers have performed on one of the Christian cruises to Alaska--maybe this one: http://mennoworld.org/2017/07/31/feature/amish-spring-break-no-its-sail-and-sing-cruise/

David posted a video of Davia and Paul singing Jesus loves me. I can't handle Davia anymore. She's just the cutest little thing I've ever seen. 

On 3/2/2018 at 4:25 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

My guess is that she was threatening him with the rod that was referenced in the police report (all of the J children mentioned a rod that was used to “discipline” them). It makes me wonder if this rod was even being used on the children in their early teens. Somehow I can believe it, since the Duggars seem to believe that you’re a child until marriage (except when they need you to do unpaid work around the house and then you’re a “young adult”).

Machelle said on her blog, years ago before the scandal, that they don’t spank they use positive praise or something like that. Guess they stopped spanking after they got famous or still did and told people they didn’t. 

17 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Machelle said on her blog, years ago before the scandal, that they don’t spank they use positive praise or something like that. Guess they stopped spanking after they got famous or still did and told people they didn’t. 

The line they've used for years is something like "encourage 10 times more than you punish", which to me doesn't mean they don't use corporal punishment. I am sure they spank, though maybe not so much now as they used to. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived