IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 16: The sins of our fathers

samurai_sarah

Is that Anna wearing pants and singing on her latest instagram post?  

I really wish someDuggar would address the whole women wearing pants issue.  I remember them talking about how the men decided to wear only pants and not shorts, why can't the explain how some of them have apparently come to the conclusion after all these years that pants for women aren't so bad after all.  

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shorts thing seemed to have been started by Ben. He came into the family wearing them, then JB&M probably didn't have a good counter for it.

34 minutes ago, srlm said:

Is that Anna wearing pants and singing on her latest instagram post?  

No, neither of those women on stage is Anna. I assume she is the one taking the video.

@srlm No problem! I had to watch it a few times to be sure, lol. Instagram videos are difficult because you can’t pause them or zoom in, so it can be tough to pick people out.

I never thought I would say this, but in some ways I am glad these children are being educated at home, I cannot imagine having to go to school (especially as a teen) and have people know what my father did to his own siblings. I do think Anna is an excellent mother and, as was said previously, has been stuck with a dead weight ( and a total creep) for a husband which makes me feel sad for her but will hopefully mean that she allows her own daughters to do some living before being eternally tied to a husband. I also feel bad for their sons as they will automatically be held to a much higher level of scrutiny when amongst other families just incase they turn out like their father (I know this happening is highly unlikely but this is a community of fundies we are talking about where pseudo-science reigns supreme).

On February 25, 2018 at 3:25 PM, srlm said:

I really wish someDuggar would address the whole women wearing pants issue.  I remember them talking about how the men decided to wear only pants and not shorts, why can't the explain how some of them have apparently come to the conclusion after all these years that pants for women aren't so bad after all.  

I agree. I'm totally OK with them evolving over time, even baby steps can be signs of improvement and any way these kids step away from the ultra-fundie line is one in the right direction most likely. But to just blithely pretend that nothing's ever changed seems odd, considering how they've deliberately put themselves out there as examples of Godliness.

If it was just Jinger, then I'd say she gets to make her own decisions now as a married woman, and good for her. But for Jill to suddenly be pants and nose ring after being all skirts only for years, after how sanctimonious their parents were about the whole thing? I would (and I'm SURE their leghumpers who have been trying to model their lives after the Duggars in an attempt to be "Godly" would also) like to hear something from them about it.

Did God send down a female angel wearing pants to tell them "hey, get with the times?" Did they walk in a store one day and see the light of God shining on a pair of jeans that just happened to fit them perfectly? Did they finally realize pants are more "modest" than skirts? Why did it take them this long instead of allowing it after the whole Josh thing when they were kids, when it would have made his access to his sisters much more difficult? What does Michelle think of this whole thing? JB?

Instead we are likely to continue to get something like we'd expect from Lori Alexander: "What do you mean? We've always done it this way. Just ignore all the photos and TV episodes from before showing the exact opposite."

22 minutes ago, thinandfit said:

I cannot imagine having to go to school (especially as a teen) and have people know what my father did to his own siblings. 

That's true. I feel so bad for those kids.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

That's true. I feel so bad for those kids.

I think that it isn't helped that it all played out so publicly and the fact that the Duggars didn't deal with it appropriately (or at all) at the time. 

21 hours ago, thinandfit said:

I think that it isn't helped that it all played out so publicly and the fact that the Duggars didn't deal with it appropriately (or at all) at the time. 

Add in the Ashley Madison thing and it would be a world of hurt for the M-Kids. :( 

These kids are going to have to bear the brunt of their father's action whether they're in public school or just out in public at WalMart, Harp's, or the thrift store. Because EVERYONE KNOWS what their father did. 

Well, at least everyone who knows who they are.

Given how well known the family is in the area, and the publicity of Josh's crimes, I'm curious as to how the Duggar's, most likely Anna, will address Josh's past with the children, in an age-appropriate way, of course.  I can imagine the Duggar's wanting to sweep it under the table but in the day and age of the internet and the nature of his actions, its bound to surface at some point and I can see Anna trying to protect her children by at least preparing them.  

I don't think they'll do anything other than what they've already done. "We're not perfect", "Joshua made a mistake", "He made it right with the Lord," "It's a non-issue"

“Daddy did some very sinful things when he was a younger man Because He let worldly things/the Devil into his heart. But he found Jesus again and was forgiven for his sins. We should also follow Jesuses example and practice forgiveness.”

Or some such thing. Should be enough to placate young fundie kids. 

Cute pics of the kids above. I really feel sorry for them. 

I think Josh is still a POS. I hate to see his face. 

9 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Cute pics of the kids above. I really feel sorry for them. 

I think Josh is still a POS. I hate to see his face. 

Brace yourself. In a couple of days TOMORROW he turns 30, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing quite a bit of his face. :my_sick:

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Meredith seems to be so sweet!

She has such pretty curls! 

I think Mason looks like Josh, and I'm the person who never seen any resemblance in family members.

Gosh, those pictures of Anna’s adorable, chunky youngest two really shows how gaunt the Rod kids are. So sad. 

So, it's Josh's 30th birthday today. I wish him a mirror* so he could look at it and think about everything he has done in the first three decades of his life. 

* Like this one

Spoiler

6a0120a7e41402970b012876e73359970c.thumb.jpg.ae5d6440c07196af1322ea8bdf590760.jpg

21 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

“Daddy did some very sinful things when he was a younger man Because He let worldly things/the Devil into his heart. But he found Jesus again and was forgiven for his sins. We should also follow Jesuses example and practice forgiveness.”

Or some such thing. Should be enough to placate young fundie kids. 

Yup! Sounds about right! I'm guessing that's pretty much how she'll explain it!

:music-guitarred:Happy birthday to me

Happy birthday to me

Happy birthday to me-ee

And not to Joshley. :laughing-rolling:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived