IGNORED

Joy & Austin 20: Baby Gideon is Here

Jellybean

11 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I am a lucky one, and I love my MIL a lot. In many ways she has been more of a mom to me than either my bio or adopted mom. She’s not perfect, obviously, but she is a great MIL. I felt comfortable being myself around her from day one. She has always believed in me and trusted my parenting skills, helping me trust myself. I feel sorry for women who don’t like their MIL. It makes their life so much harder. (Not placing blame, it’s just unfortunate for all.)

Same here!  I feel very lucky.  If anything, it took me some time to trust because my mom doesn't always have my back.  I was confused!  Like, are you for real?  Yep, she is and I love her.  Trust her completely with my heart and more importantly,  my childrens.  

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Although obviously they could have just liked the name/ the character, and not necessarily be trying to make some sort of anti-Catholic statement.

Well, the other sisters' children have names tied to specific religious ideas/thinkers, so it's a reasonable guess. I kinda like the name, it's different but not terribly "out there." Though it does make me think of Gideon bibles. 

37 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I agree totally. The wee misunderstanding did come from Pickles mishearing. I think the moral of the story here is it's all Pickles fault..lol!

I laughed too much at that! For what it's worth (since I'm not sure I really expressed it well), I think you made some really good points in that post, and I don't mean to detract from what you're saying. 

37 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

But seriously,  next time something comes up from Pickles I'm going over there myself to wade through all the shit and see for myself because it obviously takes all of us to go through it with a fine tooth comb. (I was just there and I couldn't even find what I was looking for aaarg.) Point is, you are right, small details can be significant and  too much BEC can misrepresent what is trying to be conveyed, and misinformation can spread quickly. We must be vigilant. I think we did manage to turn it into constructive dialogue though :my_biggrin:

I agree! 

I think Pickles should make it a thing to double check any statements she relays from these families on her growing platform before posting her thoughts, since a lot of people go to her page for information. When I hear shit from the Duggars or JillRod that stand out to me and go to relay it here, I always look for the audio and type the comment out as I'm hearing it, just to ensure I'm not mishearing (it's so easy to do when you're disturbed by what they promote and do end up saying). Pickles should already be doing this, but I get that this family can be exhausting to share news from and it takes time that not everyone has.

I'm not a huge fan of all of her opinions or way of expressing things, but I do think she brings up some really good points from time to time. I think these missteps do a huge disservice to her strengths when they start to get consistent, though. It takes a heavy level of discernment to notice and reflect on her good points, since her posts are often interspersed with hyperbole and half-truths/flat out inaccuracies... which isn't to say she's the only one or is doing it purposefully/all the time, but she needs to get more responsible when she's trying to run a dissenting source for Duggar news. She should consider getting some admin help for fact-checking and sourcing if she doesn't have the time or desire to do it herself, because it'd lend to her credibility as a critic and spare us a lot of confusion.

But I mean, to be fair, it was a slight mishearing in this case, so I'll cut her some slack on that front. It happens~

Before I sign out I just want to say:

"Thank you" to all those funny FJers

who like compiling data in the best kind of way

The spreadsheeters

The List makers

and the no shit takers

Where would we be

without our quick reference guides?

They're handy to me

As I'm in no way organized

So to those of you who seem to really get a kick

out of demographics, charts, and statistics

I say compile away

your efforts are useful to someone at least everyday

you make FJ better

and we all know that

so to you I offer

a tip of my hat

3 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Before I sign out I just want to say:

"Thank you" to all those funny FJers

who like compiling data in the best kind of way

The spreadsheeters

The List makers

and the no shit takers

Where would we be

without our quick reference guides?

They're handy to me

As I'm in no way organized

So to those of you who seem to really get a kick

out of demographics, charts, and statistics

I say compile away

your efforts are useful to someone at least everyday

you make FJ better

and we all know that

so to you I offer

a tip of my hat

Excellent pome and sentiment but I must disagree with your basic premise here. We have several Fjers who have compiled lists and spreadsheets of fundie births, names, ages and marital status, and some who even track flights!  They are all despicable and I pity them because they clearly have no lives. The fact that I have been logged on here most of the day does not negate the fact that these list makers are pathetic human beings. The fact that every member here is part of an online forum wherein we are permitted to post our every thought about pretty much anything and everything does not mean that members who have spreadsheets which keep us all updated on fundie doings (the official stated purpose of this forum) are not leghumpers in the extreme.  Sad. 

(Seriously cute poem.)

Well that’s us told... I was going to post a natal chart for Gideon just for shits and grins but feel like 10 year old gum under a high school desk  now.

I guess not everyone gets me. Wow. 

2 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I got you....and thank you for the giggle! 

32 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

They are all despicable and I pity them because they clearly have no lives. The fact that I have been logged on here most of the day does not negate the fact that these list makers are pathetic human beings

Seriously? They are ALL despicable... deserving hatred and contempt? They are all pathetic human beings (um which is NOT a FACT)? Because of lists and spreadsheets?  They are leghumpers in the extreme because they like to compile statistics? Really? That is the saddest post I've read all day.  It makes me sad because you think you can absolutely conclude the status of I don't know how many peoples lives based on their contribution of spreadsheets to this forum. I really don't think they need or want your pity.  Your post is sort of making me sick.

Thanks for thinking my poem was cute, it was supposed to be and I also meant every silly word of it, but I have to say fuck you on this one. I'm disgusted.

Sarcasm alert, I am an idiot being over-reactionary and I need to go to bed. Sorry @Fascinated

Oh my god. Where is the sarcasm font?  Seriously?  

6 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

My apologies if it was meant to be sarcasm. I'm going to go to the prayer closet and think about what I've done. *hangs head in shame*

Carry on!

9 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I totally thought you were being very dry and sarcastic!  I was laughing, cause I've seen you on here enough to know that You're not like that.

I am right, aren't I?

:confusion-scratchheadyellow:

3 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I think this just speaks to how utterly ridiculous some of these posts have been that people would even entertain the thought that someone would post what you did seriously. Don’t worry, @Fascinated, I got ya. ;)

I am sorry if you were being sarcastic and I missed it.. really I am. I was really about to log off and I read it as literal. I just re-read your post with sarcasm glasses on ! and I am sorry for reacting so strongly.  Oh man I'm really sorry @Fascinated, I need to go to bed! I am sorry!

I am going to go to bed soon but, guys, come on.  My second word was ‘pome’ which should have been a clue. I am sorry that my post came off as sincere. The only part that was was the ‘cute poem’ bit. I really need to learn that not everyone will recognize my sarcasm, tonight based on previous posts. Doesn’t matter. I apologize to those who were offended. If you see me around, please remember me. I often write this way. I usually manage to get my point across.  Not tonight. Goodnight, FJ. Oh my god. 

14 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I read it as sarcasm because you’ve posted enough on here that my internal Fascinated voice sounds sarcastic at times. This is a compliment. Not being sarcastic. < which sounds sarcastic. Fuck. There’s no winning. I’m going to bed. 

2 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I read it as sarcasm because you’ve posted enough on here that my internal Fascinated voice sounds sarcastic at times. This is a compliment. Not being sarcastic. < which sounds sarcastic. Fuck. There’s no winning. I’m going to bed. 

There is winning. You win. 

5 hours ago, new espadrille said:

Here are the difference between the grandkids' ages.

Turd & Anna
Mackynzie - Michael: 1 yr, 8 mos, 7 days
Michael - Marcus: 1 yr, 11 mos, 18 days
Marcus - Meredith: 2 yrs, 14 days 2 years, 1 month, 14 days
Meredith - Mason: 2 yrs, 2 mos, 17 days 2 years, 1 month, 27 days

I get it now @Fascinated, I really reacted too fast and I did notice the pome part and I should have taken who you are as a poster into consideration. Real bad on my part, I am really not that reactionary but, I guess...well some people are like that on the internet and I just made a big whoopsi. I do apologize. Sorry guys and goodnight for real. ( I feel so ashamed..and this this is why you hold your tongue and think things through without blindly reacting!)

I was confused too at first but when I got to the last couple of lines I was like “oh, ok, I get it now”. @Fascinated doesn’t have form for regular trolling/goadiness as far I can tell/remember. 

7 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I get it now @Fascinated, I really reacted too fast and I did notice the pome part and I should have taken who you are as a poster into consideration. Real bad on my part, I am really not that reactionary but, I guess...well some people are like that on the internet and I just made a big whoopsi. I do apologize. Sorry guys and goodnight for real. ( I feel so ashamed..and this this is why you hold your tongue and think things through without blindly reacting!)

Thanks. It’s my fault. (Not sarcasm)

7 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Shit. I had no idea I got those wrong! Must've plugged them in wrong in the date calculator lol. Sorry guys!

2 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I was confused too at first but when I got to the last couple of lines I was like “oh, ok, I get it now”. @Fascinated doesn’t have form for regular trolling/goadiness as far I can tell/remember. 

Christ, no. Never. 

Just now, new espadrille said:

Shit. I had no idea I got those wrong! Must've plugged them in wrong in the date calculator lol. Sorry guys!

It happens. That's one of the reason I'm glad we have several people with spreadsheets and/or eidetic fundy recall who can fact check.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived