IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

He's really too dense and/or arrogant to realize that showing humility and admitting his own mistakes would actually make his case much stronger and more compelling. What are people going to take seriously? "Librul media! I never did that! That never happened!!" Or, "I was young and naive and did not realize the potential fallout from this. As time went by, I began to slowly understand how toxic this could be to my children. I greatly regret participating and will not be doing so in the future. Here's why I changed my mind and what I learned from my experience..."?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Feministe9000 said:

He is becoming increasingly cavalier with his language and more openly combative in comment responses.

He really seems to not give a hoot about what this makes him look like. Poor Jill.
As we've previously discussed, they all have the same awful beliefs, but it takes a certain type of person to want to be openly arguing over social media about X,Y and Z.
Derick can't help himself, he is living his life constantly on the defense, every day, engaging with people over Twitter, etc. etc. etc., that cannot be healthy for anyone.
It also shows us where his focus is, when in my opinion, he should use every waking hour God gives him working his ass off to support his family, working so hard that he is too tired to shout his mouth off on Twitter, and save Jill the embarrassment.

For goodness sake Derick! Just shut up already.

On the other hand, just keep going, someone said earlier he's making himself a pariah, and they are so right.
Eventually, JB will have to step in and do some damage control, if nothing else, for Jilly Muffin and the boys.

It might just be a process- like grieving.

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Despair, Acceptance. Maybe Derick is in the Anger phase. 

No matter the catalyst, I am happy that one family has distanced themselves, and more importantly their children from this mess and the exploitation. Derick and Jill have work to do. Together they will need to form and implement a plan. 

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It might just be a process- like grieving.

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Despair, Acceptance. Maybe Derick is in the Anger phase. 

No matter the catalyst, I am happy that one family has distanced themselves, and more importantly their children from this mess and the exploitation. Derick and Jill have work to do. Together they will need to form and implement a plan. 

I am not saying the show is a good influence obviously, but to exit the show in such a public manner? What is he trying to achieve? Not a very mature or dignified way to handle that is it? Coming from a grown man who grew up OUTSIDE Duggarland?

Now the grifting has dried up, he has to really get his ass into gear. If he had continued being a part of the show, continued to be popular and well-liked, I believe he would have continued milking that for donations.

No no, he only has to actually work/provide now because his mouth got him into trouble.

and because he is so disliked, he has to play the "TLC exploits children just like the LIBRUL media" card.
He didn't mind it before when the money and praise was flowing in!

He is duplicitous, cunning and on the defensive 24/7. No I do not believe he  "saw the light" and thought "hmm this is so bad for my kids!! Come on Jill were leaving!"

And whoever eats up that storyline he has decided to go with is just buying into his bullshit.

I think its fascinating he has admitted to a two week NICU stay, I had thought they might have broken off because TLC wanted to show something about Sam, and now that looks more likely.  I will say it is even weirder to confirm it now though.

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

I think its fascinating he has admitted to a two week NICU stay, I had thought they might have broken off because TLC wanted to show something about Sam, and now that looks more likely.  I will say it is even weirder to confirm it now though.

He is desperate for attention the show now longer provides.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4816822/derick-dillard-spills-exploitation-by-tlc-sam-in-the-nicu-more/

Looks like D'wreck has jumped off the train.  He denies being paid by TLC and states that Sam was in the the NICU for 2 weeks.

He's even posted on Pickles??? What the actual fuck!?!

Ha ha give me a break there is no way he wasn't paid and we all know he was fired and is just trying to play the old spin game now. 

He is such a little shit trying to dance around the question with his answers.

I’m not sure if he means Jill was paid or the money was put into a trust that paid them?

What would cause Sam to be in the NICU for two weeks? I’m trying to think about what could’ve gone wrong.

It seems like something in those two weeks caused Derick to get fired...

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

He is such a little shit trying to dance around the question with his answers.

I’m not sure if he means Jill was paid or the money was put into a trust that paid them?

What would cause Sam to be in the NICU for two weeks? I’m trying to think about what could’ve gone wrong.

It seems like something in those two weeks caused Derick to get fired...

I wonder if he had Meconium Aspersion. 

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I wonder if he had Meconium Aspersion. 

I wonder what happened, did they do something risky?  I expect they did, and that this is why they didn't want it shown.  I hope everyone is okay now, and that they miraculously learned from it.

10 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I wonder what happened, did they do something risky?  I expect they did, and that this is why they didn't want it shown.  I hope everyone is okay now, and that they miraculously learned from it.

Here’s an article listing some of the reasons a NICU stay can be needed sometimes:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_common-conditions-treated-in-the-neonatal-intensive-care-uni_10300041.bc

It's possible they acted stupidly and something went wrong as a result. It’s also possible (though I think less likely) they didn’t and something went wrong anyways.

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Here’s an article listing some of the reasons a NICU stay can be needed sometimes:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_common-conditions-treated-in-the-neonatal-intensive-care-uni_10300041.bc

It's possible they acted stupidly and something went wrong as a result. It’s also possible (though I think less likely) they didn’t and something went wrong anyways.

Oh of course!  Most people in the NICU didn't do anything wrong.  I didn't mean to imply that at all.  My question was based upon the past issues of these specific people only!

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Oh of course!  Most people in the NICU didn't do anything wrong.  I didn't mean to imply that at all.  My question was based upon the past issues of these specific people only!

Lol! I know you weren’t implying that! I just meant that we don’t know what happened, so we can’t know whether they acted stupidly or not (I think it’s likely they did though.)

1 hour ago, Feministe9000 said:

I am not saying the show is a good influence obviously, but to exit the show in such a public manner? What is he trying to achieve? Not a very mature or dignified way to handle that is it? Coming from a grown man who grew up OUTSIDE Duggarland?

Now the grifting has dried up, he has to really get his ass into gear. If he had continued being a part of the show, continued to be popular and well-liked, I believe he would have continued milking that for donations.

No no, he only has to actually work/provide now because his mouth got him into trouble.

and because he is so disliked, he has to play the "TLC exploits children just like the LIBRUL media" card.
He didn't mind it before when the money and praise was flowing in!

He is duplicitous, cunning and on the defensive 24/7. No I do not believe he  "saw the light" and thought "hmm this is so bad for my kids!! Come on Jill were leaving!"

And whoever eats up that storyline he has decided to go with is just buying into his bullshit.

Just my POV:

During a short impressionable time period, Derick lived in constant upheaval and experienced life altering changes, some he created and others nature presented: unexpected death of a young parent, graduating from college, moving abroad, meeting a life partner, engagement, marriage, near life ending illness of his remaining, rather young parent, birth of his first child, first real job, the mission field, a needy wife, 2 terrible child births of his own sons...  All told, Derick's life has been a hot mess for a decade. He has had no decent role models during this time period. (His mother was fighting for her own life at the time, and where the hell was JB Duggar????) He is reacting rather than responding. He just needs to step back, reflect, pray, do whatever is necessary to get himself more centered and in a position to make better decisions and a life plan. 

Derick does have many reasons to be an asshat, but so do most people. It's time he closes his trap and starts working on a plan.

ETA:- How could I have forgotten the molestation?????????

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Lol! I know you weren’t implying that! I just meant that we don’t know what happened, so we can’t know whether they acted stupidly or not (I think it’s likely they did though.)

IMO-if their decisions weren't at the minimum suspect, we likely would have heard more of the details...they are attention seekers. Can you imagine a People spread on a Duggar Nicu stay????

If Derrick left TLC by choice, it would be a good idea to explain how he changed his mind on raising kids in front of cameras.
But I still think that TLC kicked his ass out, using Jazz tweets as an excuse (but as TLC has never shown an actual interest in minors they put on their shows, the real reason was probably something else - like Derrick being a train wreck and TLC wanting to get rid of him before he turns out to be Josh 2.0.). Because, seriously, why would Derrick leave? The show provided him with money, attention, and illusion of importance. Without it he is nothing, he is pathetic.  
Therefore, there will be no "I made a mistake and changed my mind" talk from Derrick. Because the only reason his family is not on a tv show is that no show wants them. But because Derrick can't admit it, he will spend a lot of time trying to prove to us (and to himself) that he has never put his kids  on a show, has never been been paid by TLC and left it voluntary (I don't know how you can left a show you are not a part of, but I'm just a woman, so). I'm sure Derrick loves all the comments about TLC exploiting Duggar children (and children of their other shows), because it proves his point that TLC is evil and corrupt, and he is just a poor victim. But he will never self-reflect on it. 

Oh, and, Derrick - DO NOT CONTACT JAZZ! She (she!) never asked to be a part of any of this. You dragged her into this mess, fucked up your own life and made hers more complicated, so just STFU and leave her alone. 

19 hours ago, thinandfit said:

I am not a Jew- but I could start an honorary members clubs for Catholics that way us Pagans and fake jews can conquer the world and make Jeremy and Derrick explode with rage:lol:

In other news I have just realised Derricks parents knowingly names him Derrick Dillard which is rather unfortunate.

I still don’t know what that twat waffle means by “Jews who are not.” I’ll assume he’s saying something offensive, which seems like a safe bet.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Wow. Oh man. Derick, buddy. You can't claim that you never did something that everyone knows that you did. Your son was featured on a reality TV show for the first two years of his life. You can't erase that. Swallow your pride and say that you regret it, if that's the case - that you've changed your mind, that you wouldn't make the same choice now - but don't try to say it never happened. It's insulting to your followers and it makes you look like an idiot and a liar. Do you really think anyone's going to take your ranting about the media seriously when you turn around and spew such transparent falsehoods? You're not doing your cause any favours, you silly man.

He learned from the best, the Liar in Chief.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

"I was young and naive and did not realize the potential fallout from this. As time went by, I began to slowly understand how toxic this could be to my children. I greatly regret participating and will not be doing so in the future. Here's why I changed my mind and what I learned from my experience..."?

This.  I know a former priest who left the priesthood and now has a little family and I have heard him share this exact concept.  He used to be a young someone with a good heart that was hidden by narrow minded opinions and hideous rhetoric.  After he grew up some, now he is an older someone with the same good heart that is no longer hidden.  People can and do grow up sometimes, although I don't know if Derick will be one of the lucky ones.

Oh man, this guy is the gift that keeps on giving. The tweet about working his tail end off working 9-5 for his family like everyone else, that one I had to re-read in disbelief a few times before I had a good laugh about it. 

Is he special or hard done by because he had a short stint actually working? What about the last 2 years since his son was born? I don't know how long he actually was working with Walmart, maybe a year or two.

I think he worked for Wal-Mart for less than a year. He decided to go to CA right before the molestation scandal hit, though he might have known it was coming.

59 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Therefore, there will be no "I made a mistake and changed my mind" talk from Derrick. Because the only reason his family is not on a tv show is that no show wants them. But because Derrick can't admit it, he will spend a lot of time trying to prove to us (and to himself) that he has never put his kids  on a show, has never been been paid by TLC and left it voluntary (I don't know how you can left a show you are not a part of, but I'm just a woman, so). I'm sure Derrick loves all the comments about TLC exploiting Duggar children (and children of their other shows), because it proves his point that TLC is evil and corrupt, and he is just a poor victim. But he will never self-reflect on it. 

I wonder how JIm Bob and MIchelle are taking him seemingly throwing them under the bus. Derick may have a job and house now but who knows how long that will last then he'll be crawling back to JIm Bob. Derick really does like to bit the hand that feeds him. 

this also adds to me thinking he's trying to distance Jill from her family in a bad way. I mean getting away from the Duggar's should be a postive but if it leaves her with just Derick I don't think so. 

That long of a NICU stay for a full term baby was probably an infection requiring a two week course of IV antibiotics imo. An infection would make sense with how long Jill was in labor too. (It's super easy for a mom to get infected during a long labor esp. if the water breaks early.)
    Whatever Derrick's reasons, I think being off the show will be a good thing for him (make him more job focused) and the rest of the Dillards. He may be right that he didn't get much money from the show. I still think JB takes the lion's share of that money.

28 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

That long of a NICU stay for a full term baby was probably an infection requiring a two week course of IV antibiotics imo. An infection would make sense with how long Jill was in labor too. (It's super easy for a mom to get infected during a long labor esp. if the water breaks early.)
    Whatever Derrick's reasons, I think being off the show will be a good thing for him (make him more job focused) and the rest of the Dillards. He may be right that he didn't get much money from the show. I still think JB takes the lion's share of that money.

Derrick does not strike me as a job type person. Or rather, he does something for a year or so and then does something else. I suppose he could always help with whatever the howler-men are doing as employment, but I could see him being more of a hindrance than a help if any real work is happening. The most likely scenario is that he’ll start another “ministry” and start traveling again by the end of the year.

For the love of God, why can't he answer people using more than 2 or 3 words?  He is not explaining anything, just making himself look like an ass. 

6 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

For the love of God, why can't he answer people using more than 2 or 3 words?  He is not explaining anything, just making himself look like an ass. 

I think he likes the attention he gets from being ~mysterious~ and keeping people speculating. It would be super easy for him to say why his baby was in the hospital but instead he alludes to it and makes everyone speculate.

6 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

He learned from the best, mommy dearest. When you have no argument, just sniff that 'a lot of assumptions are being made'. And if all else fails and the problem still won't go away, hit it with a wooden spoon.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived