IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 16: The sins of our fathers

samurai_sarah

8 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Amy is holding who I can only assume is Gideon. 

That's not Amy, lol.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HermioneSparrow said:

That's not Amy, lol.

Oh opps looked like her to me.  :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle: though I do have to wonder if Amy is in the dog house after the Gideon in the hospital picks since her IG went private. 

Traditional Birthday song of heathens?  What happen to the godly jesus version?  

Just now, jiggleromp said:

Traditional Birthday song of heathens?  What happen to the godly jesus version?  

The godly version was mostly TLC’s attempt to avoid paying royalties. The song is famously still under copyright.

6 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The godly version was mostly TLC’s attempt to avoid paying royalties. The song is famously still under copyright.

It's actually not under copyright anymore!

9 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It's actually not under copyright anymore!

I was too lazy to Google it. Maybe it still was then?

42 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I was too lazy to Google it. Maybe it still was then?

It's copyright only ended at the start of 2017, so old episodes wouldn't feature the song.

Ugh. Listen closely and you can hear Turdface singing “happy birthday to ME”. 

We get it Josh, it’s all about you. 

Asshat. 

Just now, curlykate said:

Asshat. 

then he says he sneezed or was going to sneeze on it trying to be funny just yuck. 

That's not Amy holding a baby. Amy is visible on the far right, during a camera pan.

In the panoramic photo DFO posted, I was freaked out by the disembodied hand on Kendra’s bump. Maybe the photos didn’t get put together quite right? 

On 3/4/2018 at 9:45 AM, Chewing Gum said:

I was just thinking GET THOSE FEET AWAY FROM THE FIRE. Idiots. 

I’m glad somebody else noticed that too. Poor little baby's bare feet kept getting ridiculously close to those candles. 

I am surprised by the lacklustre singing given how many people were clearly there. In saying that if I was there I would have 'tripped' and smashed his smug little face into the cake! I think Anna is crazy have gone back to him but it didn't seem she had much of a choice as there was resounding support for him from both their families.

5 minutes ago, thinandfit said:

I am surprised by the lacklustre singing given how many people were clearly there. In saying that if I was there I would have 'tripped' and smashed his smug little face into the cake! I think Anna is crazy have gone back to him but it didn't seem she had much of a choice as there was resounding support for him from both their families.

her elder brother seemed to really hate him and offered her and out so I will always say that Anna is a horrible mother for staying with Josh and nothing anyone will say will change my mind on that. 

and it's not like all of Anna's sibs are still fundy  so she really has no excuse. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

her elder brother seemed to really hate him and offered her and out so I will always say that Anna is a horrible mother for staying with Josh and nothing anyone will say will change my mind on that. 

and it's not like all of Anna's sibs are still fundy  so she really has no excuse. 

I didn't realise that - I just assumed they were because I remember them on the show when she married- and here I was feeling sorry for this poor woman stuck in a horrid situation with her children when in fact she has CHOSEN to stay! 

Feeling extra sorry for those little ones now.

Just now, thinandfit said:

I didn't realise that - I just assumed they were because I remember them on the show when she married- and here I was feeling sorry for this poor woman stuck in a horrid situation with her children when in fact she has CHOSEN to stay! 

Feeling extra sorry for those little ones now.

http://people.com/tv/josh-duggar-scandal-anna-duggars-brother-bashes-josh-as-pig-on-facebook/ 

here is an article about what her brother had to say about the issue. her youngest sister is also not married and has a baby. her elder sister the one whose wedding gown she wore only had two kids and got a divorce. 

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/06/duggar-divorce-scandal-annas-sister-ditches-husband-outrages-fam/

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yes, her brother did offer to take them in, but realistically, how long could he have supported an additional 5 people?  3 months?  6 months tops?  After that, shit would have gotten really real for Anna and she would have to find some source of income with no education, no usable skills, and without the support system she was used to.  And you know the Duggars would have fought her for access to the children and discredited any book she could have written to make money, draining whatever little resources she did have access to.  I'm sure the prospect of that scenario terrified her.

I'm not an Anna fan either, but girlfriend didn't have any good options.  So she chose inertia.

Anna's elder brother claimed, on social media, in the midst of an angry rant, that he would be willing to take them in. We have no idea if he meant it. We have no idea if he ever made the offer to her. We have no idea if the offer had conditions that she couldn't meet. We have no idea if the offer was realistic, or how long he could have put them up, or how much support he actually could have given her. We have no idea what Anna's relationship with her brother was/is. We have no idea what kind of person he is. He might be worse than Josh! And that's not even getting into the fact that Anna has no education, no workplace skills, no work experience, has been indoctrinated since birth to be a quiverfull stay-at-home wife and mother, and had four very young children to support. Let's please not judge her for not accepting an offer that we don't even know was real.

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

http://people.com/tv/josh-duggar-scandal-anna-duggars-brother-bashes-josh-as-pig-on-facebook/ 

here is an article about what her brother had to say about the issue. her youngest sister is also not married and has a baby. her elder sister the one whose wedding gown she wore only had two kids and got a divorce. 

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/06/duggar-divorce-scandal-annas-sister-ditches-husband-outrages-fam/

It’s been pointed out many times before, but we have exactly no clue how serious Daniel was about his offer. It’s one thing to publicly bash Josh and offer to help, but it’s another thing entirely to actually have a plausible long-term plan to help Anna and be willing to do so. This is a woman with no college education, no work experience, and (at the time) three kids with another on the way. Rebekah and her (then) husband mutually agreed to step away from fundamentalism together, meaning she had an emotional and financial partner to help her face any challenges thrown at them. While Suze likely faced a lot of difficulties as well, she also wasn’t faced with the prospect of struggling to provide for four young children on her own.  

You really can’t compare the situations fairly at all. Anna didn’t have great options to choose from and she likely picked the one she felt gave her the best odds of keeping her kids fed. Not to mention it’s far harder to leave if you’re seriously emotionally invested, which Anna appears to very much be - not just because of her family relationships and friendships, but also because of the sheer amount of time she’s invested into the movement and the beliefs.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It’s been pointed out many times before, but we have exactly no clue how serious Daniel was about his offer. It’s one thing to publicly bash Josh and offer to help, but it’s another thing entirely to actually have a plausible long-term plan to help Anna and be willing to do so. This is a woman with no college education, no work experience, and (at the time) three kids with another on the way. Rebekah and her (then) husband mutually agreed to step away from fundamentalism together, meaning she had an emotional and financial partner to help her face any challenges thrown at them. While Suze likely faced a lot of difficulties as well, she also wasn’t faced with the prospect of struggling to provide for four young children on her own.  

You really can’t compare the situations fairly at all. Anna didn’t have great options to choose from and she likely picked the one she felt gave her the best odds of keeping her kids fed. Not to mention it’s far harder to leave if you’re seriously emotionally invested, which Anna appears to very much be - not just because of her family relationships and friendships, but also because of the sheer amount of time she’s invested into the movement and the beliefs.

to me none of that is an excuse she stayed and she had another baby and probably many more in the future if she wants to ruin her own life that's on her but no way can I call someone who would subject children and bring new children into the world  with a father like that a good person or mother. 

I own it I judge Anna and always will. 

I don't judge Anna. There is absolutely zero sign of current molestation in her husband. He was cheating with adult consenting women, which was awful for Anna, but I could see how she could think that staying with a cheater would be easier for the kids than being financially broke and growing up in two different homes as all the fundies judged them.

As for having more babies, while kind of tragic given the circumstances, this has always been Anna's dream. So that's really her going for what she wants, not giving in to please the Duggars.

1 minute ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I would not let him back I'm my bed .  

For your sake, of course! But the kids would be seeing him either way, 50/50 custody at least or maybe he'd get primary custody since he has a way to pay the bills and she doesn't. The one who is suffering from Anna staying with Josh is her, not the kids imo. The kids probably have it a bit easier this way, more stability anyway and more time with their mom. I still wonder if Josh will divorce her one of these years.

On 3/4/2018 at 10:13 PM, curlykate said:

Ha, but he had to sing to make up for those who would not.  James couldn't be bothered to even pretend to sing; he just kept stuffing his face.

I guess Josh isn't Godly enough for the Godly birthday song.  He gets the worldly one, which I'm pretty sure I've never heard them sing before.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived