IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 16: The sins of our fathers

samurai_sarah

Enough with the speculation. The facts of the case are bad enough; we don't need to imagine worse scenarios. Further speculation on this topic will result in a trip to the FJ Prayer Closet.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure she didn't mean it to be petty, but it's kind of funny of her to point out she's the only one having girls. 

She probably pointed it out, @HarleyQuinn, because she reads here and knows FJ doesn't acknowledge her girls as granddaughters because they don't count... because they're not from a Duggar GIRL. lol

Enough already.  Speculation is over.  Bitching about FJ does not belong in the threads, but in community discussion and has been moved.

43 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm sure she didn't mean it to be petty, but it's kind of funny of her to point out she's the only one having girls. 

It's the one thing that is currently distinctive about Anna. I'm sure she meant to point that out... so as not to be "lost in the   crowd"

1 hour ago, raised in rebellion said:

Thanks @laPapessaGiovanna for the warning. I always have to log out for a while when the apologists speak up to defend scum. 

Last time we did this, turns out daddy was in fact raping his daughters in secret. Several of them. 

But he has rights! And at FJ, we only speculate on Jill and Lori and Maxwell threads, while we watch them abuse people. Incestuous pedos and those they hide behind deserve the benefit of the doubt. Yeah. Whatever. 

Sorry/not sorry for finding it horrible that people want to act like she's helpless because of her religion. She isn't. She has free will, and she could have taken him for a pretty penny during the scandals. She still could. Instead she's a brood mare. For an incestuous human. And I'm off-base in speculation land? Really? 

I suppose that if my livelihood was dependant on defending scum, I would feel differently about it. But I like living with myself. Apparently, I also like living on the edge of the many, many, MANY policies and guidelines and rules at FJ. Yikes! 

What real world action are you taking against all of fundamentalism? What are you doing to fight? Do you want to fight? What are you trying to achieve? I would quite like to know, because we're getting nowhere as it is.

16 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

as for the Duggar girls I felt bad for them until they went on national TV and tried to drag the cops and the tabloids and then tried to sue. yet still let Josh back in their lives. 

See, I'm kind of hesitant to cast judgement on the sisters because Duggars' response to the molestation reveal was SO carefully orchestrated to deflect all media scrutiny and responsibility to the public away from Josh and onto Jill and Jessa specifically. Jill and Jessa were the ones who had to make a big show of "learning their lesson" on that sexual abuse special that TLC produced, they were the ones interviewed on Fox, and they were the ones who had to lead the TV show designed to clean up the Duggars' image... while Josh never had to explain or apologize for his offenses. It was weird and fucked up.

1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

See, I'm kind of hesitant to cast judgement on the sisters because Duggars' response to the molestation reveal was SO carefully orchestrated to deflect all media scrutiny and responsibility to the public away from Josh and onto Jill and Jessa specifically. Jill and Jessa were the ones who had to make a big show of "learning their lesson" on that sexual abuse special that TLC produced, they were the ones interviewed on Fox, and they were the ones who had to lead the TV show designed to clean up the Duggars' image... while Josh never had to explain or apologize for his offenses. It was weird and fucked up.

I don't judge them Harshly more in a WTF type of way. I can still see some good in the Duggar Daughters and hope they are able to live happy lives. 

I don't think the sisters had much choice but to let Josh back into their lives.   They were living under their parents' roof after all.

Anna has the only granddaughters and she has undoubtedly had the easiest births of all the Duggar daughters/DILs so far. Yes, we don't know how Joy's went, but having a 10+lb bub rip through your va-jay-jay, yeah, no thanks. And Anna also seems like she has coped the best, even though she by far has the most kids. She seems very involved as a parent, she does crafts and fun things with them, her kids are always well dressed and clean, she seemed to be managing just fine in Washington when her pervert husband was gallivanting around and she didn't really have that much extra help aside from Jana or whoever coming for brief stints here and there. And I really don't get the sense that she would push Mack into being a sister-mom so early, my sense is she truly enjoys having those kids and spending time with them. 

It's a real shame she was forced to hitch her wagon to Josh. She may have had a very happy life with a Duggar (gross), if it was a different Duggar like JD or Joe.

15 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I don't judge them Harshly more in a WTF type of way. I can still see some good in the Duggar Daughters and hope they are able to live happy lives. 

I think that’s a more fair assessment. A lot of us here had pretty massive WTF moments over the Megyn Kelly interview as well. Personally, I felt even worse for Jill and Jessa after it aired and angrier at Josh and their parents for the reasons @nickelodeonmentioned - once again, the Duggar parents clearly prioritized their eldest son over their daughters’ welfare. Jessa and Jill were raked over the coals for that interview. It should have been Josh defending his parents and basically groveling to salvage the family show, not two of his victims. 

48 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

ssa and Jill were raked over the coals for that interview. It should have been Josh defending his parents and basically groveling to salvage the family show, not two of his victims. 

Welllll....I do think they deserved a lot of flack for that interview for the bogus stats they threw out there. Like Jill saying 1/3 of all families deal with incest, and Jessa saying the FOIA was not used properly. There's also the fact that they outed Jinger by process of elimination and really downplayed the abuse suffered by the other two since they were "sleeping" So I think it's a mutual blaming. The parents and Joshley deserve most of the backlash, but Jill and Jessa are adults, and they were clearly coached before that interview. They didn't have to go through with it and try to downplay everything. 

I think Derick is now mad that JB & Michelle encouraged Jill & Jessa to do that interview to make JB and Michelle look better. 

Jill (and Jessa) was too enmeshed at that point to realize that interview was basically exploiting them to save face on behalf of JB & Michelle and Josh- again.... Maybe at first, Jill and him didn’t make a deal out of it as they were just having a baby and freshly in the limelight but as time went on might’ve bothered them more. 

Derick was tweeting scripture on adultery a few months ago so I think he is angry about it. It seemed like it took them over a year or so, after the media scandal, to realize how Josh was protected.

25 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Welllll....I do think they deserved a lot of flack for that interview for the bogus stats they threw out there. Like Jill saying 1/3 of all families deal with incest, and Jessa saying the FOIA was not used properly. There's also the fact that they outed Jinger by process of elimination and really downplayed the abuse suffered by the other two since they were "sleeping" So I think it's a mutual blaming. The parents and Joshley deserve most of the backlash, but Jill and Jessa are adults, and they were clearly coached before that interview. They didn't have to go through with it and try to downplay everything. 

I agree on them deserving some flack for the bogus stats, but the blame they received felt way over the top to me. It almost felt like people were directing all their anger at them because they couldn’t direct it at Josh (because he’s a cowardly SOB who went into hiding rather than face things like an adult.) I still think it was horrific that they were trotted out to save the family brand like that. I really don’t think it should have been an option at that point. It just felt like their very real pain was being exploited to me. 

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't doubt the stat of 1/3 of families dealing with incest/molestation and have particular concerns about that in the fundy community given what we do know about Josh, Bret Morton and Toby Willis. I also read a book by a woman who left fundamentalism (I can't think of her name but I will add it once I go through my stash of books), who was also a victim of assault by a family member and she said it isr rife in that community. (The book was I Fired God, by Jocelyn Zichterman).

I don't want to defend Jill and Jessa, and I don't think they outed Jinger, but they were giving the party line, what they've been told since they were kids.  Given what we know about Gothardism and it's view of sexual assualt, they may have even thought they were to blame in some way.

As others have said on here and I agree, I think this is a very grey area.

Can I just say one thing, please. I have to. I'm sorry:

It's FLAK. Not "flack."

flak [flak] 

noun

1. antiaircraft fire, especially as experienced by the crews of combatairplanes at which the fire is directed.

2. criticism; hostile reaction; abuse:

Such an unpopular decision is bound to draw a lot of flak from the press.

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's FLAK. Not "flack."

flak [flak] 

noun

1. antiaircraft fire, especially as experienced by the crews of combatairplanes at which the fire is directed.

Thank you. I’ll be sure to pass the message along to my phone so it knows better and doesn’t autocorrect next time. :pb_lol:

(But seriously. No apology needed and thanks. :) )

Seriously! Why do we always have these angry posters coming in to make up shit about Josh? Isn't being a child molester, cheating, scum bag enough? Still to the facts! Say loudly that he's a douche who molested his sisters and an unknown victim, that he was sleazy enough to use Ashley Madison to cheat on his wife. I will accept that, down vote him for his sins and all that! Just don't pull shit out of air or your ass, that's not Rufus approved! :P 

okay this has been bugging me since I watched the congrats JInger video. I mean it's one thing when we on here call the kids the M's but when their own father does it I just have to shake my head and think WTF

The pathetic singing at Josh's party reminds me of the picture of Kirk Cameron's saddest birthday ever with the giant subway sandwich.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's FLAK. Not "flack."

flak [flak] 

noun

My computer wasn't being a very good champerone to me with that spelling. I can't believe it let me so that. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Seriously! Why do we always have these angry posters coming in to make up shit about Josh? Isn't being a child molester, cheating, scum bag enough? Still to the facts! Say loudly that he's a douche who molested his sisters and an unknown victim, that he was sleazy enough to use Ashley Madison to cheat on his wife. I will accept that, down vote him for his sins and all that! Just don't pull shit out of air or your ass, that's not Rufus approved! :P 

I hear Josh is hiding Jimmy Hoffa in his basement.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I hear Josh is hiding Jimmy Hoffa in his basement.

And D.B. Cooper.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived