IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

I could go on Twitter to look but I'm guessing a couple of you are already on it - are a lot of people tweeting follow up questions at him now?  

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derick replied to someone on twitter. He says he's never been paid for photo session by people magazine.

Now I'm really calling bullshit on all of it.

I'm not defending Derick in any way, but if what he says regarding not being paid by TLC is true, then maybe he thinks the same situation is in play for Jazz and that's why he keeps saying she is being exploited?  

Doesn't excuse his other rants about Jazz but this is curious.

I have a feeling some shit is about to hit the fan.

To be fair, I have mutual friends with the Duggars and more friends that are friends of close friends, like the Query’s.

They have always maintained the Duggar offspring wasn’t seeing the money, that it was all wrapped up in a family trust(presumably for tax purposes because JB is shady as hell).  Of course I have no way of proving this, but it’s been rumored for years.

I think derek has a lot of unresolved anger and issues.  But it’s at least plausible.

8 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

I think all this comparing Derick's social media rants to Josh's juvenile criminal behavior and adult unfaithfulness and suggesting that Jill is in the same situation as Anna was is inappropriate.

Wait, when did this happen? I've definitely seen people say that they feel sorry for Jill, or suggest that Derick may not be treating her right, but I've never seen anyone compare his behaviour to Josh's, or suggest that Jill is in the same situation as Anna.

Just now, SamiKatz said:

I'm not defending Derick in any way, but if what he says regarding not being paid by TLC is true, then maybe he thinks the same situation is in play for Jazz and that's why he keeps saying she is being exploited?  

Minor kids in reality TV are not protected by Coogan's Laws-

Doesn't address the adults not getting paid though- I'm guessing the Duggar adults allowed JB to handle the business end and contract negotiations for them-

3 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Maybe he is jealous because Jazz is getting the money or its being put in a trust fund for her? I agree, some poop is ready to fly. It seems to be starting already. 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Minor kids in reality TV are not protected by Coogan's Laws-

Doesn't address the adults not getting paid though- I'm guessing the Duggar adults allowed JB to handle the business end and contract negotiations for them-

And keep most of the money? Giving only what he saw fit. These kids have been on this show since they were children. They do deserve the money that is coming to them if they haven't gotten it. 

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

"I had a great job..." Then why the fuck did you quit, you tool? 

Because, Jesus.....

I have to admit, I'm liking* this 'loose cannon' version of Derick far more than the usual blah the Duggers trot out. I would love to see a Boob response on twitter right now!

*all relative

@squiddysquid I think Derrick is trying to tell the world something about the racket his in-laws have going on. He may be omitting important info, but I think he is telling it how it came. Otherwise TLC and People could come for him quickly.

@SamiKatz Interesting point. I do think their is a subconsciously method to his madness. He is slowly spilling the beans for a reason.

I don't see how TLC could ever getting away with paying all the money to JB or a trust.  I will never be convinced that this is legal to not pay the adults.  If they want to put it in a trust then that's on them.

1 minute ago, TatiFish9 said:

@squiddysquid I think Derrick is trying to tell the world something abojt the racquet his in laws have going on. He may be omitting important info, but I think he is telling it how it came. Otherwise TLC and People could come for him quickly.

@SamiKatz Interesting point. I do think their is a subconsciously method to his madness. He is slowly spilling the beans for a reason.

I think similarly. I don't doubt TLC and People paying for those stories/episodes. But I definitely do think the money went to family trust who is used per JB. It has been the rumor for years. 

Derick quit his job to go be a missionary in Central America. I kind of get the impression that Derick thought that after he married a Duggar, he'd be set for life. People would just continue to throw money at him and he'd be able to pursue his dreams without actually having to work. Then the scandals hit and reality came crashing in.

I'm loving all this drama. D-Wreck, write the tell-all while the angst is still fresh!! :D

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Derick quit his job to go be a missionary in Central America. I kind of get the impression that Derick thought that after he married a Duggar, he'd be set for life. People would just continue to throw money at him and he'd be able to pursue his dreams without actually having to work. Then the scandals hit and reality came crashing in.

But again, maybe he was promised to be taken care of? 

12 minutes ago, sableduck said:

To be fair, I have mutual friends with the Duggars and more friends that are friends of close friends, like the Query’s.

They have always maintained the Duggar offspring wasn’t seeing the money, that it was all wrapped up in a family trust(presumably for tax purposes because JB is shady as hell).  Of course I have no way of proving this, but it’s been rumored for years.

I think derek has a lot of unresolved anger and issues.  But it’s at least plausible.

Of course he has issues . He wanted to be a missionary and was looking for a missionary  companion and then ended up with an uneducated  grown up child who can't be left alone for 5 minutes .  He feels cheated , Jill too . She followed all the rules and expected to be blessed with a fairy tale marriage . Neither got what they were hoping for .

1 minute ago, bananabread said:

I'm loving all this drama. D-Wreck, write the tell-all while the angst is still fresh!! :D

People always talked about a Duggar tell all.... maybe it will be him? 

So, maybe he's getting around saying TLC paid them because the production company is who pays them, and TLC buys the shows from that company?? 

Doesn't explain the People mag stuff. And not to say that the production company isn't paying a trust instead also.

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wait, when did this happen? I've definitely seen people say that they feel sorry for Jill, or suggest that Derick may not be treating her right, but I've never seen anyone compare his behaviour to Josh's, or suggest that Jill is in the same situation as Anna.

I think comparing Anna and Jill’s respective situations is more about pointing out how the Duggars’ belief system doesn’t have any answers when Prince Charming turns out to be a dud other than submit more. With Anna, I think the big thing is that she made a vow to god on her wedding day. This means that she can’t ever consider divorce, regardless of how she feels about Josh as a person, because that would mean lying to god. With Jill, I think it’s more of the same, but compounded by the fact that of all of the kids she seems to have been the only one who was a true believer in Gothard, as opposed to just accepting it as the culture in which they were raised. Whether your husband has issues with improper uses of sexuality or being a flakey headship, the only answer Gothardism has is more female submission. Divorce is never an option.

7 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I don't see how TLC could ever getting away with paying all the money to JB or a trust.  I will never be convinced that this is legal to not pay the adults.  If they want to put it in a trust then that's on them.

I have been one to stand by this position too. However, if what Derrick is saying is accurate, it has to be a family trust. Otherwise he was paid and deferred to family account which he is saying he was not. He also said *we* were under the impression we were volunteers.

Now that is something that needs clarification. Did Jill not know what was going on either? Did she just assume it was a ministry that was benefiting the entire family?

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

But again, maybe he was promised to be taken care of? 

Or that he and Jill would be seeing some kind of compensation for appearing on the show.   Not being a family member, perhaps he wasn't 100% aware of what the TLC/Duggar contract encompassed.

This is the most interesting thing I've read about the Duggars in ages.

IIRC, he quit Walmart very soon after Izzy was born.  So yet another lie.

He can sue TLC if he wants.  But he won't because no attorney would take it unless he paid the firm big bucks.  Because unless he had a contract  that spoke to medical expenses being paid by TLC, he will lose.  What a whiny little bitch.

*And who was he "volunteering" for?  Jesus or Jim Bob?

Two things. If Derick is saying that they (assuming he means himself and Jill) were "under the impression" they were volunteers... he seems to be implying that that wasn't truly the case, and that someone deceived them. And if that's true, who is he blaming? I guess what I'm getting at is that I wonder if he found out that Jim Bob actually got the money for their appearances, and he's angry at Jim Bob. Derick, are you listening? Can you give us a sign that we're on the right track? Tweet once for yes, covfefe for no.

Second - I predicted in the 2018 Predictions thread that Derick would get into a spat with another Duggar over social media. Is it bad that I'm really hoping this happens? My dream would be Jessa vs. Derick, because that would be absolutely hilarious and quite possibly the most realistic option. (Also I feel the need to point out, given that I've acknowledged that I have a soft spot for Jessa, that I would also love to see someone take her to task for her own shitty beliefs. But in the mean time, Rufus, hear my prayer - can we please have a Jessa vs. Derick throw down? :pb_lol:)

4 minutes ago, karen77 said:

So, maybe he's getting around saying TLC paid them because the production company is who pays them, and TLC buys the shows from that company?? 

Doesn't explain the People mag stuff. And not to say that the production company isn't paying a trust instead also.

He says, they were under the impression they were volunteers. He is saying they were never paid (most likely directly, because we know someone got the cash). 

I always thought the kids had separate trusts at least. Smh

This is the most interesting the Duggars have been in years. 

I imagine lots of phones are ringing right now in Duggar land. Has Jana been dispatched to try and reign DD in?

I’m imagining one of the Howlers lying in wait in the bushes outside Derrick’s house, ready to hit him with a tranc gun the second he steps out the door. Then it’s off to reprogramming camp!

I, too, am enjoying this. Especially the thought of a vein in Jim Boob’s head throbbing angrily.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived