IGNORED

Twin Watch - Kristina Keeps

Jessica

I was reading her blog, she's new to me. She got engaged in Arby's! :o

It looks like she got married in 2009, baby in 9/2010, and now twins any day in 10/2011. Uffda! That's a lot of major changes in a short period of time.

I don't really understand the value of not touching one another during courtship but she shows photos with a ruler showing they are 6 inches apart. Are courting couples really supposed to stay 6 inches apart? How absurd. Though looking back our housemothers in the dorms, where boys could only visit in the very formal front room, were expected to stay 6 inches from us. That was in the 60's and was stupid even then. But today, give me a break. :roll:

My God-daughter had a single birth, and then exactly 2 years later to the date she had twins. Then she was done. ;)

Yes I saw Kristina's blog today and thought that it was a form of baby announcement.

(and... those are some weird names. If I ever *DO* have kids I will come here to vet my baby names.)

The background of her blog looks like a used sanitary napkin. What's up with that? :|

The background of her blog looks like a used sanitary napkin. What's up with that? :|

Crap, now I'm never going to be able to un-see that. :hand:

Guest Anonymous

Hey the woman has permission to use reprints from the KJV, 'from the original author'.... :roll:

Kristina posted some disagreements with Debi Pearl:

kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Pearl%27s%20-%20No%20Greater%20Joy

I had to laugh at the cake. Perhaps I have a dirty mind but it looked like Tiger was ready to hump Pooh.

I had to laugh at the cake. Perhaps I have a dirty mind but it looked like Tiger was ready to hump Pooh.

It reminds me of when Simba and Nala reconnect in the jungle, and even as a four-year-old, I knew there was something going on there... ;)

I'm guessing it's an announcement, and I still think those names are ridiculous.

Yeah I think it is an announcement the twins arrived, she probably just hasn't had time to post pics and updates. I wonder if they are in the NICU? She has made it pretty far into the pregnancy, so hopefully not.

It reminds me of when Simba and Nala reconnect in the jungle, and even as a four-year-old, I knew there was something going on there... ;)

I'm guessing it's an announcement, and I still think those names are ridiculous.

ahaha I had the same thought!

and yes the name... I don't think she wants special spelling. it's just that she can't spell (see numerous occasions on her posts)

Yes I saw Kristina's blog today and thought that it was a form of baby announcement.

(and... those are some weird names. If I ever *DO* have kids I will come here to vet my baby names.)

The names are a little speshul snowflake, but I actually like them all separately (the girl's names more than the boy's). Now, once you start putting them all together...that's a lot of alliteration.

Vet the spellings please. Working in the schools I have come across a Johnathan and a Seen (Dad's name was Sean). I really do think some parents don't know how to spell and the name gets put on the birth certificate bad spelling and all. Others like Kristina spell the names in a "unique" way intentionally. Pretty soon, the "conventional" way of spelling names will seem exotic. About the blogger, Kristina does have some things going for her. Her review of Created to be a Helpmate was negative for all the right reasons and she uses hospitals and doctors as needed. Otherwise, she's all about converting the heathens and spreading her pro-life message.

I don't really have a problem with different name spellings. The current spellings aren't conventional or traditional either. Names have always changed spelling throughout the ages, and it has actually slowed down in recent times. When most people couldn't read or write, there really was no "right" way to spell any names. And even after near-universal literacy, people didn't make such a big deal about one specific name spelling because our names weren't coded into computers and records weren't attached to a specific name with a specific spelling. It was pretty common for people to change the spelling of their first and last names throughout their lives, sometimes not even by their own doing.

However, I am a little disturbed by this trend of naming kids Reagan, like he's a saint or a prophet or something. One time on some tv documentary I heard of one girl named Kennedy, but I have known of dozens of kids named Reagan. It's almost as if he has become their idol. I think it's a little creepy that it's becoming so common.

Reagan isn't a new name. In fact, I suggest you say to the next parents you see, "Oh, I assume you named her after the little girl from The Exorcist?"

Vet the spellings please. Working in the schools I have come across a Johnathan and a Seen (Dad's name was Sean).

While Seen is interesting, I'm betting Johnathan is more likely a smushed together John Nathan.

I really do think some parents don't know how to spell and the name gets put on the birth certificate bad spelling and all. Others like Kristina spell the names in a "unique" way intentionally. Pretty soon, the "conventional" way of spelling names will seem exotic.

I can't get really riled up about this at all. Have you seen names from previous generations? Sure, you had mostly what we consider "traditional" names and spellings, but man, some weird names are out there.

I'm married to a Jonathan and I'm shocked at the number of people who try to spell it with an H. I think people truly don't know the "normal" spellings.

The name Regan for a girl reminds me of the character from King Lear. She was not a nice person either.

It's ok because Kristina will probably never read it anyway, being that it's not the Authorized 1611 King James Bible.

Johnathan looks wrong, but I don't think it's all that weird. It's not a new spelling, anyway.

Spellings aside, Brayden Bryce and Raegan Rileigh are really stupid names.

Regarding presidential names, I came across a blog once where the kids were named Kennedy, McKinley, Reagan, Taylor, and Madison, all girls. It took me a minute to get the theme. There was also a boy named Carter, but he died as a baby.

I wonder if she had to have a c-section. Are they usually able to deliver twins vaginally? I can't imagine trying to recover from a c-section with newborn twins and a one year old.

it's not obligatory to have a C-section, it depends how the babies are placed... but if she was already exhausted by the all the medical conditions, it also lowers the probability she has a vaginal delivery. Her mom is supposed to be staying with them to help them out.

I'm glad she is getting help. I really, really hope she waits to have another baby. Enjoy the three she has for awhile.

Archived