IGNORED

Joy & Austin 20: Baby Gideon is Here

Jellybean

Carry on from here:

Birth announcement via People magazine

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-welcomes-first-child-austin-forsyth/

The healthy baby boy arrived Feb. 23. He was born at 3:39 p.m., measuring 22 inches long and weighing 10 lbs., 3 oz.

“We are blessed beyond measure with the arrival of our son, Gideon Martyn Forsyth,” the couple tells PEOPLE. “Looking at our child for the first time was such an incredible moment! God is so good, and we are so thankful.”

If you’re like me, you may be wondering how that huuuge baby compares to the other Duggar grandchildren. You’re in luck because the fabulous @singsingsingshared a list on the previous thread with the birth weights of all the Duggar grandchildren in order, from heaviest to lightest:

Gideon: 10lbs 3oz

Spurgeon: 9lbs 11oz

Israel: 9lbs 10oz

Samuel: 9lbs 10oz

Marcus: 9lbs 3oz

Mason: 9lbs 1oz

Henry: 8lbs 11oz

Michael: 8lbs 5oz

Mackynzie: 8lbs

Meredith: 7lbs 14oz

Those of you already predicting the next baby will be grateful to @new espadrille for this fabulous list of Michelle Duggar’s baby-spacing:

Josh - Jana/John David: 1 year, 10 months, 9 days
Jana/John David - Jill: 1 yr, 4 mos, 5 days
Jill - Jessa: 1 yr, 5 mos, 18 days
Jessa - Jinger: 1 yr, 1 mo, 17 days
Jinger - Joseph: 1 yr, 30 days
Joseph - Josiah: 1 yr, 7 mos, 8 days
Josiah - Joy Anna: 1 yr, 2 mos
Joy Anna - Jedidiah/Jeremiah: 1 yr, 2 mos, 2 days
Jedidiah/Jeremiah - Jason: 1 yr, 3 mos, 22 days
Jason - James: 1 yr, 2 mos, 16 days
James - Justin: 1 yr, 4 mos, 8 days
Justin - Jackson: 1 yr, 6 mos, 8 days
Jackson - Johannah: 1 yr, 4 mos, 18 days
Johannah -  Jennifer: 1 yr, 9 mos, 22 days
Jennifer - Jordyn: 1 yr, 4 mos, 1 days
Jordyn - Josie: 11 mos, 22 days

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past, I would have snarked on Ben in that congratulations video but, oh my god, it was so refreshing to hear people who sounded like normal, non-robotic humans/family members.

Hell, if my sister had a baby and I had to congratulate her via video as well as in person, you’re damn right I’d brag if I guessed those things right!

In an oddball way it was a really endearing and natural video and I kinda loved it. 

Who the hell cares about some bigoted strangers' spawn enough to make charts and lists? I swear thread drift is the only thing that separates FJ from the leghumper comments in the Duggar blog nowadays. 

11 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

Who the hell cares about some bigoted strangers' spawn enough to make charts and lists? I swear thread drift is the only thing that separates FJ from the leghumper comments in the Duggar blog nowadays. 

Well shit. I had no idea that making a list of birth weights meant I was a leg humper, but that totally makes sense. No one could possibly be interested in fundie demographics on a forum specifically devoted to discussing religious fundamentalism, right? That list someone made of spacing between Michelle’s births totally screams, “I’m secretly in love with the Duggars, gosh I hope they notice me!!” I see it now. Thank you. :my_rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

People who enjoy charts and lists. That's who. We are not leghumpers, we make it clear why we are here. That being said many of us look to the children and hope their lives will be different. 

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Why all the homebirths? Michelle didn't have homebirths (she had a couple, but the majority of the kids were born at hospital). 

It’s the trendy thing for the young Fundie set  and fairly common with mainstream parents as well though that’s beside the point. When Michelle was having most of her kids home births were very very rare for anyone. 

For the former A young  Fundamentalist couple with with little money or savings who refuse to go into debt will save on those exorbitant hospital bills. 

1. I don't hate the name Gideon

2. I've been singing Rocky Racoon in my head since I heard the name

3. Also reminds me of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

It’s what she wanted. Why should we feel sad for a person getting what they expected and wanted? That’s putting our ideals, wants, expectations, goals  onto her. Besides she has been around the world a couple of times now. 

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s what she wanted. Why should we feel sad for a person getting what they expected and wanted? That’s putting our ideals, wants, expectations, goals  onto her. Besides she has been around the world a couple of times now. 

You’re right, I’ll delete that post.

Anyone else think Amy shows poor taste about Gideon’s photo in saying the family needs more girls? I mean, yes, they could use some girls to balance things out but to use that in a “congrats on your boy” announcement seems rather rude. 

Does the blanket in cousin Amy’s picture have *gasp* pink footprints on it?!? How are we supposed to know that the baby is a BOY?! 

I hope Joy was at the hospital in plenty of time for her section and that she didn’t labour too long/ uncomfortably at home. How long will they keep her? I was in 4 nights and 5 days after mine.

Well, yes, it’s what she wanted, but at the same time, it’s like saying, “here are 10 books you can read.  These are the only 10 books you can have.”  And you may say, “thank you; I like reading.”   And you may thoroughly enjoy those books to the point of reading them 2 or 3 times. But if you are never given any other books, any  movies, or newspapers, you may never realize that there are other topics or media you like better than those ten books. 

1 minute ago, sta_sha said:

Does the blanket in cousin Amy’s picture have *gasp* pink footprints on it?!? How are we supposed to know that the baby is a BOY?! 

I hope Joy was at the hospital in plenty of time for her section and that she didn’t labour too long/ uncomfortably at home. How long will they keep her? I was in 4 nights and 5 days after mine.

I"m sorry how do we know she had a section?  It seems unlikely given how fast she was released from the hospital.

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

I"m sorry how do we know she had a section?  It seems unlikely given how fast she was released from the hospital.

Going home after 2 nights is very common after uncomplicated c-secs these days.  And unless her situation was similar to Jessa's first home birth, this baby was born in either a hospital or birthing center. There is an IV bag and tubing at the top left of the photo, although Joy and baby are fully covered.

Maybe the Duggar women need to understand that prenatal care is not really safely optional. 

Dollars to donuts Jinger is not even planning a home delivery-

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Don’t do that! You have a right to your post and feelings as we all do! We like reading all sorts of POVs heat :)

I appreciate that but I think I was projecting my own feelings too much since I could not be in a more different life situation than Joy right now. But I do agree that Joy is probably perfectly happy and wouldn’t change a single thing about her life, I just wish for her that she would have had at least a few months alone with her husband before getting pregnant, but to build on your point she probably would have just been stressed out about not getting pregnant or something so maybe it all worked out for the best for her.

Just now, singsingsing said:

Well shit. I had no idea that making a list of birth weights meant I was a leg humper, but that totally makes sense. No one could possibly be interested in fundie demographics on a forum specifically devoted to discussing religious fundamentalism, right? That list someone made of spacing between Michelle’s births totally screams, “I’m secretly in love with the Duggars, gosh I hope they notice me!!” I see it now. Thank you. :my_rolleyes:

Yup, Edhelfin's onto me! Lmfao. 

I fully admit I have no life, but making a fundie spreadsheet doesn't mean I wanna sleep with Jim Boob!

9 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I don't think a c section has been confirmed. But I had a c section on a Tuesday morning and was home by Thursday afternoon so it's still a possibility.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Going home after 2 nights is very common after uncomplicated c-secs these days.  And unless her situation was similar to Jessa's first home birth, this baby was born in either a hospital or birthing center. There is an IV bag and tubing at the top left of the photo, although Joy and baby are fully covered.

Maybe the Duggar women need to understand that prenatal care is not really safely optional. 

Dollars to donuts Jinger is not even planning a home delivery-

really?  I had to stay 2 nights with a vaginal delivery (really not complicated one at that).  I was told it was likely 5 for a section! 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived