IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

14 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

na they ate there I remember Evan complaining in a story that his chicken for his biscuit was supposed to be spicy and it wasn't. so he got a free plate. then he showed us. 

ah, one can never be too young to start grifting free biscuit plates

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

ah, one can never be too young to start grifting free biscuit plates

Now we see why Evan is allowed to court Carlin, Gil looks at him with a tear in his eye and thinks of when he was a young grifter. 

In the secular world where she could date like a normal 20 year old, Carlin would have "hit it and quit it" already.

4 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

In the secular world where she could date like a normal 20 year old, Carlin would have "hit it and quit it" already.

In the normal world, he would be Carlin's GBF.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:06 PM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Hilarious!

Whether it's because the parents didn't think they were ready or Evan was short on ring/headship funds, I do think this gives Carlin a moment to pause and see if her excitement for him is real or largely attributed to the need to be "first" or "keep up". Tori went before her, naturally, and now Josie is next. All that is left is reality.

Again, whether by default or purpose, this is perfect for Carlin. One day she will look back on this time and see it as a gift from God; it's one of those gut wrenching moments that life so kindly offers us to aid in our maturity.

34 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Hilarious!

Whether it's because the parents didn't think they were ready or Evan was short on ring/headship funds, I do think this gives Carlin a moment to pause and see if her excitement for him is real or largely attributed to the need to be "first" or "keep up". Tori went before her, naturally, and now Josie is next. All that is left is reality.

Again, whether by default or purpose, this is perfect for Carlin. One day she will look back on this time and see it as a gift from God; it's one of those gut wrenching moments that life so kindly offers us to aid in our maturity.

I think it has to do with the fact Evan has to finish what ever schooling he needs to be an electrition. Gil does seem pretty strict on making sure the guy is finshed with schooling before marriage. Brandon/Bobby/ now probably Evan. unlike JIm Bob who just doesn't care I mean look at Ben. 

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it has to do with the fact Evan has to finish what ever schooling he needs to be an electrition. Gil does seem pretty strict on making sure the guy is finshed with schooling before marriage. Brandon/Bobby/ now probably Evan. unlike JIm Bob who just doesn't care I mean look at Ben. 

I wonder why they approved the courtship before Evan started school.

I wonder why his desk job wasn't good enough. Think they'll eventually publically speak about the delay?

11 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I wonder why they approved the courtship before Evan started school.

I wonder why his desk job wasn't good enough. Think they'll eventually publically speak about the delay?

bet it was some type of competition on Evan's part after everyone fawned over how great Chad is an now how great it is to have a plumber in the family. I think if they ever do speak out about it. It will just be to say Hey look now we have even more people in the family that can help with projects. 

Evan’s career is part of it, but I think Gil and Kelly realize how very immature Carlin is, especially compared to Josie.

During Tori & Bobby's honeymoon episode, there was scene where Kelly Jo & some of the daughters were decorating Bori's apartment. KJ brings up Carlin and Evan's future plans and apparently they're looking at a December wedding (although Carlin wasn't planning on saying anything just yet). Carlin also mentions January, so maybe she's graduating after this Fall semester? Although, an early January wedding would probably still be before Spring semester starts, therefore still falling within Clown's rules. 

I'm bringing this all up, because the constant teasing of a CarVan engagement is going to make things really hard if they do break up. I do think that they have a game plan, but it still proves (once again) that courtship is just virtue signaling rather than actually protecting your kids best interests. 

This mini dissertation is brought to you by Up! TV's latest BuB Instagram post.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the 'surprise' they're alluding to is BoRi's pregnancy announcement. They episode title is "One Week, Three Babies?!"

43 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

During Tori & Bobby's honeymoon episode, there was scene where Kelly Jo & some of the daughters were decorating Bori's apartment. KJ brings up Carlin and Evan's future plans and apparently they're looking at a December wedding (although Carlin wasn't planning on saying anything just yet). Carlin also mentions January, so maybe she's graduating after this Fall semester? Although, an early January wedding would probably still be before Spring semester starts, therefore still falling within Clown's rules. 

I'm bringing this all up, because the constant teasing of a CarVan engagement is going to make things really hard if they do break up. I do think that they have a game plan, but it still proves (once again) that courtship is just virtue signaling rather than actually protecting your kids best interests. 

This mini dissertation is brought to you by Up! TV's latest BuB Instagram post.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the 'surprise' they're alluding to is BoRi's pregnancy announcement. They episode title is "One Week, Three Babies?!"

it is. Carlin is supposed to be helping Tori pull of a surprise she talks about it in that interview she gave awhile back. Kelly and Gil know. Tori and Bobby told them on the last weeks episode. 

I expect that Carlin and Evan will get married in December like they’ve been saying (maybe January, but I’m not sure they’ll want to wait any longer). I’m predicting a September engagement to go along with their typical 3 month engagement-to-wedding timing. Although I could see them getting engaged earlier so as to not steal any thunder from Josie. Maybe even August, like on their courtship anniversary. 

49 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Evan had basically the same picture only not a great shot of them

How many times do you think they walked back and forth to get these shots? (Carlin swaps which foot is leading). 

#BibleBabe  :my_rolleyes:

Also, I predict Carlin will never graduate with anything but a MRS degree

14 hours ago, Mayluka said:

I expect that Carlin and Evan will get married in December like they’ve been saying (maybe January, but I’m not sure they’ll want to wait any longer). I’m predicting a September engagement to go along with their typical 3 month engagement-to-wedding timing. Although I could see them getting engaged earlier so as to not steal any thunder from Josie. Maybe even August, like on their courtship anniversary. 

If they get married in December than they’ll be the fourth Bates couple to do so. If that’s what they want and they want to avoid sharing that day with any current birthdays or anniversaries then that immediately rules out:

- December 14 (Zachney’s anniversary)

- December 16 (BoRi’s anniversary)

- December 19 (Gil and Kelly’s anniversary)

- December 20 (Tori’s birthday)

- December 30 (Zach’s birthday)

If they want a Saturday wedding in December and don’t want to share the day then this is the year to do it since none of those fall on a Saturday. 

On 7/22/2018 at 8:40 PM, Mayluka said:

This makes the most sense to me. If Carlin and Evan made a decision to wait knowing he was going back to school, then parents would oblige. 

I just know Kelly is all for pushing marriage. She said something about Evan proposing at the romantic courtship scavenger hunt maze thingie.

Who knows what is going on with these two except that theyre still courting. lol

If Carlin actually plans to graduate from college, then she'll have to abide by Clown's rules, which means she cannot get married during the semester. That's why several of her sisters either dropped out, took a semester off, or got married during the break.

Clown's Christmas break this year is officially December 21-28, although classes don't start again until January 9. So the three logical wedding dates would be December 22, December 29, or January 5 (all Saturdays).

12 minutes ago, JillyO said:

If Carlin actually plans to graduate from college, then she'll have to abide by Clown's rules, which means she cannot get married during the semester. That's why several of her sisters either dropped out, took a semester off, or got married during the break.

Clown's Christmas break this year is officially December 21-28, although classes don't start again until January 9. So the three logical wedding dates would be December 22, December 29, or January 5 (all Saturdays).

is she still held to the rules if she's only doing online classes and not campus classes? 

40 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

is she still held to the rules if she's only doing online classes and not campus classes? 

Typically, at Christian colleges you have to abide by the same lifestyle code even if it's online. I don't know about Crown College specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Now Evan is grifting Taco Bell he just posted in his story when you know the guy who owns taco Bell  thanks for supper Chad. with some guy I assume is named chad. 

Kelly bought Carlin flowers. Carlin blurred the note but I think it says something about being a good helper with the kids and not being able to manage without her.3EF937F3-EAC5-4422-A364-C8B9E065F7A7.png

I rolled my eyes at that "Babe" comment. I think I would have gone with my best guy or best girl comment.

Does Kelly's note not so secretly mean that she doesn't want Carlin to leave so she doesn't have to parent her own kids? 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived