IGNORED

Joy and Austin 19: 273 Days After the Wedding Gideon Arrived

Coconut Flan

I suppose. I just want one child to have something of their very own for as long as they can.

The Break down as it stands now:

Jan: Jana/JD, Joseph

Feb: Henry

March:Josh

April:Jason, Israel 

May: Jill, Jackson

June:Michael, Marcus

July: James,Meredith, Samuel 

August:Josiah,Jennifer,

September:Mason

October: Joy, Hannie, Mac 

November: Jessa,Justin, Spurgeon 

December: Jinger, Jed/Jer,Jordan, Josie

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My company's handbook says they offer a max of 16 work weeks for maternity - however, it doesn't say whether it's paid or not. 

So baby Forsyth will either share a bday month with Henry, or with his uncles Josh and Derick. We'll see. Personally my hunch says he or she will be here before Thursday (and now that I've put that out into the universe Joy will probably stay pregnant until March!)

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Every country has its major problems, corruption and asinine leaders. Dont people throw stones unless you want boulders back ;)

I will never understand the notion that you can’t criticize, even HEAVILY criticize, the U.S. just because it isn’t North Korea or something. 

How about we try to be better, MUCH better. ESPECIALLY when it comes to things like healthcare. 

Signed,

A chronically ill person who wants to be healthy without drowning in debt but also is glad I don’t live in a dictatorship :my_biggrin:

39 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

My company's handbook says they offer a max of 16 work weeks for maternity - however, it doesn't say whether it's paid or not. 

Mine is 6 weeks paid disability for mothers, with another 12 weeks unpaid under FMLA.  In other words, not much. Most women are back within two months.

Married partners of mothers get two weeks paid "paternity" leave that can be taken within 12 months of a baby's birth.  

35 minutes ago, RubyRei said:

I will never understand the notion that you can’t criticize, even HEAVILY criticize, the U.S. just because it isn’t North Korea or something. 

How about we try to be better, MUCH better. ESPECIALLY when it comes to things like healthcare. 

Signed,

A chronically ill person who wants to be healthy without drowning in debt but also is glad I don’t live in a dictatorship :my_biggrin:

I'm an American, I used to be proud of that, but not anymore, this country is a disgrace, we put profits before people. We pray to the GOP and his son Capitalism, Profits are our motives, an nothing but my bank balance and my family matters everyone can go fuck themselves.  We've lost empathy, when someone says we don't want anyone to suffer we are called snowflakes, and libtards, we want to shit on the constitution because we don't think it is a good idea for  Billy Bob and his sister-wife have eleventy children and eleeventymilion guns. And if  he cann't call people N*****s and f*****s then we are persecuting him.  We've become a society of I've got mine fuck you. 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

But dozens of hospital births will add up over time, 1 uncomplicated c/section will run over $15k  1 uncomplicated vaginal birth will run $10k, you put complications in and forget about it. At they moment they have 6  breeders Anna, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Kendra, Joy Anna and very shortly Lauren at 3 babies a year that is anywhere from $30k to $70k a year, and in 5 years odds are Jana, JD, Jed Jer & Jason will be married and breeding that is 11 breeders so you will up that to 6 babies a year adjust for rising medical costs and that $30 to $70k a year is now $75 to $150k a year, neither Boob nor TLC have that kind of money year after year, unless Boob takes payment from TLC in hospital payments. 

Wasn't it rumored that Josie's birth and care for her and MEchelle cost over a million dollars? 

Josie's care was covered, for the most part, by the government as she was an extremely preterm and fragile infant- costs associated with caring for that type of infant would bankrupt just about all Americans.

And Sam needed NICU care as indicated by the IV and Face tape (used for securing Oxygen)...that care adds up fast.

JB is comfortable, but how long can he support 7or 8 households? In particular, how long can he support those households in the manner in which they have become accustomed: growing families, no jobs, no education, Starbucks, Tacos4Life, International travel, iPhones, computers, numerous cars , homes, planes... 

IMO, it's not sustainable on JB alone.

9 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

It was never great to begin with under Obama, Bush or the rest. No president is invested enough to make that change.  

Presidents don't make laws, they enforce them. Congress are the ones who need to make laws.

That said, I am personally not a fan of requiring companies to pay for 100% of salary for a year long maternity leave. Nor am I ok with paying more taxes to pay for it. I want less government and fewer laws and lower taxes, not the opposite.

But I am also a Libertarian nerd, so there you go...

I personally believe he will financially take care of his princesses and their husbands as long as they don’t go very far off the reservation. I mean BC, drinking, Public school and the like not just wearing pants. The sons are pretty much on their own on the principle they should be able to handle their own flock by following his example. 

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

I personally believe he will financially take care of his princesses and their husbands as long as they don’t go very far off the reservation. I mean BC, drinking, Public school and the like not just wearing pants. The sons are pretty much on their own on the principle they should be able to handle their own flock by following his example. 

Do you believe that Josh has independently supported his family, entirely on his own and with zero financial support from JB, for the last 9 years?

Just curious though, when was the last public siting of Joy? Wasn't there a rumor that she actually gave birth a couple of months ago and was hiding it? 

Sorry, changed jobs to work full time and I am just trying to get caught up.

7 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

I am personally not a fan of requiring companies to pay for 100% of salary for a year long maternity leave. Nor am I ok with paying more taxes to pay for it. I want less government and fewer laws and lower taxes, not the opposite.

Well, let's take a closer look at this.

In the US we live in a place where a large number of women don't have access to affordable birth control.  In huge swaths of the country abortion clinics are very few are very far away.  You need money to get yourself transported to one, assuming you even have family support and haven't been fully shamed into keeping an unwanted pregnancy.  Because, you know, Jesus.

The right wing lunatic party is in charge of all three branches of the government and for years they've been trying to make it difficult if not impossible for women to even get birth control, never mind abortions.  Just look at what they've done and continue to try to do to Planned Parenthood alone.

Should they be allowed to have it both ways?   Force unwanted or unaffordable children into the world and then economically punish women for having those babies? 

Fuck them.

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do you believe that Josh has independently supported his family, entirely on his own and with zero financial support from JB, for the last 9 years?

Not Zero but not enough to say he was being entirely financially supported the entire time. He was working in some capacity or other for most of those 9 years, he would have been  getting his own paycheck from TLC when turned of age and they lived in grandmas old  house. And they probably were still going by the Buy used mantra which I don’t think any of the couples do more than pay lip service to anymore TBH  

It would have been difficult but not impossible. I don’t know about now I give you that.

Eh, I almost bit and responded, but I shouldn't have even responded in the first place. I just want a smaller government with less regulation. I want to pay for my own birth control if I want/need it, and not anyone elses. What you and your doctor decide us best for you, is your business, not mine.

That said, I am anxiously awaiting Joy's baby birth announcement. This family is a train wreck,  but I just can't look away.

5 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

Eh, I almost bit and responded, but I shouldn't have even responded in the first place. I just want a smaller government with less regulation. I want to pay for my own birth control if I want/need it, and not anyone elses. 

Birth control is way cheaper for society than unwanted pregnancies.  Incredibly cheaper, and for many different reasons.

Just now, JenniferJuniper said:

Birth control is way cheaper for society than unwanted pregnancies.  Incredibly cheaper, and for many different reasons.

I don't disagree. 

1 hour ago, sj3339sta said:

Just curious though, when was the last public siting of Joy? Wasn't there a rumor that she actually gave birth a couple of months ago and was hiding it? 

Sorry, changed jobs to work full time and I am just trying to get caught up.

Joy posted a photo and video of her an Austin at a car auction on February 13th. They are wearing identity tags that are dated so we know it was the same day. 

She's very visible a d very clearly still pregnant, and in the description says it was 9 days until her due date. So no truth to that rumour.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-02-25-11-33-38.thumb.png.ffc916e88599818212a0d9599c0c0543.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-02-25-11-34-20.thumb.png.2a7be4d4c85ba3aa38c6a0216d4dfb78.png

I may be jumping in here late, but I wanted to chime in a bit on maternity leave, etc in the US.  

After I had my first kid, I went back to work when he was 3 weeks old.  Liked not starving, so i couldn't afford not to.  I worked the drive thru at a fast food place.

Then, I started working for my father's (very small) company a few years later.  A couple of years after that, i had to have my gallbladder taken out.  Worked Friday morning, had surgery that afternoon, was back at work Monday.  I was the only person who could work the computer, so really, no choice.  

Then, about 10 years ago, I had a hysterectomy, on Wednesday.  I worked that morning.  They kept me overnight.  Next day, my dad picked me up, and to work I went.  

It sucked, but i really couldn't say much.  Everyone else was too old to do my job.  If I wasn't there, production stopped.  I always laugh, though, when people mention how easy I must have it, being the owner's daughter, and all.  Nope.  

And, there was the issue that my dad wasn't asking me to do anything he hadn't done.  He had a bypass done, and was at work the day after they discharged him.  

In fact, he passed away a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure he is still showing up for work!  LOL  (Not really... but it's a running joke here that he is still making us all behave!)

Frankly, all of these stories just make me realize, it's absolutely no wonder the U.S. has the worst infant and (especially) maternal mortality rates in the developed world, and also one of the lowest life expectancies.

I would hate going back to work when my baby was only teeny tiny! I’m part of a parenting forum (well, mostly for parents), and there are posters on there who are crying at the thought of leaving their six-MONTH-olds at nursery... I don’t think they’d be able to stomach leaving a child at six weeks. I get that needs must and all that, but having to leave your baby at three weeks because you can’t afford to not go back to work is just sad. That must’ve been utterly heart-wrenching. 

Also: it’s interesting how Joy’s name tag has her as Joy Duggar not Forsyth...

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Also: it’s interesting how Joy’s name tag has her as Joy Duggar not Forsyth...

I think it’s because Joy probably registered there as a Duggar years ago. Austin’s tag says guest, so they didn’t register together. I’m assuming she hasn’t done the process to change her name there, because it must be annoying asf. In my country we don’t have the custom to use our husbands’ last name but I’m assuming it must be a pain in the ass to change your name on every place where you had previously registered your maiden name.

20 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Frankly, all of these stories just make me realize, it's absolutely no wonder the U.S. has the worst infant and (especially) maternal mortality rates in the developed world, and also one of the lowest life expectancies.

Yep. My daughter lives in So America, so in the developing world. When she had her daughter nearly 4 years ago, she had 4 months of paid leave, (her husband had 4 weeks), and when she came back to work, she was allowed to work 1/2 time for FT pay for the reminder of the first year. In addition, her boss allowed her to bring her daughter to work with her during that time, and paid for a woman to watch C. on site. If a developing nation can figure it out, it's pretty sad that America can't. 

6 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Mine is 6 weeks paid disability for mothers, with another 12 weeks unpaid under FMLA.  In other words, not much. Most women are back within two months.

Married partners of mothers get two weeks paid "paternity" leave that can be taken within 12 months of a baby's birth.  

I didn't get any paid leave when Wychling was born.  I was working as a nurse back then; I didn't go back to work until Wychling slept through the night at 3 months.  I was terrified of making a med error due to my own lack of sleep.  Thank goodness Grampwych had his fulltime job.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived