IGNORED

Candy Brauer Health Scare

Florita

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Having read that, I’m no medical professional, but I know this much is true: Mountain Dew does not cause heavy bleeding. 

Oh, and she needs to go to a doctor. Dear God. 

I think a poor sugar heavy diet can contribute to heavy and messed up periods, but  just drinking one random coke shouldn't do it. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EowynW said:

I think a poor sugar heavy diet can contribute to heavy and messed up periods, but  just drinking one random coke shouldn't do it. 

She said that the bleeding had decreased and then she had a Mountain Dew while she was out shopping and it got heavy again, which “may or may not be related.”  

19 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Well if you grew up in a small-ish town like I did everyone will know because the pharmacist filling the prescription will tell his wife (or another customer) and in 3 hours it would be all over town.

Well, it was a small town, but not THAT small... enough pharmacies that she could have gotten the Pill from somewhere we didn't shop, for instance. I just thought it dumb THEN, and I still think it dumb NOW.. you have a 14 year old child with uncontrolled bleeding, the doctor gives you a pack of PIlls and says, start her on these and keep her on these.. if it had been vitamins, it would have been ok...

It may be callus, but survival of the fittest and all that. If you’re too fucking stupid to seek medical attention after bleeding heavily for weeks on end, you really should just drop off the planet.

Maybe Candy has White Coat Phobia? There are people here on FJ who put off/avoid going to the doctor because of that. It is not an uncommon anxiety. 

If she is willing to neglect her own health to this freakishly scary point, how much does she neglect her kids'?

When I first discovered Candy,  they were living in a home infested with brown recluse spiders. If I recall correctly, she wasn't worried because she said bites could be easily treated with hot water.

She also promoted taking care of your own dental cavities, making your own glasses, and claimed she had a cure for Down syndrome.  Also, if you follow her diet, she promises that your shit will literally not stink. 

So, yes, I agree---it's alarming that she makes medical decisions for other people.

14 minutes ago, Florita said:

Maybe Candy has White Coat Phobia? There are people here on FJ who put off/avoid going to the doctor because of that. It is not an uncommon anxiety. 

That could be part of the problem,  along with a raging case of "I'm-Smarter-than--Everyone-itis."

@Emilycharlotte The brown recluse spider infestation was about the time I started reading her blog also.

The last 2 kids, iirc, were delivered at home by her husband. No midwife, no prenatal care whatsoever.

I am NOT defending Candy (she is an idiot and really should have gone to a doctor weeks ago), but most of the houses where I live are infested with brown recluse spiders.  They are  almost impossible to get rid of and they rarely bite.  You just learn to shake out your clothes and shoes and look before you stick your hands or feet in places where they might hide. In the rare cases when people do get bitten, the vast majority of bites are not necrotic.

Not that I don't smash the hell out of them whenever I see one!

5 hours ago, Florita said:

@Emilycharlotte The brown recluse spider infestation was about the time I started reading her blog also.

The last 2 kids, iirc, were delivered at home by her husband. No midwife, no prenatal care whatsoever.

All her kids were home deliveries. I think it was the first that her husband used a paperclip to break her water. Apparently god told them it was all going to be ok so they knew it would be just fine.

She also used to say that women who had menstrual issues just didn't take care of themselves. And no one in her house needed to use deodorant because they ate such nutricious meals. And she wanted to buy a used dental drill to drill her own teeth. 

And some pit of some fruit I can't remember was a cure for cancer.

The whackadoo is strong in that family and they feed off each other. 

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

some pit of some fruit I can't remember was a cure for cancer.

Apricot pits -- the kernel inside the pits actually -- are the source of laetrile supposedly a cancer cure. It was very popular in the 70s. It is a quack worthless cure that can be toxic.

Candy is stupid for not going to the doctor while bleeding for 20 days.  After dipping into her blog, she also seems to be idiot and possible a little mentally unbalanced.

Anyone who claims they can "cure" Downs Syndrome is a special kind of ignorant and foolish. 

She is willfully and deliberately putting her health and welfare and by extension her children's, at complete risk. 

The arrogance is stunning.

I had this a few years ago, helped immensely by putting in a Mirena IUD, and I suspect an ablation might be in the cards eventually. Candy, get thine ass to medical professionals ASAP. This is nothing herbs, prayer, and essential oils can help with. God has already answered your prayers for help in the form of extensively trained and skilled doctors and nurses. Prayer works that way.

I had this and I got really worried reading on Web MD about quarter-sized clots when mine were the size of a dinner plate - TMI, sorry.  I went to the gyno, had a transvag ultrasound and was declared the proud owner of a lovely fibroid.  This gal is playing with fire.  I think she may be a little more obtuse because of her admitted Asperger's.  Whether it is real or self-diagnosed, she lives in her own head and isn't receptive to anything outside her black-and-white box of absolutes.  Probably why the fundy lifestyle is so appealing.

Day 24 (Monday 2/26).  Candy is down to some spotting.

24 effiing days of bleeding -- and this idiot thinks it's no big.  I just cannot with the level of stupidity this woman shows.

She says she's going to show us all the Lord has revealed to her about menorrhagia, but she's going to wait until she's quit bleeding completely. (Oooo can't wait (not))

Didn't someone mention up thread she's about due to begin her period?

• 2 weeks later...

Does this woman not have healthcare or is she against doctors?

I just can't stand when people don't receive medical care because of God! I'm currently reading a book In the Name of God by Cameron Stauth about members of a church who were prosecuted for letting their ill children die. Usually it was medical issues that were not serious but became so when nothing was done (kidney infections, cysts). They believed that if you went and got medical care you would receive the pain you were curing tenfold in the afterlife, as punishment for your lack of faith. 

If you believe that God created everything, why doesn't that include doctors and medicine?

On 2/22/2018 at 6:02 PM, zeebaneighba said:

I am NOT defending Candy (she is an idiot and really should have gone to a doctor weeks ago), but most of the houses where I live are infested with brown recluse spiders.  They are  almost impossible to get rid of and they rarely bite.  You just learn to shake out your clothes and shoes and look before you stick your hands or feet in places where they might hide. In the rare cases when people do get bitten, the vast majority of bites are not necrotic.

Not that I don't smash the hell out of them whenever I see one!

I’m sorry this sounds like a nightmare I had once!! I’m so sorry you have to deal with that!

6 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

I’m sorry this sounds like a nightmare I had once!! I’m so sorry you have to deal with that!

It's really not that bad.  Spiders are everywhere!  I'd rather have them than the roaches that infested our on-campus apartment the first year we were married!

On 3/8/2018 at 1:47 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

Does this woman not have healthcare or is she against doctors?

I just can't stand when people don't receive medical care because of God! I'm currently reading a book In the Name of God by Cameron Stauth about members of a church who were prosecuted for letting their ill children die. Usually it was medical issues that were not serious but became so when nothing was done (kidney infections, cysts). They believed that if you went and got medical care you would receive the pain you were curing tenfold in the afterlife, as punishment for your lack of faith. 

It's a cocktail, really.

It's very likely they don't have healthcare, so there's a dash of that.  Candy also doesn't like really ANY authority figure (she never grew out of her issues with her parents), so there's some of that as well.  She doesn't have any ties outside her family, so if she doesn't have a car, transportation would be rough, but I think with how many days have passed, that excuse is no longer valid.  She's had time to get Erick to drive her.    

But there's a TON of pride at work here.  Candy is delusional and honestly believes she is one of the smartest people in the world.  She very genuinely believes she's a super genius.  She ALSO believes Sasquatches used to throw rocks at her, and I am not sure she ever actually obtained a high school diploma.  She's not smart.  She's on the lower side of intelligence, honestly, is INCREDIBLY gullible, will believe ANYTHING that fits her agenda, and is grossly under-educated.  

I'm not saying this to be mean.  I am saying that this is not a bright woman.  The smartest thing she's ever done is her "Home Management Binder" which is essentially just a binder doing normal binder organizing things.  I set up very similar binders to manage various aspects of my life in 3rd grade, and honestly they were probably better.  

But you can depend that on some level, one of the factors in play here is that she truly believes that she is smarter than a doctor, that she can cure this on her own, and that doctors have nothing to offer her.    

The reason Candy isn't going in is because her head is too far up her own ass to see that OTHER PEOPLE have something to offer her.  THAT'S why she's going to tell us all about it.  Because as the superior being, she has a DUTY to impart her wisdom to us lesser beings.  

On some level, Candy does believe that she is BETTER than everyone else.  And she believes it to such a degree that she is always unlikely to seek help because she does not believe that lesser Christians who do not have her MENSA intellect could POSSIBLY offer anything to someone so brilliant as HER.  

7 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

She ALSO believes Sasquatches used to throw rocks at her, and I am not sure she ever actually obtained a high school diploma. 

Sasquatches don't throw rocks.  They poke people with sticks! 

Seriously, I'm a Christian. I have no problem going to a doctor when I need to. I figure that we all have gifts and that the doctors are using theirs. I think she has serious authority issues.

Are you sure Candy made up her own binders? You can buy them from FlyLady already made up...

candy.JPG.b9658b1f9d768cf66d8bb4af3a39e95e.JPG

Still bleeding.

Emergency measures = spoonful of spices. :my_huh:

Not surprising she's trying to be healed by prayer. 

Hopefully when she finally passes out she doesn't crack her head open. But, then again, maybe that is what it will take to get her to real medical treatment,

So... Candy, dear stupid Candy. March 10 was Day 36 of bleeding.  36. Effing. Days. of bleeding without stopping. 

What the hell is wrong with your brain!  This is not normal. Passing clots the size of your fist is NOT normal.

I'm not wishing bad things on you.  But Darwin Principle, look into it.

‘back to just a heavy bleed’ despite taking turmeric etc.  I can’t think of a single thing to say.  Except, yay, the laying of hands is working.  I honestly can’t believe that this isn’t a parody.

How can you be so STUPID? I encountered this woman tonight. ...Just when I thought I'd seen everything fundies could do....

Archived