IGNORED

Seewalds 31: Jessa’s Maybe-Baby

Jellybean

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Don't believe anything you read in In Touch magazine.  It gives fake news. The Duggars wouldn't wait to announce 4 months into a pregnancy.  Even if their trying to be polite and not take any spot light away; it's been over 2 weeks almost now since they announced Josiah was engaged.  

What a weird article. "Jinger is just about at 21 weeks, or three months pregnant." Ah yes, because everybody knows a month has 7 weeks. 

This is from ‘a source’.  Click bait. 

Ireland has a horrible history when it comes to adoption. The Catholic Church held such power over the state, unmarried mothers were forced into mother and baby homes, effectively imprisoned, gave birth in agony and were told - you had your fun, now feel the pain. Their babies were either sold to American adoptive parents through the church, adopted in Ireland or left to rot in orphanages and industrial schools where horrific physical and sexual abuse took place. The mothers often lived out their days in the mother and baby homes (Magdalene laundries) working for no pay, unless their families claimed them post birth. This practice happened right up until the 70s. The last of the laundries closed in the 90s, and the elderly women who’d spent their lives there were moved on to convents. I highly recommend the movie The Magdalene Sisters for some insight.

I’ve been reading the last few pages with interest. I am always surprised that the practice of adoption is still so prevalent in the US. Today there is almost no adoption in Ireland, except through foreign adoption from China, Russia, and interestingly most frequently from the US. There are almost no Irish babies placed for adoption.

Perhaps in a response to ireland’s past adoption misdeeds, very few people in crisis pregnancy would even consider adoption. There is adequate financial support and housing available to a single parent, although the system is far from perfect. Abortion is still illegal in Ireland (for now) but that doesn’t mean there is no abortion in Ireland. Cheap flights to the UK, the availability of the abortion pill, and the help of various organisations who will help you procure pills or help fund your trip to the UK, means abortion is available to almost anyone who needs it. We have a referendum coming up in May to repeal the 8th amendment to our constitution (which gives equal rights to the unborn), wish us luck! #repealthe8th

Culturally, Irish people do not consider adoption to be a great thing. It’s always considered that the best place for a child is with its mother, and that the mother should be supported in every way. The best interests of the child always come first. A popular saying is - Adoption should mean a home for a child, not a child for a home. There is no emphasis placed on an adult’s ‘right’ to adopt. 

Having said that, there are plenty of older children in long term foster care in Ireland who cannot be adopted because their parents have not relinquished their rights. Fun fact: In Ireland, if you are married with existing children, and wish to place your newborn baby for adoption (something I see on those American adoption story shows on TLC etc), you cannot do this without declaring yourself unfit to parent your other children and relinquishing your rights to those children too. (Something we like to tell the anti-choice brigade when they suggest adoption as an alternative to abortion, considering the vast majority of abortions are sought by women who already have children)

I'll wait to see a proper announcement! Although to be honest, I wouldn't be shocked! :P 

22 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

She's actually due BEFORE Jinger.

Only if 21 weeks (for Jinger) is less than the ‘reported’ 16-17 weeks for Jessa!

16 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

This is from ‘a source’.  Click bait. 

I could be this "source". Tom Hanks could be this "source" the only real magazines to find like news for them is UsWeekly and People Magazine 

5 minutes ago, mommagoose said:

I could be this "source". Tom Hanks could be this "source" the only real magazines to find like news for them is UsWeekly and People Magazine 

Clearly I'm the source! :P 

I think she is pregnant, but I don't think this is a reputable article. Don't they normally work with People?

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

as much as in touch did tell the truth about Josh in most things this included I do not trust them. Us or People are the only two mags I really trust and US only sometimes. 

If the Duchess of Cambridge had been pregnant as many times as In Touch has announced a pregnancy for her (and twins every time!), they'd be on track to have as many as the Duggars. 

Just now, louisa05 said:

If the Duchess of Cambridge had been pregnant as many times as In Touch has announced a pregnancy for her (and twins every time!), they'd be on track to have as many as the Duggars. 

And with TWINS! lol

Or TRIPLETS! haha

On the adoption topic- I know a few adopted people (who were instrumental in us picking a local vs. foreign adoption) and both have zero relationship with birth families. One says she just doesn't care. She knows her parents are - she doesn't care about her birth family at all. One has had contact with his birth mom and says she's crazy and he wants nothing to do with her. 

I also have 2 adopted cousins. One who found his birth mom but not his birth dad. And one who found her birth parents. Who had her when they were in high school, thought about coming back for her and decided against it - but got married and had three boys. I don't know what her relationship is with them now - but I know she's been in touch with them and they might have been at her wedding? 
And I have friends who adopted from China and from South Africa and have ZERO family history on either of their daughters and I would imagine that's going to be a struggle as the girls get older. The daughter from China has some medical issues and some trauma related to her time in the orphanage. The daughter from SA I don't think has any issues- she was found on the side of the road and lovingly cared for in a foster situation till adoption. 

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

What a weird article. "Jinger is just about at 21 weeks, or three months pregnant." Ah yes, because everybody knows a month has 7 weeks. 

That's the first thing I noticed too, lol

So basically In Touch knows about as much as everyone else does (except for how many weeks make up a month, apparently). Cool.

While I think it's true, InTouch is the last magazine any of the Duggar daughters would ever go to with exclusive information. 

55 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Clearly I'm the source! :P 

I'll be the source!  

Newsflash:  Jessa Duggar Seewald is pregnant with identical twin girls, due anytime before her sister Jinger delivers her first child because those Duggars are nothing if not competitive.

Jessa and husband Bin intend for the birth to happen at home in an inflatable tub filled with Plexus and essential oils.  Jill is looking forward to garnering major points with this delivery:

First Duggar daughter to deliver a girl = 5 points
First Duggar anything to have identical twins = 10 points
Delivering identital twins at home = 50 points
Rubbing that in Anna's face = priceless

Bin will hang out and try not to flashback too much to the disasterous Duggar deliveries of the last decade, reminding himself that since no one actually died it's all good.

Grandma Michelle Duggar will coo "precious" and "sweet" in the background, and memorize the address if she has to call for help.  Grandpa JB Duggar will wait on the lawn with as many of his other offspring he can gather.  To boost morale they'll be singing "Blood of the Lamb" over and over again.  

A 'midwife' of suspect qualifications will oversee the event.  Sister Jill will be there with her "doctor things" and make pronouncements that will inevitably prove to be completely wrong.  Her other role will be to make sure there is an open path to the back door for above mentioned midwife if/when medical help is requested if/when things fall apart.  Jill's husband Derick will be nearby eating his liver and texting "It's not faaiiirrrreeee!" to his mother.  She'll text back that he's the most special-est boy in the world and promise to send him some Tuttle Twins books after she finishes sticking up for him on Twitter.

Old maid sister Jana will be in the kitchen making snacks for the crowd and overseeing childcare for the younger Duggars while her own twin JD hangs out at the airport making snarky comments to passersby.

Miracle Baby Josie will be nearby licking the plates.  Little girls Hannah and Jenni will stay quietly in the background and wait to be noticed.  The Lost Boys will be running amok outside trying to break into the house while Jackson will be on the alert for a photobomb opportunity.  Cousin Oliver will watch from a vehicle and wonder how the hell he ended up in this mess.

Eventually everyone will crowd into the Seewald home and pass babies around for a while.  Keep an eye out for Jackson, he's freakishly fast at getting in the shot.  If he could be unleashed from the Quiverfull mindset he might be the next superhero, as long as all he had to do was be there when someone was taking a picture.

While I do think it is fair, and very important for adopted children to be able to know their origins, I don't think it's acceptable or fair for said children to hunt down the parents who obviously made many decisions to remain anonymous. Just imagine having to relive the trauma of giving up a baby for adoption, only to have that trauma resurface years later when you hadn't even thought such a thing possible. 

This is not to say that the parent who gave away a child should not at least supply a family history of diseases/disorders. 

Jessa seems to be favoring instastories over actual posts these days which is extremely smart. And folks say these girls don't think. lol

I suspect she's doing it because the shelf life of the stories are limited. Yeah, folks can screenshot, but that means they need to incessantly check in on her to catch them.

That leads to more followers. If you don't follow, you won't get the stories. 

#cleverlady

41 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

While I do think it is fair, and very important for adopted children to be able to know their origins, I don't think it's acceptable or fair for said children to hunt down the parents who obviously made many decisions to remain anonymous. Just imagine having to relive the trauma of giving up a baby for adoption, only to have that trauma resurface years later when you hadn't even thought such a thing possible. 

This is not to say that the parent who gave away a child should not at least supply a family history of diseases/disorders. 

The problem is that a lot of adoptees have absolutely no idea whether their birth parents actually chose to remain anonymous, nor if they changed their minds in the intervening decades. I believe that adoptees have every right to 'hunt down' their biological families, but if they discover that said biological family members want no contact/to remain anonymous, they should respect that.

I would not be shocked in the slightest if Jessa is pregnant, but that picture in the article ifs from a video when Jessa was pregnant with Spurgeon.

“Jessa is definitely pregnant and will be making an announcement in April,” a source told In Touch

If this source is real than they're kind of a crappy friend, since Jessa isn't planning on announcing until April.

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The problem is that a lot of adoptees have absolutely no idea whether their birth parents actually chose to remain anonymous, nor if they changed their minds in the intervening decades. I believe that adoptees have every right to 'hunt down' their biological families, but if they discover that said biological family members want no contact/to remain anonymous, they should respect that.

Exactly.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived