IGNORED

Which fundie change surprised you the most?

JermajestyDuggar

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe that's an old family picture and they edited Bradrick out? If he was behind Kelly all the way to the left, it wouldn't be hard.

According to FB, Blair had 5 kids as of Nov 2016. David & Monica had 2 in a 2013 photo -- pretty sure it'd be more by now. Including the 6 young Bradricks, that should be at least 13 grandchildren. Can only see 12 (ex utero) in this recently posted photo.

@Bethella - can you check your amazing spreadsheets & give us a head count for Scott & Deborah Brown's grandchildren? TIA!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread inspired me to check in on some fundies on fb and I saw a post from Melissa Thomas Niednagel. She posted a bunch of pictures of a recent shower she attended with lots of captions. She actually posted a picture of a baby receiving medicine from Mom due to a recent surgery from a MUMPS ABCESS. 

When will these fundies learn to fucking vaccinate? Now the baby in question is obviously too young for the MMR vaccine so I'm not blaming her Mom. But how much do you want to bet some homeschooled unvaxed fundie kid gave the mumps to that poor baby. She's doesn't even look 6 months old! 

IMG_7223.PNG

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

According to FB, Blair had 5 kids as of Nov 2016. David & Monica had 2 in a 2013 photo -- pretty sure it'd be more by now. Including the 6 young Bradricks, that should be at least 13 grandchildren. Can only see 12 (ex utero) in this recently posted photo.

Found some updated info. David & Monica have at least 6 kids now so with Blair's & Kelly's offspring included, that photo is at least 5 grandchildren short.

Re: mumps. In that milieu, it's a likely bet that an unvaccinated older kid gave the baby mumps.

When I was a kid pre-MMR vaccine, I had mumps, and it was EXCRUCIATING.

I just hope that mother's experience encourages some fundies around her to vaccinate. Seeing a baby with mumps would have to inspire someone to vax their kids. If it doesn't, then they must be morons.

14 minutes ago, Hane said:

When I was a kid pre-MMR vaccine, I had mumps, and it was EXCRUCIATING.

I had mumps & measles (rubeola) right after one another, back in the late 1950s. I wasn't very old (maybe 5-6) but I sure as hell remember how miserable I was. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Seeing a baby with mumps would have to inspire someone to back their kids. If it doesn't, then they must be morons.

Or arrogant asshats, which many of these people are.

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Or arrogant asshats, which many of these people are.

That is the perfect descriptor of non-Vaxer Paul Miller after his newborn almost died from whooping cough. 

I don't think that's recent. Kelly's oldest is 9 and Monica had her last one only a year ago. Blair and Taylor have at least 5 but not sure of anymore after that...

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

@Bethella - can you check your amazing spreadsheets & give us a head count for Scott & Deborah Brown's grandchildren? TIA!

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Found some updated info. David & Monica have at least 6 kids now so with Blair's & Kelly's offspring included, that photo is at least 5 grandchildren short.

Re: mumps. In that milieu, it's a likely bet that an unvaccinated older kid gave the baby mumps.

I have 17 grandkids listed for the Browns (Kelly has six, Blair & Taylor have five and David & Monica have six):

1. Triumph Perseverance Bradrick b. July 2007
  2. Knox Defender Bradrick b. November 2008
  3. Loyal Cromwell Bradrick b. January 2010
  4. Iona Wisdom Brown b. January 2011
  5. Geneva Constance Bradrick b. May 2011
  6. Aeden Chase Tsantles b. September 2011
  7. William Endurance Brown b. April 2012
  8. Michael Courage Bradrick b. May 2012
  9. Adalyn Paige Tsantles b. August 2012
  10. Samantha Verity Brown b. August 2013
  11. Carter Owen Tsantles b. September 2013
  12. Shepherd Thomas Bradrick b. May 2014
  13. Miles Livingston Brown b. October 2014
  14. Harper Tsantles b. November 2014
  15. Katherine Lee Brown b. April 2016
  16. Felicity Tsantles b. July 2016
  17. Sylvia Carol Brown b. September 2017

Ohhh those names... Triumph Perseverance and Knox Defender.... dafuq... but Shepherd Thomas takes the piss. An utterly ridiculous first name with one of the most common, banal names as a middle name? Just why? Why would you do that to your child?

Geneva Constance has a ring to it, i quite like that name in a way! 

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

AKA Geneva Convention around these parts.

Thank you, @Bethella! That list is stunning in more ways than one.

Funny how after just reading a few of the names I was able to guess the last name. Bradricks chose true eye rollers, Browns picked a "classic"  first and a character attribute for middle (for the first few, looks like they gave up for the last), and the Tsantles just went with whatever they liked. 

I thought I wouldn't be caught dead saying that but phew...Spurgeon is not that bad a name! I mean, if I had to choose between Spurgeon Eliott and Triumph Perseverance I would definitely know my pick. 

Somehow "William Endurance" strikes me as the worst. It's like the name of a superhero that fights erectile dysfunction.

9 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Somehow "William Endurance" strikes me as the worst. It's like the name of a superhero that fights erectile dysfunction.

I agree. Willie Endurance is bad. At least he wasn't named after Peter Bradrick. Peter Endurance is worse. 

On 3/8/2018 at 6:33 AM, mango_fandango said:

Ohhh those names... Triumph Perseverance and Knox Defender.... dafuq... but Shepherd Thomas takes the piss. An utterly ridiculous first name with one of the most common, banal names as a middle name? Just why? Why would you do that to your child?

See, to me Shepherd seems like a fairly normal name. A bit unusual, but not completely ridiculous like f----ing TRIUMPH PERSEVERANCE. Good God. I mean, at least little Shep can go by Thomas if he decides he doesn't like his first name. 

What I kinda meant with my comment was that “Shepherd” and “Thomas” together just seem so incongruous. Triumph Perseverance is ridiculous, yes, but at least it’s two stupid names together... if you get what I mean, or of course that could be seen as bad, too, like “aw man at least he gets one normal name, I have two stupid ones!!”

Curious, how old are Taylor Tsantles and Blair? He can't be much more than mid 20s, right?

Surprised no mention of the Pennington Point. Alecia Faith and Hope are about as far from what Lisa beat into them as one could hope so quickly after breaking away.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Curious, how old are Taylor Tsantles and Blair? He can't be much more than mid 20s, right?

IIRC, Taylor was 17 when they married which, again IIRC, was 2010.

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

These three sound to me like names for race horses. 

“Aaaaaand Triumph Perseverance is in the lead as they round the final turn! Knox Defender is a few paces behind but still in it! As they approach the finish, Loyal Cromwell springs forward and takes the win!”

Is Triumph Perseverance a boy or a girl? I don't follow this family.

I'm of the opinion that people should give one normal name (Spurgeon Elliot, anyone?) for the kid to fall back on later.  Poor Triumph. I guess if he's a boy he can go by Percy?

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like Blair and Taylor are due for #6 this year. 

If I remember correctly Blair was 21 when they got married. So now she is 29 years old. At least 10-12 years of child bearing left for her. Yikes.

Archived