IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Only a couple of WTF moments in today's post. Here are the gems:

"We even pulled off the question and answer panel at the close of the conference with just five of us."

Wow! That must have been rough! Having spoken to 800 people and answered ALL their questions myself, I can only guess stressful that was for Steve.....lol

"...they treated us to a wonderful Arkansas smoked meat home cooked dinner."

As opposed to, say, a Texas or New Jersey smoked met, home-cooked dinner? How is it different? No clue

My WTF had to do with chicken spaghetti. Why the hells do these people love their chickenetti so much? And why was chickenetti invented in the first place? Are these things around just to make me scared of food?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My WTF was Sarah's use of the first person plural. You weren't there, Sarah, it's not we.

Man, she must really have wanted to go. 

14 hours ago, sparkles said:

When Michael Pearl criticizes your stay-at-home daughter approach, you know you’ve fucked up big time. 

https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/cloistered-homeschool-syndrome/

That's amazing! Michael Pearl showing common sense. Skillful rebranding or sincere? I think this time it might just be both. By the time poor Jana Duggar raises the lost girls (or by the time Jim-Bob pulls off his ratings coo of double twin wedding for John and Jana (or a foursome wedding with two sets of twins, adding in Jed/Jer) she'll be so sick of it she won't want more kids. As for poor Sarah Maxwell....I HOPE her sisters-in-law help keep her hope alive. I can picture the Maxwell girls being as afraid of men as Mary (Anna??) was of giving the dentist her own opinion that time!! (A dentist asked her what she thought of braces or something and she "rightly" looked to her mother to get "her own" opinion straight from Mom. 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

My WTF was Sarah's use of the first person plural. You weren't there, Sarah, it's not we.

Man, she must really have wanted to go. 

Maybe there was hope there--someone met at another conference? Maybe she doesn't really get along well with the sil she's ministering to? hmmmmmm But, I think you are right!

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe the Andersons are similar in their thinking compared to the Pearls. I think it's their way of saying, "if my children fuck up past 18 it's not my fault." I know Zoo and PP's future. They will kick their boys out at 18 and expect them to be adults and if they fuck up, it's on the boys, not them. Their girls will be kept at home longer but I'm sure they will have the same attitude once their daughters get married. 

It seems that the Pearl's believe in preparing the kids for being independent. I think the Anderson's idea is simply to kick them out the door, because one less mouth to feed and a little more space for everyone else. The girls will be kept in domestic bondage, because Zsuterus shows no signs of slowing down in the baby production department, even though she's slowly wearing out. 

Keep in mind that the Pearl's also had a very manageable brood of five.  Double or triple that, and their lives would have been drastically different. 

@anjulibai said, "My WTF was Sarah's use of the first person plural. You weren't there, Sarah, it's not we."

It's the enmeshment thing.  She has no identity separate from Stevehovah and the fam. 

Sarah only knows a few adjectives: super, sweet, wonderful, amazing, delicious, joyful.  We need a Maxwell drinking game.  This has probably been suggested before, but the latest post just reinforces it for me.

Drink every time there's a use of: blessed, fellowship, sweet, impacting, serve, fellowship (-ed, -ing), share.

Drink every time someone's holding a sweet baby.

Drink every time someone posts a coffee pic.

Drink every time the Lord puts something on your heart.

Drink every time there's a pic of Maxwell siblings looking like a couple.

Drink every time there's a random food prep picture of someone chopping and beaming.  Ditto for a pic of someone performing a random household chore.

Drink every time a skirt is worn when a skirt in that context would be a: just dang impractical or b: actually dangerous.

27 minutes ago, Howl said:

@anjulibai said, "My WTF was Sarah's use of the first person plural. You weren't there, Sarah, it's not we."

It's the enmeshment thing.  She has no identity separate from Stevehovah and the fam.

Sadly, you are right.  She gets to have Steve's opinions until the mythical day she marries and then, ala the great Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) in Downton Abbey, she will have opinions only because he husband will tell her what they are.....

Just now, LilMissMetaphor said:

Sarah only knows a few adjectives: super, sweet, wonderful, amazing, delicious, joyful.  We need a Maxwell drinking game.  This has probably been suggested before, but the latest post just reinforces it for me.

Drink every time there's a use of: blessed, fellowship, sweet, impacting, serve, fellowship (-ed, -ing), share.

Drink every time there's a random food prep picture of someone chopping and beaming.  Ditto for a pic of someone performing a random household chore.

Drink every time a skirt is worn when a skirt in that context would be a: just dang impractical or b: actually dangerous.

Use of the word "precious"

Doing some chore no one ever does like, say cleaning the inside of a ceilling fan

Working as a group on a family project

A little boy is described as "all boy" or similar

I love the picture of Steve standing under the Beast. And a woman wore JEANS!!!!!! to their conference!!!!!!!!

Seriously, what time do these people get up?!?!?  My infant son woke me at 6 am and, while he was able to get back to sleep, I wasn't. Checked the blog and it was already up!

I bet those teenagers were super thrilled to be at a conference on their weekend, listening to someone talk about "leisure time"

This might just be personal preference, but I find the church they attended to be very stark and uninviting. I guess I just like traditional churches over modern ones. 

Sarah might schedule posts to be posted on the blog at a certain time. You can do that with the blogs on FJ. So you can write a post, but schedule it to actually publish at a later time. 

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Do you want us all to die from alcohol poisoning? :D:D

27 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Sarah might schedule posts to be posted on the blog at a certain time. You can do that with the blogs on FJ. So you can write a post, but schedule it to actually publish at a later time. 

I'm sure the old itOnramp course didn't cover such advanced topics.....

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really wish they would let her at least attend a fundie college. If she's not going to get married and have a bunch of kids, at least let her enjoy a little "education."

If they make her wait much longer, she'll be able to audit a community college for free due to being a senior citizen.

1 hour ago, bluelady said:

Seriously, what time do these people get up?!?!?  My infant son woke me at 6 am and, while he was able to get back to sleep, I wasn't. Checked the blog and it was already up!

I bet those teenagers were super thrilled to be at a conference on their weekend, listening to someone talk about "leisure time"

This might just be personal preference, but I find the church they attended to be very stark and uninviting. I guess I just like traditional churches over modern ones. 

Aren't most fundie churches rather deathly plain (see what happened there, lol??!!)

I agree, having spent my school age years illuminated by beautiful stained glass windows and admiring realistic statuary.

45 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Do you want us all to die from alcohol poisoning? :D:D

We all know where we'll be going!!

All right, I'm done for now--

If I wrote fundie fan fic my story would be about Sarah and John David a little too close at Chelsy and John's wedding (they spoke to one another at the reception while only EIGHTEEN inches apart *gasp*). Therefore Steve hatched a plan that Sarah would stay home no matter what when the Arkansas conference rolled around. He couldn't risk her talking to JD again. He knew one of his daughters in law would be very close to delivering, in labor, or had a newborn when the conference came. That was the perfect way to guilt Sarah into staying home and keeping her safe from the clutches from that wild John David. 

20 hours ago, daisyjane1234 said:

My guess that Sarah is sad and wishes it were different.  But then immediately feels guilty for even daring to question the will of God.

Yes I believe this to be true.  I also believe that Stevehovah is enough of an evil asshat to constantly remind Sarah that if she were truly a good, godly woman a husband would have appeared.  But that she must not be, because God hasn't sent her one.  The fault then is completely Sarah's, not God's and certainly not Stevehovah's.

Yes I do think Stevehovah is evil because of all the torture he's done to Terrifed  (forced homeschooling more reversal kids, banning Pepsi [her only pleasure], etc.) and his children (ruling all of them with an iron fist). 

I believe that Steve is going to be very surprised when confronted by his sins after death, when he gets to wherever he is going.

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

Aren't most fundie churches rather deathly plain (see what happened there, lol??

No, not at all. But they don't go to a real "church" they do church at the nursing home. Many of their ilk to home church groups--invitation only. Family Integrated Churches (read Vision Forum churches) are often by invitation only as well.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Well, it beats doing more chores or working for zero pay in a struggling family business. At least at the conference some other captive teenager, possibly of the opposite sex, might be there and, if you are a guy,  you could say God put it on your heart that she could be "the one" and could Dad find out? 

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@JermajestyDuggar  @Granwych you guys forgot Poor Esther Staddon, who would have been David's SIL if the world was a less cruel place to be for David?

I haven't really followed the Staddons.  Whats the deal with Esther?  Another broken courtship and too many pieces of her heart given away?

42 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I haven't really followed the Staddons.  Whats the deal with Esther?  Another broken courtship and too many pieces of her heart given away?

Who knows? Unlike the Arndts, two of the Staddon boys have married so it can’t be daddy control issues.

It’s not even “we need you to do all the housework at home” (and she’s the only girl in the family) because she appears to work at IBLP HQ in Texas at least some of the time. And the Staddons go to a regular, if fundie, church and have access to a much bigger network than the Maxwells do.

Esther Staddon is a mystery. I would've guessed she would be married by now. Unfortunately I think there's a point where fundie females lose hope. There are plenty of young and fertile female fundies to go around so once you hit your thirties, it seems your options go way down.

The bows are getting more and more ridiculous, this one is almost self parodying

IMG_8834.jpg

does that little girl have 2 bows? have fundies gone too far?

IMG_8836.jpg

What struck me about that post is how much Anna and Mary like children and interacting with children. (Yes, maybe they've been trained that way, but clearly they genuinely enjoy kids.)  In their world, the only way to get their own children is to be married. So Steve, where are their suitors? Do your fundie paternal duty by at least two of your daughters, please!

As for Sarah... this is total speculation, but maybe she wanted to go to this conference because there's a man she wanted to see?

Sarah called her dad by his first name: "On Sunday we joyfully worshiped at the coordinator’s church. Steve preached. Jesse led the singing, and Anna did a Bible story for the children." She also keeps using "we" even though she wasn't there. Its pretty obvious she didn't actually write this post despite the top of the blog saying she was the author. 

The Maxwells are a bunch of fucking liars. And not very good ones. 

1 hour ago, spookytwoshoes said:

Sarah called her dad by his first name: "On Sunday we joyfully worshiped at the coordinator’s church. Steve preached. Jesse led the singing, and Anna did a Bible story for the children." She also keeps using "we" even though she wasn't there. Its pretty obvious she didn't actually write this post despite the top of the blog saying she was the author. 

The Maxwells are a bunch of fucking liars. And not very good ones. 

I wonder if Teri wrote the post and didn't change the "written by" part of it. Maybe that part is an auto-fill item? 

Edit:  Ooops Sorry!  I now see I wrote bascially what you had written. I did not read thoroughly enough. My apologies. 

9 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

"We even pulled off the question and answer panel at the close of the conference with just five of us."

Wow! That must have been rough! Having spoken to 800 people and answered ALL their questions myself, I can only guess stressful that was for Steve.....lol

If I’m not mistaken, they only answered prescreened questions, so even one person half asleep could have pulled it off. 

Yep, that girl has two bows. One on an Alice band and one just in her hair like how the lost girls tend to have them. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived