IGNORED

Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

My grandmother has no waist/torso whatsoever. Like the only person I know who pulls her pants up to her boobs and it not look funny or unnatural. Super long arms and legs in contrast. There's a picture of her as a child and she's just all legs. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, those who carry high experience more heartburn. To quote Jinger, "The Law of Physics."

I carried both of mine up towards my throat- both were posterior presentations (Lucky me), c-sections, and I had mega heartburn both times.

There you go using science and reason to explain something. Lol. For me it felt like someone was driving a fist sized knife through my chest. I don’t have much of a waist at all so things were crowded really fast. 

I had awful heartburn throughout the third trimester and I carried my son low. It lasted until the very possible end with me throwing up from the acid while trying to push him out. He did come out with a nice head of dark hair. 

3 hours ago, lizzybee said:

My grandmother has no waist/torso whatsoever. Like the only person I know who pulls her pants up to her boobs and it not look funny or unnatural. Super long arms and legs in contrast. There's a picture of her as a child and she's just all legs. 

I am the exact opposite- I am 5-3 and my torso is as long as my mom's and she is 5-9. My daughter, OTOH is 5-2, but with a short torso and loooooong legs and arms like my mom. My arms and legs are short, very short.

3 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

There you go using science and reason to explain something. Lol. For me it felt like someone was driving a fist sized knife through my chest. I don’t have much of a waist at all so things were crowded really fast. 

I have a long torso, but they still hung out high, but I do have narrower hips,  barely looked PG and had small babies. I feel so sorry for these Duggar girls. They look so uncomfortable and this is suppose to be their mission in life? I'd avoid summer babies if I were them. 

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I am the exact opposite- I am 5-3 and my torso is as long as my mom's and she is 5-9. My daughter, OTOH is 5-2, but with a short torso and loooooong legs and arms like my mom. My arms and legs are short, very short.

I have a long torso, but they still hung out high, but I do have narrower hips,  barely looked PG and had small babies. I feel so sorry for these Duggar girls. They look so uncomfortable and this is suppose to be their mission in life? I'd avoid summer babies if I were them. 

My best friend is 10" shorter than me, but if we're sitting side by side, we're within 2 inches of each other.  She just has really short legs.

Well, I'm conflicted on whether JinJer's baby will be a boy or a girl. I thought girl right from when she announced, but the blue chalk on the 18 wk bump update has me conflicted. Easiest explanation is, blue chalk was lying around, but who knows if it's her quiet way of telling the sex?

11 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I have a super long torso. It's where all of my height is (not that there is much to begin with) and fortunately that means that pregnancy does not bring baby all the way up to my ribs. I still have a more heartburn than usual, but nothing a few tums doesn't help. Of course the opposite of that is how low I carry and how uncomfortable that is for my pelvis.

DS has always had an exceptional amount of hair and I've already had to trim some of it out of his eyes at 14mos. It's grown into a natural pageboy at this point, but I can't bear to give him a haircut. I'm often found affectionately petting that soft baby hair. I recently found a picture of my husband at age two with shoulder length hair, so I'm using it as leverage in case anyone comes for my baby with scissors.  

Don’t let anyone guilt you into it before you’re ready! My daughter will be 15 months in a week and she has the softest and loveliest hair right now. It’s getting pretty long and we’ve already been asked when we’re having it cut. We’re just sitting here like, she’s only 14 months! We’re growing it out until it’s too unruly to handle it or until she indicates she wants it cut.

They're only babies for such a short time. Enjoy that baby hair while it lasts.

4 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

@VelociRapture our babies are just days apart apparently. My son will be 15mos on Wednesday. 

Aw! December babies are the best!

(No offense non-December babies. :pb_lol:)

56 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Aw! December babies are the best!

(No offense non-December babies. :pb_lol:)

Nope. November babies are the rockstars. :) Especially the November Scorpio babies. :) 

I have to say Jinger has looked so much more confident in herself since getting married. I remember watching the episode where she went to buy "Texas" items for the family, just the way she walked into the stores took me back for a second. I hope that spark doesn't die after having a baby.

On the subject of baby hair - I think Waffle was about three when I finally relented to his first haircut. He simply did not need it before then. And the only reason I finally relented - his hair has a little curl to it and in the back - it was just all fuzz after a nap.  A little like Bernie Sanders hair. So we did one hair cut.

Then a few months later- we got a big boy hair cut. He's five now and has had more hair cuts -  he needs one now too and I just keep stroking his sweet babyish hair.... And sniffing his head.

4 hours ago, Letizia said:

I put this in the episode thread too but enjoy Jinger: Nike and proud of it.

Hide contents

09158_E64-792_F-46_CA-_A8_C1-51675692_A0

woah, they look great! She looks confident as heck, and that orange POPS.

I never really 'got' Jinger as 'the fashionable one' - her clothes choices in the TTH always just looked kind of weird to me - but her taste has really come out since getting married (and I guess having a greater budget, and a headship who 'lets' her wear this stuff) She knows how to style herself and I love that she seems to be enjoying it so much.

Usual disclaimer: abhor their beliefs, Jeremy's a creep etc, but this has been a good season of life for Jinger. 

11 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Just don't glob it up with pink Johnson's baby lotion. That still irks me, poor Josie!

I wonder if Michelle still does that because Josie's hair always looks so greasy. That poor girl :( I have no idea why that was ever a thing. 

In the episode last night, it was interesting to watch Jinger functioning within all the personalities of her siblings as they debated her kitchen. It was obvious she's wired pretty differently than many of them are. She was very overwhelmed and didn't know what she wanted. I don't think Jeremy lets her get away with self-deprecating and deferring to everyone else's opinions as much as she was used to doing at home. I think he builds her up. That's the difference we're seeing, I believe. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if Michelle still does that because Josie's hair always looks so greasy. That poor girl :( I have no idea why that was ever a thing. 

It was probably 1 of 2 things, either Josie had really dry scalp/cradle cap or Michelle thought it was the same as conditioner and hoped it would help her hair grow in thicker. That girl as some wispy fine hair.

In the congratulations video for Joy and Austin that JinJer made you can tell Jinger looks pregnant in the face and I think pregnancy looks so beautiful on her :my_blush:

30 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

In the episode last night, it was interesting to watch Jinger functioning within all the personalities of her siblings as they debated her kitchen. It was obvious she's wired pretty differently than many of them are. She was very overwhelmed and didn't know what she wanted. I don't think Jeremy lets her get away with self-deprecating and deferring to everyone else's opinions as much as she was used to doing at home. I think he builds her up. That's the difference we're seeing, I believe. 

I agree for the most part except I think she is very trained to not cause ripples, she's not going to take sides between her siblings. Jessa and her were very close growing up but Jessa was and still is very opinionated. It's probably why their personalities compliment each other. Jessa gets to be the leader and Jinger is the favorite sidekick.

Jinger, IMO, seems comfortable taking a back seat to anyone else's leadership. Even all of her facial expressions don't come across as overly judgmental like Jessa's- if i can throw that out there LOL

Well, Jin and Jeremy had a big group of free movers, and really the kitchen looked fantastic. Siblings will always have dynamics, whatever. And they can change stuff after the Dugs leave. But the advantages are there. For sure. 

55 minutes ago, new espadrille said:

I feel like Jinger will have the baby at a birthing center.

And be all cleaned up, dressed in white and looking like she just stepped out of a Spa before she is photographed post delivery, but then again, I though the same for Jessa, LOL.

51 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And be all cleaned up, dressed in white and looking like she just stepped out of a Spa before she is photographed post delivery, but then again, I though the same for Jessa, LOL.

And Jeremy will be next to her looking very dapper as well. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived