IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 16: The sins of our fathers

samurai_sarah

Just now, KelseyAnn said:

I never thought in a million years, let alone 2018, that having the opinion that victims should be protected would be a controversial one. 

I feel like these about a lot of issues and topics. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ivycoveredtower, are you going to downvote every single poster who disagrees with you?  It is your right to do so, but, we get it, you don’t feel sorry for the victims.  I doubt they care very much. Most members here feel that they should not have been outed without their permission - that it should have been their choice, and their’s alone. Keep downvoting if you wish, but what we have here is a discussion among adults. And some of those people have lived through this exact situation.  I, personally, would prefer that you showed them a little more respect.  Just my opinion, of course.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Do the girls still have an ongoing lawsuit with the county?

it may not have been right for them to be outed due to poor redacting but the county is not at fault since they followed the law.

I think I read all the original lawsuits were thrown out.

And, also, I agree.  Arkansas privacy/FOIA laws seem to need an overhaul.  That would be a good course of action for the sisters.  Use their fame to call attention to the issue and make sure something changes so it doesn’t happen to any other victims.

10 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

@Ivycoveredtower, are you going to downvote every single poster who disagrees with you?  It is your right to do so, but, we get it, you don’t feel sorry for the victims.  I doubt they care very much. Most members here feel that they should not have been outed without their permission - that it should have been their choice, and their’s alone. Keep downvoting if you wish, but what we have here is a discussion among adults. And some of those people have lived through this exact situation.  I, personally, would prefer that you showed them a little more respect.  Just my opinion, of course.

I actually haven't down voted everyone who disagreed with me. a lot of them on this thread sure. but not all of them. it's funny that' you're keeping track of who I have down voted or not though. why don't you talk to all the people who go down the row and down vote me  on this topic. I don't care either but since you're singling people out and all. 

8 minutes ago, viii said:

@Ivycoveredtower is a troll, and probably should be put a diet. the less we feed into the bs, the better. 

okay if you want to believe that it's okay with me. just because I think the Duggar girls are hypocrites who are stupid to be mad at the people who followed the law  and not at the actual people that harmed them Josh JIm Bob and Michelle  if that makes me a troll then so be it. 

11 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

ignorant. 

Because they are on tv, did I have a 'right' to know that Kendall Kardashian was pregnant? Because he is on tv, do I have a right to know about Jazz's sex life? Because the Stranger Things kids are on tv, do I have a right to know about thier daily activities and crushes? 

Nikedagain is right, you are ignorant...and quite entitled. 

Also, there is a thing called punctuation, which may help you state your case more clearly. Just trying to be helpful. 

9 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Because they are on tv, did I have a 'right' to know that Kendall Kardashian was pregnant? Because he is on tv, do I have a right to know about Jazz's sex life? Because the Stranger Things kids are on tv, do I have a right to know about thier daily activities and crushes? 

what ever now I realize why I left this site years ago  yes people are entitled to know what Josh did this isn't a pregnancy or any thing like what you talked about. if that makes me entitled so be it. I'd rather be entitled then defending the Duggars or Josh the way you are.  I tried very hard not to say anything personal against anyone on here and stick strictly to the Duggars but I guess other's don't have that same standard. 

4 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

what ever now I realize why I left this site years ago and never came back time to leave again. yes people are entitled to know what Josh did this isn't a pregnancy or any thing like what you talked about. if that makes me entitled so be it. I'd rather be entitled then defending the Duggars or Josh the way you are.  I tried very hard not to say anything personal against anyone on here and stick strictly to the Duggars but I guess other's don't have that same standard. 

You're right, it's not pregnancy, it's a matter far more personal for some people. Having people made known of something that very likely wouldn't be concealable after six months is not at all comparable to something that the victim's wanted hidden. 

Goodbye. 

Is it just me or Have we had a spate of self rightous shit stirrers who would rather argue and vote down reasonable posters than listen and learn and maybe see a different POV? 

13 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

what ever now I realize why I left this site years ago  yes people are entitled to know what Josh did this isn't a pregnancy or any thing like what you talked about. if that makes me entitled so be it. I'd rather be entitled then defending the Duggars or Josh the way you are.  I tried very hard not to say anything personal against anyone on here and stick strictly to the Duggars but I guess other's don't have that same standard. 

So you have the right to know about the identities of the minor victims (of a minor, at the time, perpetrator) just because you have seen them on tv, BUT you can't stand disagreement on the internet. Fine, makes sense. 

31 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Because they are on tv, did I have a 'right' to know that Kendall Kardashian was pregnant? Because he is on tv, do I have a right to know about Jazz's sex life? Because the Stranger Things kids are on tv, do I have a right to know about thier daily activities and crushes? 

Bolding is mine.

Really?

6 minutes ago, Ais said:

Bolding is mine.

Really?

I was optimistically hoping it was a typo. They do happen. 

Just now, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I tried to believe that too but something about the tone wasn't sitting well with me. 

2 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I was kind od assuming that the poster doesn't watch the show or pay that much attention to the posts about Jazz.  The name and the knowledge that Jazz is transgender wouldn't let you know her gender.  When I first heard of her I wasn't sure which of the articles I was reading were getting it wrong...

13 minutes ago, Ais said:

Bolding is mine.

Really?

Oh my god! NO, no that was NOT intentional. Oh my god. I would NEVER! I do apologize more profusely!

6 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

It most certainly WAS a typo! I am so ashamed, oh my god. 

3 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Oh my god! NO, no that was NOT intentional. Oh my god. I would NEVER! I do apologize more profusely!

It most certainly WAS a typo! I am so ashamed, oh my god. 

Typos happen to everyone, my entire life is one lol apologies for jumping to conclusions.

1 minute ago, Ais said:

Typos happen to everyone, my entire life is one lol apologies for jumping to conclusions.

I was just so angry as I typed my replies I didn't even bother to proofread, but I do still feel rather shitty for such a typo-especially after  all that vile crap Derick spewed at her. 

I have my issues with the Duggars, but the ladies did not deserve their identities to be revealed. No victim does, unless it's their choice. 

I’m actually really sick of this debate. No one deserves to be outed as a sexual assault victim without their consent for any reason. The fact that people still do not understand that is honestly mind boggling.

As for believing the police shouldn’t be held responsible for releasing the reports, I call bullshit. They did such a horrible job redacting those reports that I almost wonder if they wanted the sisters outed. There absolutely should have been repercussions for those responsible and the sisters had every single right to sue them for their failure to protect them. They were only 15, 14, 12, and 9 when they gave those statements. They trusted that the police would protect them and the police absolutely failed to do that by releasing the reports as they did. 

Do you think if things had been handled properly by JB none of this would have been made public in the first place. Back then they weren't famous. They had to know a witch hunt would start eventually.

You can think that the Duggars are crappy people AND believe that someone did something crappy to them. They're not two mutually exclusive things.

I also don’t agree with the idea that some have(not here necessarily) that Victims of crime, esp sexual assaults,  absolutely must become activists, go on Television or feel obliged to rehash the events or else they are not doing enough and letting other victims down by dropping the ball. If that’s what helps some Crime victims process and heal and take back Power than most certainly they should but others but should never, never  feel compelled to become a public poster child if  they just need empathy, close loved ones  and private time to heal. 

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Uh who is Kendall Kardashian?  

(I legit don't know if you meant Khloe Kardashian or Kylie Jenner)

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived