IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 16: The sins of our fathers

samurai_sarah

17 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

From Ohio. 

I'm slightly offended at the hate for the name cornhole. I've never heard it called anything else!

@Million Children For Jesus Go Bucks! 

In Canada the term cornhole is another name for asshole.  Sorry but it is.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

There is absolutely no reason to apologize for your statement.

29 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

There is absolutely no reason to apologize for your statement.

Isn't the mention of Canada sufficient explanation for the apology?  :my_tongue: 

6 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Isn't the mention of Canada sufficient explanation for the apology?   

Yes we are the polite Country.  I'm sorry because no one will look at the game cornhole the same.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:29 PM, RainbowSky said:

I'd lived here like 2 years and a friend at work said they were doing a fundraiser at a bar. Didn't I want to pay to come play cornhole with them? I was properly horrified until he laughed so hard he was in tears and Googled it for me. 

Well if it was “played” the way I’d always heard the term used, it would certainly be a successful fundraiser :Bazinga:

23 hours ago, FundieCentral said:

I don't recall which blog it comes from, but one of the ex-fundie bloggers (on Patheos maybe?) had discussed how in their belief system, all sin is seen as equal. So having sex outside of marriage, being gay, molesting children, being a gambling addict, lying, stealing, etc. are all on the same level of misbehavior. For this reason, Josh's behavior would have been considered no worse than had he been caught having sex with a girl his age (consensually) or being caught masturbating. 

Scenario 1: “I touched my sisters inappropriately” (molestation)

Scenario 2: “We get to determine our own courtship standards” (lying)

Nope, not the same. 

If it’s all the same and you’ve got to scratch the itch, might as well get some consensual sugar on the side or go about jerking the gherkin. It’s not illegal and reportedly lessens one’s chance of developing prostate cancer (PUBLIC HEALTH!) 

@Don'tlikekoolaid I’m curious about the origin of cornhole as synonymous for asshole and I’m getting some interesting mental pictures. 

according to Daniel Radcliffe, “fanny” means vagina and gets beeped on tv. A fanny pack must be an entertaining concept

3 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

It is?! I’ve literally never heard this. Wonder if it’s a regional thing?

47 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Well, I'm from Ontario - we play this game with boxes and washers when we go camping. I haven't heard the term cornhole before (and find it as squicky as others LOL) but I have heard it called (And here I must apologize to any and all Newfoundlanders) Newfie horseshoes. Or sometimes just Washers.

4 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

@Don'tlikekoolaid I’m curious about the origin of cornhole as synonymous for asshole and I’m getting some interesting mental pictures. 

according to Daniel Radcliffe, “fanny” means vagina and gets beeped on tv. A fanny pack must be an entertaining concept

For the origin of cornhole I assume it has something to do with corn apparently appearing undigested in poop. 

They don’t call them fanny packs in the UK, they call them bum bags. I’ve heard that a few different places actually. 

Non-native English speaker here, and I have to shamefully admit that my first association with "cornhole" was indeed "asshole". Not sure why, probably because I couldn't even picture what it might actually be and it somehow sounded rather vulgar to me.

I'd like to add that despite posters' valiant efforts of trying to illuminate what "cornhole" is about, I am still confused and strangely weirded out by the entire discussion and wish it would move on :D 

1 hour ago, SweetJuly said:

Non-native English speaker here, and I have to shamefully admit that my first association with "cornhole" was indeed "asshole". Not sure why, probably because I couldn't even picture what it might actually be and it somehow sounded rather vulgar to me.

I'd like to add that despite posters' valiant efforts of trying to illuminate what "cornhole" is about, I am still confused and strangely weirded out by the entire discussion and wish it would move on :D 

I found a video for it:

Spoiler

I was thinking it was Hacky Sack, but this is complely different, I don't really see the interest personally.  But yes, I'm in the it sounds like a vulgar term to me camp.

10 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

It does mean vagina but I’ve never heard it beeped, mostly because we censor fewer shows here (after 9pm it’s basically free reign) and also because I’ve never heard anyone say it for vagina seriously in my life :my_blush:

Fanny pack was... well I seriously misunderstood what it meant when I watched American shows aged about thirteen. Though I thought it made more sense, more people wear them over their vaginas than over their bums!

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I’ve lived in California my whole life, and until recently, had only heard it used as a verb “cornholing” for anal sex........never as a noun for anus. So now you know just how shocking hearing it was a fun party game was :wtsf:

I came home from a friend's barbecue in high school one day and told my dad we had played corn hole. He had only heard it as a term for anal sex as well, so was kind of :562479351e8d1_wtf(2): when I told him. That was a fun conversation!

I have always believed Josh knew that what he was doing was wrong. Though I am sure it was explained in terms of lust and purity, not abuse and consent and lack of boundaries. I had also thought JB caught him coming out of the girls bedrooms the 1st time, not that Josh confessed of his own volition. I will stand corrected if I'm mistaken. 

15 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I had also thought JB caught him coming out of the girls bedrooms the 1st time, not that Josh confessed of his own volition. I will stand corrected if I'm mistaken.

Josh confessed of his own volition. At least based on the police reports, it seems Josh had been sneaking into the girls' room at night, and Jim Bob and Michelle were none the wiser. 

42 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I have always believed Josh knew that what he was doing was wrong. Though I am sure it was explained in terms of lust and purity, not abuse and consent and lack of boundaries. I had also thought JB caught him coming out of the girls bedrooms the 1st time, not that Josh confessed of his own volition. I will stand corrected if I'm mistaken. 

I believe one time the girls went and told JB and Michelle after they got home from going out to dinner. not that Josh told. 

35 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I believe one time the girls went and told JB and Michelle after they got home from going out to dinner. not that Josh told. 

I think this is referring to the incident where he was reading to someone - it seems to me that he was the one who again confessed, but I could be reading the redacted report wrong. 

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think this is referring to the incident where he was reading to someone - it seems to me that he was the one who again confessed, but I could be reading the redacted report wrong. 

you are right it's very confusing with the redaction's I always assumed it was one of the girls who called Jim Bob well he was out to eat. maybe it's because the redacted name that called  seemed longer then the one that was clearly Josh's name by the way the redaction was blacked out. 

19 hours ago, Inky said:

Well, I'm from Ontario - we play this game with boxes and washers when we go camping. I haven't heard the term cornhole before (and find it as squicky as others LOL) but I have heard it called (And here I must apologize to any and all Newfoundlanders) Newfie horseshoes. Or sometimes just Washers.

Of course it has to be made derogatory and rude. (Not speaking of you specifically, just in general). I've never actually seen it played here. Not to say it isn't, but in my area, it's not. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I believe you’re correct. The reports, from what I remember, stated that some of the eldest kids weren’t home at the time as they were at dinner with their parents and grandparents. Leaving your eldest son home alone with his younger siblings when you know he molested your daughters before  - another stellar parenting choice courtesy of the Duggars. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived