IGNORED

Joy & Austin 20: Baby Gideon is Here

Jellybean

Just now, new espadrille said:

Yup, Edhelfin's onto me! Lmfao. 

I fully admit I have no life, but making a fundie spreadsheet doesn't mean I wanna sleep with Jim Boob!

Hey, I have a life, it just happens to involve weird shit like fundie spreadsheets, and I love it! :pb_lol: I am very sorry to inform anyone who may be offended or disgusted by my random Duggar statistics that my cold has gotten worse and there will be MORE LISTS SOON.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

really?  I had to stay 2 nights with a vaginal delivery (really not complicated one at that).  I was told it was likely 5 for a section! 

Really!

Seems in Edhelfins POV if we aren’t 24/7 hating and Insulting and Being bitter every single action of every single fundie and confronting them on social media at every turn we must be adoring leghumpers... 

That sounds very exhausting actually.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Really!

I got released on the third day my son was born via c-section and that was 24 years ago. I honestly preferred to be at home to recover. My mom came over to help out. All was well until my ex-MIL came to stay the weekend and "help out". I almost had a nervous breakdown! Ugh! Here I was trying to get used to having an infant, not sleeping much, in pain and "she" came over. I remember crying to my mom and her telling me "as much as you don't like her, she is his grandmother too." They couldn't stand each other as well. Now they are both in the same secured dementia unit at a nursing home. 

Just now, tabitha2 said:

Seems in Edhelfins POV if we aren’t 24/7 hating and Insulting and Being bitter every single action of every single fundie and confronting them on social media at every turn we must be adoring leghumpers... 

Yeah, I like charts, and I'm not going to bitch and be bitter about the Duggars on every post I make about them. Really, no one here does that. Snark and sarcasm, of course, but not constant hatefulness.

Alright, for those of us just joining the party, I've surmised that we don't know whether birth was vaginal or C-Sec, and that while Joy ended up somewhere with a hospital bed and IV drip, we don't know whether she attempted a home birth or not? Is all of that accurate?

Gideon is easily my favorite Duggar grandchild name yet. The only other Gideon I've ever known in real life was very attractive and intelligent, so that may be influencing my view.

(Please forgive my egregious leghumping) :pb_lol:

28 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Doing it 24/7 would be very exhausting indeed...

I think any positive/neutral interest shown to famous people like Duggars just makes their public persona stronger and extends their reach. They use this to influence people's lifestyles, choices and even voting preferences. They are anti-choice, anti-lgbtq+, anti-religious freedom. Voters like them are not fond of equal opportunities such as free access to healthcare and inclusivity.

Oh wait...

We always seem to assume c-section with these births. Or, at least, tabloid mags print it and people take it as gospel. Tabloid magazines print a lot of crap so I’m not believing anything unless I see it from the Forsyths themselves. Equally, if they decide not to share intimate details, that’s also their prerogative.

I was always sprung within 44-48 hours post each c-section so totally normal. As soon as I saw Amy's photo I thought c-section for sure. The look, the blankets, her hospital gown, none of that looks like a vag birth to me...

Ok, I just watched the little clip of their honeymoon... common! How can anybody be this confused by sparkling water? Joy's face!? How can she be this disgusted by sparkling water, it's not like she never had a carbonated drink before! "What did we get?" "Just carbonated water" "are you sure?" "Oh man, when you expect regular water and you get this, it's a let down". What the fuck Joy? And Austin... Swiss with a German accent? Usually I'm pretty understanding for people not knowing everything about different cultures, we all have stuff left to learn, but for God's sake, lear which language they speak in the country you "always dreamed of traveling to". 

18 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I was always sprung within 44-48 hours post each c-section so totally normal. As soon as I saw Amy's photo I thought c-section for sure. The look, the blankets, her hospital gown, none of that looks like a vag birth to me...

? Just had a vag birth and nothing about this picture screams c section to me. I did notice she is sitting cross legged on the bed- would that be comfortable if she just had a section? 

4 minutes ago, Chocolatecheesecake said:

Ok, I just watched the little clip of their honeymoon... common! How can anybody be this confused by sparkling water? Joy's face!? How can she be this disgusted by sparkling water, it's not like she never had a carbonated drink before! "What did we get?" "Just carbonated water" "are you sure?" "Oh man, when you expect regular water and you get this, it's a let down". What the fuck Joy? And Austin... Swiss with a German accent? Usually I'm pretty understanding for people not knowing everything about different cultures, we all have stuff left to learn, but for God's sake, lear which language they speak in the country you "always dreamed of traveling to". 

Purely a question because i'm not a big carbonated-anything drinker: But if you drink a lot of it at one time, doesn't it hurt? Like the extra air pushes up into your chest like a burp? Especially if you try not to have a loud burp in a restaurant. Maybe that was it?

Yeah, if you drink a lot of it quickly, you'll probably have to do a little burp, but it has never hurt me, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by that. No pain, just the "burpy feeling" if you drink too much. 

My hospital had 2 nights for first time mothers and for a c-section, 1 night for child 2+ for vaginal birth all given you had a birth without serious complications of course. I stayed three nights with my first as I had some complications, not too serious but enough for them to even want me to stay a 4th night but I told them that I would kill myself and that I was going home regardless of what they said so they released me. With my second it felt like they almost wanted to push me out of the bed and on home despite the fact that I had almost the same type of complications this time and I had hardly slept at all the first 24 hours. I then got so angry because of their almost manipulative ways and told them to f-k off and went home. If I even have another baby I will need to try to get them to understand that there is a middle road here...

1 minute ago, elliha said:

My hospital had 2 nights for first time mothers and for a c-section, 1 night for child 2+ for vaginal birth all given you had a birth without serious complications of course. I stayed three nights with my first as I had some complications, not too serious but enough for them to even want me to stay a 4th night but I told them that I would kill myself and that I was going home regardless of what they said so they released me. With my second it felt like they almost wanted to push me out of the bed and on home despite the fact that I had almost the same type of complications this time and I had hardly slept at all the first 24 hours. I then got so angry because of their almost manipulative ways and told them to f-k off and went home. If I even have another baby I will need to try to get them to understand that there is a middle road here...

I hear they treat you like a princess during labor & birth but then after the royalty treatment goes out the door.

I look forward to my own experience in 3 months. I'm terrified.

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

This is what I thought of during the discussion about influencing what sperm fertilizes the egg. 

F0A8CA18-F4B8-4A80-B4CE-267874DEF08E.jpeg

I thought this was Canadian sperm

44 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

We always seem to assume c-section with these births. Or, at least, tabloid mags print it and people take it as gospel. Tabloid magazines print a lot of crap so I’m not believing anything unless I see it from the Forsyths themselves. Equally, if they decide not to share intimate details, that’s also their prerogative.

Probably because nearly 30% of all first time births end in C-sections in the US- add in limited education, no prenatal care and very large babies and the chances only increase.

25 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

? Just had a vag birth and nothing about this picture screams c section to me. I did notice she is sitting cross legged on the bed- would that be comfortable if she just had a section? 

Good point- probably not.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Probably because nearly 30% of all first time births end in C-sections in the US- add in limited education, no prenatal care and very large babies and the chances only increase.

Good point- probably not.

I could barely sit... forget cross legged. 

30 minutes ago, Chocolatecheesecake said:

Someone in Europe can correct me if I am wrong, but various types of sparkling water can have different mineral content. A lot of times if they take it from some local spring its heavy on magnesium or other minerals and taste differently. They also can have various degree of carbonation - so some are heavier on carbonation and others are barely carbonated. In contrast, the seltzer (sparkling water) in USA has no taste whatsoever,

In regards to csection - in NY standards is 3 days if no complications.

10 minutes ago, kachuu said:

I hear they treat you like a princess during labor & birth but then after the royalty treatment goes out the door.

I look forward to my own experience in 3 months. I'm terrified.

I thought they treated me relatively well the first time and really wanted to make me comfortable but I just wanted to go home so badly after those three days. The second time, not so much.

From @LimeKitty on the previous thread:

Oh, okay then. Because you (and she) have determined she has been through so much, she can hop onto the internet and tell everyone how things should be. Got it. 

Why yes, yes I can. When I know people who are looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills they will NEVER be able to pay off, when I see so-called "pro-lifers" being absolute shitheads over universal health care, I CAN say whatever the fuck I please about the shitty systems in place in 'Merikka...your fucking right I can. 

Now...take your attitude and shove it up your ass. 

2 hours ago, Edhelfin said:

Who the hell cares about some bigoted strangers' spawn enough to make charts and lists? I swear thread drift is the only thing that separates FJ from the leghumper comments in the Duggar blog nowadays. 

I know that some people feel they need to fight the good fight against leghumpers  and I understand that this isn't the place for full on google eyed Duggar lovers. (Thank Rufus)

however I don't think that freejinger would be better if it was the exact opposite of say the comment section of the Duggar blog  and all we did here is be mean and cruel. We hate the leghumpers because they refuse to acknowledge anything bad or dangerous or stupid or silly in the families they adore. they stick to one side and help perpetuate a fully positive narrative wherein these people have no faults, or at least don't have to acknowledge their mistakes. 

if all FJ did was hate the fundies and refuse to see them as people or relate to them as people..what would that accomplish? Would the snark be as funny? Wouldn't that be just as bad as the leghumpers only in reverse?

We are actively choosing to follow these people with the intent to shed more light on the negative aspects of their world views. It is okay to see see them as humans and to relate to them, have empathy for them and to even just really like someone's outfit or hairdo. It is okay to gush over their cute kids even if you wish they weren't having so many. not everyone wants to come to a site filled with nothing but hate and vitriol everyday as a hobby and I personally don't think that humanizing these people or letting ourselves be humans by relating to them, trying to understand or even liking them sometimes is being leghumpers or detrimental to what we're about. I think it actually helps. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived