IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

I'm so embarrassed. I had a Maxwell dream last night. For some reason, I had to interact with them all in a groups setting. I don't know if it wasa conference or what. But the entire Dream was totally stressful because I kept worrying I would say something that would put me as an active FJ poster. I had to choose my words very carefully and Steve was still side eyeing me....

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

All you have to do is throw some holy water over them.  /sarcasm

Real Christians don't need no stinking holy water. That's a Papist, non Christian belief.  Real Christians are washed in the blood of the Lamb! Remember! 

sarcasm font off

The phrase “prissy Chris” has always made me uncomfortable. Maybe it’s just how the term prissy is used where I’m from, but the association is highly feminine and because of that alone is an insult to a traditional guy, I don’t understand how it’s ok to call call Chris “prissy” anymore than it would be to call Jana Duggar “butch”.

I copied this from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Definition of prissy

prissier; prissiest

: overly prim and precise : finicky

And this is from their section of Definition for English Language Learners:

prissy

adjective

Definition of prissy for English Language Learners

: having or showing the annoying attitude of people who care too much about dressing and behaving properly and who are easily upset by other people's behavior, language, etc.

I did not see anything in either definition mentioning prissy being associated with femininity. 

Honestly, the definition of prissy for English Language Learners fits Steve perfectly.

6 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

What the hell could be politically correct about beekeeping?  Also,  I did not know that bees could be Christian.

Bees are equal opportunity stingers.

I would say Pissy Chris would be a better compromise, but it’s a bit too close to Pissing Preacher Steve Anderson. They’re both patriarchal fundie assholes but in different ways. 

I just thought: we discuss sometimes who will take care of the female kidults when Steve and Teri die (let’s face it, they’re not gonna marry, at least Sarah isn’t), but I wonder which son will take over the church pastor position? Maybe (just maybe) John will have buggered off to Iowa by then. He was never one of the preachy/pastor types anyway.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I copied this from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Definition of prissy

prissier; prissiest

: overly prim and precise : finicky

And this is from their section of Definition for English Language Learners:

prissy

adjective

Definition of prissy for English Language Learners

: having or showing the annoying attitude of people who care too much about dressing and behaving properly and who are easily upset by other people's behavior, language, etc.

I did not see anything in either definition mentioning prissy being associated with femininity. 

Honestly, the definition of prissy for English Language Learners fits Steve perfectly.

The etymology is of prim and sissy and in my experience it has always been used with a heavy emphasis on the sissy part.

Going OT to return to NR Anna’s disgusting post in which she “educated” her small children about abortion, because “it’s important to teach children about sin”: (And no, I don’t consider abortion sinful)

Do you teach them how bad rape is?

Do you teach them how bad murder is?

Do you teach them how bad genocide is?

Do you teach them how bad environmental destruction is?

Probably not. Intentionally bringing those topics up with young children wouldn’t be age-appropriate. Should kids hear about such topics, your responses should be couched in care and gentleness. 

The only way on earth a sheltered Maxwell child could possibly learn about the mere existence of abortion would be from the adults closest to them—their own parents.

NR-Anna, you are now officially and forever on my shit list.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I wonder which son will take over the church pastor position? Maybe (just maybe) John will have buggered off to Iowa by then. He was never one of the preachy/pastor types anyway.

My vote is on Crazy Chris.

The girls will live in the (unmarried) family home, given to them in the will. No need to worry about them playing fireman under the covers because they dont have a hose.

Out of all the Maxwell children married couples, I would hate to be married to Chris the most. He just seems so much like Steve for some reason. And I hate Steve.

4 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

The phrase “prissy Chris” has always made me uncomfortable. Maybe it’s just how the term prissy is used where I’m from, but the association is highly feminine and because of that alone is an insult to a traditional guy, I don’t understand how it’s ok to call call Chris “prissy” anymore than it would be to call Jana Duggar “butch”.

I call him Prissy Chris cuz he seems to be the most uptight of all of the Maxwell's and always dresses in khakis.  Plus he was the first one to have a no touch engagement.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Out of all the Maxwell children married couples, I would hate to be married to Chris the most. He just seems so much like Steve for some reason. And I hate Steve.

Isn’t he the one who also schedules time to discuss baby names and when to have sex? 

4 hours ago, Hane said:

Going OT to return to NR Anna’s disgusting post in which she “educated” her small children about abortion, because “it’s important to teach children about sin”: (And no, I don’t consider abortion sinful)

Do you teach them how bad rape is?

Do you teach them how bad murder is?

Do you teach them how bad genocide is?

Do you teach them how bad environmental destruction is?

Probably not. Intentionally bringing those topics up with young children wouldn’t be age-appropriate. Should kids hear about such topics, your responses should be couched in care and gentleness. 

The only way on earth a sheltered Maxwell child could possibly learn about the mere existence of abortion would be from the adults closest to them—their own parents.

NR-Anna, you are now officially and forever on my shit list.

I grew up in a conservative Christian home. No my parents weren’t fundi. I knew about abortion from a very young age. I saw pictures of aborted fetuses and knew they were being “murdered”. I never understood it or got upset about it. My parents did get in trouble from the neighbors because I showed their daughter a pamphlet about abortion. I also knew about miscarriages too. 

I think there is a reason why you wait to talk about certain things with your kids. They won’t be able to understand it. 

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Isn’t he the one who also schedules time to discuss baby names and when to have sex? 

Please tell me more about this.  Some of you have spent years and years with these nut jobs and I’ve missed crazy stories lol

10 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

The etymology is of prim and sissy and in my experience it has always been used with a heavy emphasis on the sissy part.

I agree. It’s one of those terms that is really only used for women and effeminate men, along with “shrill” and “hysterical”.

8 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

I think that sex on demand is a foregone conclusion (read every. single. day.)  As for baby names, one hour is usually devoted to choosing a name.  Wonder if they have a "chore card" for that?

All those videos on his communications concepts page...damn, those Maxwells sure like to hear themselves talk. The males all have rather high opinions of themselves; no humility there. 

Terified can go take a running jump for herself with her "smile" post.  BTDT, got the T shirt.  Smiling while you're mentally ill and dying inside helps no one, least of all the sufferer.  If anything, it delays getting help and makes the self-loathing worse (gotta smile, can't let anyone know how shitty I feel, it must be my fault I feel this way).  

Yeah.  Sorry Teri, just because you suffered your way through years of clinical depression doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

12 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Please tell me more about this.  Some of you have spent years and years with these nut jobs and I’ve missed crazy stories lol

I swear I remember someone on here talking about how he and NR Anna schedule time for conceiving and picking out names, like literally no spontaneity in their lives. Am I thinking of Nathan and Melanie and the scheduled breastfeeding and playtime? 

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

I swear I remember someone on here talking about how he and NR Anna schedule time for conceiving and picking out names, like literally no spontaneity in their lives. Am I thinking of Nathan and Melanie and the scheduled breastfeeding and playtime? 

I don’t think they’ve ever talked about scheduling time to conceive (#ewww), but here’s the post where they talk about scheduling an hour to talk baby names: 

https://blog.titus2.com/2014/02/12/choosing-a-baby-name/

I imagine naming girls would be easier since there are less female names in the Bible. Plus Steve and Teri took three of the most commonly used Biblical female names. I'm hoping both NRAnna and Elissa have boys. Because I always hope fundies have boys. And they have more names to choose from. 

Hmmmmmm, what if they run out of Biblical names? Especially for girls. Deborah is still an option(though she was(gasp!) a leader, so that one may be out), and Esther, Naomi, Rachel, Rebecca. Those are the only good ones I can think of. I know a dear lady named Salome, but Salome in the Bible was one who plotted to be-head John the Baptist, right? Lots of ponder.......

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived