IGNORED

Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Don’t let anyone guilt you into it before you’re ready! My daughter will be 15 months in a week and she has the softest and loveliest hair right now. It’s getting pretty long and we’ve already been asked when we’re having it cut. We’re just sitting here like, she’s only 14 months! We’re growing it out until it’s too unruly to handle it or until she indicates she wants it cut.

They're only babies for such a short time. Enjoy that baby hair while it lasts.

Tell that to my husband! He keeps wanting to cut our son's hair. He's not even two yet and I love the baby curls!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My youngest needed a hair cut at birth. Yes, I had unbelievable heartburn with him. I think we buzzed his hair off when he was about a year old. He was getting food in it from finger feeding himself...so...off it went when it got warm (he was born in late June). He still has a thick head of hair and it is the same color as my natural color. I also carried him between my knees (felt like I had a bowling ball in my pelvis from about 6 months until the end). He split my pelvis with his birth...yeah, that was shittons of fun. 14.5 inch head...

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And be all cleaned up, dressed in white and looking like she just stepped out of a Spa before she is photographed post delivery, but then again, I though the same for Jessa, LOL.

She will rival or surpass Kate Middleton's stunning appearance post-royal-birth. :)

I bet Jinger will be a hospital birth with pain meds and an epidural. I'll be surprised if it isn't that.

12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I bet Jinger will be a hospital birth with pain meds and an epidural. I'll be surprised if it isn't that.

I hope she gets whatever she wants as long as she is safely monitored 

Jinger is definitely not even going to consider a homebirth and there will be no camera crew or extra siblings for the spectacle in that delivery room IMO. That what I truly believe, based on her looks and comments I've seen and heard and her refusal to be a part of other peoples deliveries. Scrunches nose up, shakes head and rolls eyes, says "no that's not my thing"....she wants to have babies but she's not really that "into" the spectacle of it all delivery wise. I would also be surprised if she didn't  have a hospital birth with all the fixins'.

I don’t guess she’ll not want at least Jessa or her mother. She doesn’t hate her family or want to separate herself from them after all. 

31 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I don’t guess she’ll not want at least Jessa or her mother. She doesn’t hate her family or want to separate herself from them after all. 

I don't know. I had my baby with just me and my husband present - and, eventually, the kid. We were 500 miles from my family and 900 miles from his. It was an amazing time, just the three of us for the first two weeks. I'm not gonna lie and say it was easy, because it wasn't - but it was a GOOD thing for us to learn our new roles in the world.

They chose to continue being in the family buisness AKA Reality TV. To do that they are obligated at least to a certain extent to go with what the Show Runners want as scenes, Ideas, trips ETC. I doubt that means opting out of the birthing scene money shots which are what most people are tuning in for anyway. 

I wonder if Jinger will ban her family from coming to see her baby/delivery like she banned them for 6 months after they were married?

Banning family, esp grandparents  from seeing a new baby for six months? That’s a family war right there. Besides they have to film together. Not feasible.

I don't think she will ban her family for 6 months. The marriage was one thing they barely knew each other and needed to get to know one another. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

They chose to continue being in the family buisness AKA Reality TV. To do that they are obligated at least to a certain extent to go with what the Show Runners want as scenes, Ideas, trips ETC. I doubt that means opting out of the birthing scene money shots which are what most people are tuning in for anyway. 

I don't know about that. Alyssa (Bates) Webster's births were never shown on Bringing Up Bates, we only saw the last check-ups before birth and Gil and Kelly visiting them after the baby was born 8in the case of their oldest daughter). Feels like Jinger and Jeremy could get the same "deal" with their child.

55 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if Jinger will ban her family from coming to see her baby/delivery like she banned them for 6 months after they were married?

I don't see them filming Jinger's birth. I don't think Jeremy would allow it or it would go with his image they are trying to create endlessly, the tennis was excruciating to watch to perfect they are always trying to be...

I potentially bet we will be viewing Jinger going into labour and Jeremy spouting it was something personal you can view it after when we are all clean. 

I think Jessa will be allowed in if it all or speaking for the two of them. 

That tennis game showed me that much. 

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

then I think I see with them - we get to go to the doctor to see how she is doing...and then shopping for a food craving and perhaps a class in changing diapers because does Jinger or Jeremy know how to do that? 

these two are like the yuppie version apparently despite their beliefs and we have to pretend they are. 

Now that Jinger is free to do as she pleases I wonder if she lurks on this site.  Shoot I found this site because a mega mom told me about it.  She was (apparently) a long time lurker.

Is it so normal to have mother and sister(s) present in the USA?

To me, having anyone present but your SO (except for medical professionals) seems strange to me.

3 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

To me, having anyone present but your SO (except for medical professionals) seems strange to me.

And to me too. IMO, every couple is different. Birth is not a spectator sport or an event that requires an audience of lookie-loos- and I used to attend births as part of my job :my_tongue:

38 minutes ago, ActualReality said:

Now that Jinger is free to do as she pleases I wonder if she lurks on this site.  Shoot I found this site because a mega mom told me about it.  She was (apparently) a long time lurker.

The Duggar sisters have known about FJ for years so it would be incomprehensible that one or more don’t lurk sometimes. 

(Hey to which ever Duggar is here! I don’t hate you personally or wish you ill just what you stand for)

It's pretty much a given that Derwank lurks here. Though I'm sure the rest of the family with better (to them better) things to do don't spend a lot of time reading here. 

I personally didn't have any other family besides my husband when I gave birth, but we know Jill will probably try to get in on it somehow. I hope if that's not what Jinger wants, she puts her foot down and tells everyone to stay home. I always thought it was strange how all 19 kids would visit the baby immediately after it was born. So many germs. 

I think Derick is the only one who I could maybe see lurking here. He definitely seems like the type to hate read. I'd be kind of surprised if he and Cathy could keep themselves from commenting, though. 

On 2/26/2018 at 12:15 PM, lizzybee said:

My grandmother has no waist/torso whatsoever. Like the only person I know who pulls her pants up to her boobs and it not look funny or unnatural. Super long arms and legs in contrast. There's a picture of her as a child and she's just all legs. 

This is the exact opposite of me.  I wear 10 inch high rise jeans that don't even reach my belly button.  I try and be photographed from mid-thigh up so I look tall and lean -- if you can see my whole body I look shorter than my 5'7 height.   Heels are the only way to make me look even semi-proportional.  

I haven't been pregnant till full-term but at 12 weeks, no one could tell, even in a bathing suit.   

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It depends? It seems like most people go for partner, then maybe a family member and/or doula. I know when I had my son I wanted my husband and told him that I might want my mom, but that's it. If I couldn't have him with me for some reason, I'd want to have her, but that's it. I didn't want anyone else.

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It depends on the person/family. Most new moms I know have had their parents stay in the hospital waiting area to see the baby shortly after it's born, and only had their partner/husband present for the actual delivery. But I've definitely known people who had parents, siblings, close friends and/or in-laws present in the delivery room! 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived